2020 Democratic Debates Watch Thread

bad_teammate

Just now, Anastasis said:

In a good number of states CA, NY and states in the midwest as much as 40+% of Medicare beneficiaries are in MAPD. Political reality is that you are not going to shed MAPD.  

I know the Teacher Retirement System of Texas uses Humana's Medicare Advantage plan. If retirees don't want it they are free to opt out but they can't return.

Just now, David Dennison said:

I know the Teacher Retirement System of Texas uses Humana's Medicare Advantage plan. If retirees don't want it they are free to opt out but they can't return.

TRS' insurance just changed in last year or so and I see a ton of upset retirees with the change. A lot of them decided to opt out.

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

One problem rarely discussed is the issues facing rural hospitals which are closing at a very rapid rate. I'm not sure that bigger private hospitals are willing to gobble them up to help provide adequate care out in the countryside.

They will if the government makes it worth their while, which is what will have to happen. 

Just now, Chet Steadman said:

Just thought of this, what are the chances Trump decides not to debate the democratic nominee?

There’s nothing specifically stating he’s required to do so, right?

He'll do it because it's a challenge that suits him. You don't real time fact check a debate and if it's Biden he's going to wipe the floor with him.

1 minute ago, Chet Steadman said:

Just thought of this, what are the chances Trump decides not to debate the democratic nominee?

There’s nothing specifically stating he’s required to do so, right?

that's how AOC got elected 

4 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

TRS' insurance just changed in last year or so and I see a ton of upset retirees with the change. A lot of them decided to opt out.

It's still a pretty good PPO for people 65 and over. For retirees under 65, the TRS plan isn't so hot.

Edited by David Dennison