Red meat for the unwoke misogynist: Charlie's Angels

Parliament

the one thing no one has ever bothered to explain to me before these movies bomb is why I am supposed to want to see them beyond either the most obvious and unconvincing ("because it's kick ass entertainment!") or the unappealing ("it's empowering!" or any variation on that theme).

WHY would i want to see Charlie's Angels 2019? I saw the last two and enjoyed both, even the drecky second one. What is the pitch for this one, and I mean the pitch that would make me want to see it and/or explain how I've failed as a moviegoer if I don't?

How Sony Is Marketing the 'Charlie's Angels' Reboot

The studio's campaign includes a hit song collaboration by Lana Del Rey, Ariana Grande and Miley Cyrus, and a promo spot featuring soccer star Megan Rapinoe.

Shit, soccer star Megan Rapinoe????

How did this movie ever flop? They got Rapinoe for fucks sake.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/how-sony-is-marketing-charlies-angels-reboot-1255259

• Like 1

Has it also occurred to Elizabeth Banks (who I think is hilarious as an actress, btw) that part of the reason the movie stinks is because the jig is finally up with Kristen Stewart?  She's not talented, she can't carry a film, and she sure as shit isn't funny.  I know some of you "outdoorsy Texas men" went to the Twilight movies, for some reason.  But she can't act and she's not funny.  

39 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Has it also occurred to Elizabeth Banks (who I think is hilarious as an actress, btw) that part of the reason the movie stinks is because the jig is finally up with Kristen Stewart?  She's not talented, she can't carry a film, and she sure as shit isn't funny.  I know some of you "outdoorsy Texas men" went to the Twilight movies, for some reason.  But she can't act and she's not funny.  

Absent of anything to do with this movie, I actually have the opposite opinion of Kristen Stewart. I think she's as interesting an actress as the next gal and was surprised she'd make this movie.