The Supremes

tx 3 putt

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He benefited from affirmative action and is opposed to affirmative action. That pretty much sums it up. He’s all about pulling up the ladder behind him. That’s modern Republican philosophy in a nutshell. 

Sounds kinda Abbott-y.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 hours ago, WBT said:

Wow, she's deranged.  I  don't see how you can be impeached for what your spouse says though.

And I doubt he has the capacity for the shame that should lead him to resign,

Yeah, think of the confirmation shit show if spouses come under the microscope. I don't like it, but I'm not sure what can really be done about it.

18 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Have to point out that the article says she was working two minimum wage jobs while Clarence was in law school -- not that she put him through school.

Nonetheless, this is a story I hadn't known about and his using a very inaccurate, shitty narrative about his own sister to advance his own fortunes is pretty damned evil.

• Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Sasse is a no.

Every radical republican will vote no on the first Black woman to be nominated for this position.  Surprising.

What’s the procedure if it’s tied out of the judiciary committee?

Well, shit. I got that one wrong. I guess it shows that Mitch McConnell still has an iron grip on Senate Republicans. And Sasse’s thinly veiled racism has been on display in the past like with that exchange he had with Bill Maher a while back.

Fuck him.

Oh, and I had to look for confirmation:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/599841-sasse-to-vote-no-on-jacksons-supreme-court-nomination

Edited by WhatTheBuck

6 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Remember when his sister-in-law said he is so nice, it’s hard to remember that he’s black? Ginni’s sister. True story.

Remember when Mitch McConnell said black people vote just as much as Americans?

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2022/01/20/mitch-mcconnell-african-americans-vote-much-americans/6590081001

• Rage+1 1

Need to get KBJ on the court ASAP, and that will require Manchin and Sienema to be on board too. I think the Rs are counting on one of them flipping, and scuttling this nom. If nothing else, it's their obstruction mentality continuing to muck up the works. A 51-50 vote could be another campaign topic for many of them anyways.

I doubt anything comes out of the Ginni/Clarence situation, and while he should step down or be impeached, there is a negative zero percent chance that Republicans hand Biden another nomination opportunity.  Even if Clarence himself was breaking windows at the Capitol on 1/6, they wouldn't boot him without the full assurance he would be replaced by a similar judge. 

6 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Need to get KBJ on the court ASAP, and that will require Manchin and Sienema to be on board too. I think the Rs are counting on one of them flipping, and scuttling this nom. If nothing else, it's their obstruction mentality continuing to muck up the works. A 51-50 vote could be another campaign topic for many of them anyways.

I doubt anything comes out of the Ginni/Clarence situation, and while he should step down or be impeached, there is a negative zero percent chance that Republicans hand Biden another nomination opportunity.  Even if Clarence himself was breaking windows at the Capitol on 1/6, they wouldn't boot him without the full assurance he would be replaced by a similar judge. 

Manchin already said he’s voting to confirm. If Sinema doesn’t then she needs to be taken out back and beaten with a bunch of tube socks filled with oranges.

Last I heard, Thomas was released from the hospital and is expected to be fine.

Because we can’t catch a break. 

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Manchin already said he’s voting to confirm. If Sinema doesn’t then she needs to be taken out back and beaten with a bunch of tube socks filled with oranges.

Last I heard, Thomas was released from the hospital and is expected to be fine.

Because we can’t catch a break. 

They didn't say where he was released... it could have been to hospice or a homeopathic clinic. 

10 hours ago, Bullneck said:

At :15 it looks like a snake/snake head or something like that, but it's definitely in the shape of a Z.

11 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Is this dipshit wearing a cap with a Z on it?

Good eye. 

Image 3-26-22 at 9.58 PM.jpeg

Edited by Pods

8 hours ago, Pancho said:

They will get KBJ killed 

After this Christian message!

Can someone with a background in psychology explain how pederasts are the focus of their political party?  Is it all projection or is there some sympathetic chord it strikes with gun owners?

They’ll make sure this spot is vacant until their orange god comes back.

Thinking Biden would actually get a nominee approved was a bit of a pipe dream unfortunately.

I’m sure Sinema and Manchin have recently received some nice 7 figure donations to assure their no votes.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

TFG

Two things:

1. I doubt any of those idiots watched any of the KBJ broadcast so they'll just have to take his word for it about how disrespectful she was,

2. Other than in the two elections, when would she have voted for TFG?  It ain't part of her job.

Edited by Bullneck