2019 Texas Volleyball

Js1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Does UL instead of WKU make a shit?  Based on seedlings it does but how big an upset was that?

also, when do we hire K Bell?

I mean WKY was seeded.  They were a good team. Louisville already beat them once. And A&M. They took a set off Pitt. 

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It just seems like Micaya isn't really leading the team.  I don't think this is news.

Maybe thank God for Khat?  Hope she continues to attend, just in case.

And again, really happy for Autumn.  We've whipped on her pretty hard over the years, along with Clair.

That’s always been White - not a vocal leader. It’s Logan’s team next year. Logan and Bri. 

1 minute ago, WBT said:

Great comeback.  Those last 2 sets were fun.  I'll echo being happy for Autumn.  She played great.

It's pretty concerning how bad Syd was, especially in the 3rd set.

It can take some time to adjust to fast paced offenses. It seems like Syd’s reads were not good. Autumn clearly read the scouting report well. 

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

After the post-game with Clair(e?), Micaya, Khat and Haley, it seems pretty clear that the team didn't know how to motivate itself and get off bottom dead center.

We may need to pay Khat's way to the rest of the games.

Experience and leadership is big in tournament time.  In Set #3, Texas showed their youth and lack of player leadership...

Eggleston grew up a lot in Set #4 

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Turning point was set 4 

- Autum at libero 

- Logan got hot 

- No service errors in set 4/5

- Only 2 errors in set 4/5 total 

- 7 blocks in set 4/5 (equaled first 3 sets) 

Easier to collect blocks when you make them play offense instead of watching the serve sail out of bounds 4 times a set. 

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Easier to collect blocks when you make them play offense instead of watching the serve sail out of bounds 4 times a set. 

All true. 

I hope Syd gets right because while we can beat UCSB and probably Lville with Autumn in the black jersey, it’s a different story against Minny, Tree and Baylor 

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Texas has had many 2nd round matchups go 4 but this is the first 2nd round five setter under Elliot at Gregory. 

Closest we’ve come to losing before the regionals in Austin since we lost 1-3 in 2005 to Hawaii. 

And 2005 was such an unfair draw! I believe Texas was ranked in the top 10 in the Coaches Poll and the committee had given Hawaii a top 10 national seed. So in essence it was a top 10 match up in the Round of 32. I also think it was Topic's last games ever as college player. Bethany Howden's too. Such a shame as both those players were really the building blocks for Elliot's success at Texas.

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

Turning point was set 4 

- Autum at libero 

- Logan got hot 

- No service errors in set 4/5

- Only 2 errors in set 4/5 total 

- 7 blocks in set 4/5 (equaled first 3 sets) 

I’d say an assist goes out to the crowd.  They sensed this team needed help and at the start of set 4 it got LOUD. I was sitting in the baseline section on the floor and my Apple watch dB meter hit 110 constantly. 

hopefully we learn and build off of this.  Hookem. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CrownKing said:

I’d say an assist goes out to the crowd.  They sensed this team needed help and at the start of set 4 it got LOUD. I was sitting in the baseline section on the floor and my Apple watch dB meter hit 110 constantly. 

hopefully we learn and build off of this.  Hookem. 

Oh yeah. And Khat Bell. Whatever she Said, bottle it up for next weekend 

10 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

After the post-game with Clair(e?), Micaya, Khat and Haley, it seems pretty clear that the team didn't know how to motivate itself and get off bottom dead center.

We may need to pay Khat's way to the rest of the games.

One odd thing.  Micaya has been interviewed several times in the last few weeks due to her senior status, etc.  

She is surprisingly soft spoken, and just seems like a gentle, quiet person.  Which seems at odds with her playing style, her tatts and piercings, DWI (yes I know not convicted), and whatnot.

Claire was much more assertive in speaking about the team and seems more of a natural leader type, but hasn't had the role or frankly the playing chops to assume the mantle.

Given that we have three seniors (including Autumn) with heavy minutes and that the rest are underclassmen, I think we really do have a bit of a leadership vacuum.

Edited by TwiceHorn