2019 Texas Volleyball

Js1

On 11/23/2019 at 8:19 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Claire's serve is wicked!  They just showed it from the baseline, clears the net and drops like a sinker.

Confirmed.  I was there and went down to court level to watch Claire serve.  It's hard to tell sometimes on tv, but it is filthy. 

That first set was a bit of a hangover.  Kansas scored 4 or 5 points in that set hitting over Jhenna's block.  That's something we need to figure out how to defend better.

48 minutes ago, Pogo said:

Confirmed.  I was there and went down to court level to watch Claire serve.  It's hard to tell sometimes on tv, but it is filthy. 

That first set was a bit of a hangover.  Kansas scored 4 or 5 points in that set hitting over Jhenna's block.  That's something we need to figure out how to defend better.

Yeah it is hard to see, but the receiver often takes it in the chest or way low.

Thanks to Rice losing again, Texas is now #4 in RPI futures. 

#4 in AVCA

#3 in current RPI 

In 2017, we finished #4 in the RPI but got a #6 seed.  We ended up matched with #3 Tree.

We really need to be kept away from Tree.  Ideally, #4 seed allows us to host 4 games and then we match up with #1 Baylor in Pittsburgh (if they make it).  

If they go full RPI right now, it would be:

Baylor/Tree
Wisky/Texas

If they go RPI futures, it would be:

Baylor/Texas
Wisky/Pitt

I still don't think Pitt gets a top 4 seed (probably #5).  Which means 3/4 comes down to Texas and Tree.  H2H would knock them up to #3 and us to #4 - which I am okay with.  Wisky is kinda hot right now and I think a third Baylor matchup goes our way.  

BTW, did anyone else notice the, um, unique way the Kansas Libero finished a play?  My wife called it the "slow grind" and wondered if Nelson knows what it looks like she's doing.  The TV cameras may not have picked it up much, but she did it every time a ball hit in front of her.  I found a shot of her doing it in a previous match.

I could be wrong, but this seems like the first week in a while that we're higher in the RPI than the coaches poll.  FWIW, Karch predicted last night we would wind up the 3-seed and Baylor the 1-seed, putting us on opposite sides of the bracket.

11 minutes ago, Pogo said:

I could be wrong, but this seems like the first week in a while that we're higher in the RPI than the coaches poll.  FWIW, Karch predicted last night we would wind up the 3-seed and Baylor the 1-seed, putting us on opposite sides of the bracket.

I’m highly interested in the 2 then. If it’s Wisky, okay. If it’s Tree, god I hope not. Elliot said in Point Texas that the goal is to avoid Tree until the FF Bc they keep fucking up our postseason 

On 11/27/2019 at 10:01 AM, Pogo said:

Never argue with Karch.

On 11/26/2019 at 6:50 AM, Js1 said:

We got unfairly punished. Baylor dropped from 1 to 3 after getting swept by us on the road. We dropped 1 to 4 after losing at Baylor in 5

Yeah this is exactly why I came here today. What in the actual fuck? 

32 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Our regional will probably be

1. Texas

2. Rice

3. SFA

4. out of state conference winner

I could see Rice going to Baylor instead. Possibly A&M if they host. I think we will have to take in a PAC 12 school, SFA and someone else.