The Supremes

tx 3 putt

2 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Read so poor you have to edit the conversation?  

I don’t know how to add my quote that you were responding to. Explain any other way to interpret your response to my post

edit or was it just a non sequitur?

Edited by Sawbonz

2 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Read so poor you have to edit the conversation?  

What was actually said?

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

I don’t know how to add my quote that you were responding to. Explain any other way to interpret your response to my post

Best way is take screen shot. 

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

This whole right being irate about it leaking is very odd and very obviously performative.  Such a strange path to choose here.  

Yeah. "By every indication" my ass, Mitch. Wake me up when the right stops making shit up out of whole cloth. Amazing the lies their rubes will accept at face value.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Keep pushing.

Your transphobic feeding frenzy on Troph is the reason for the new autoban rule. Congratulations on fucking around and finding out in this online world. All those guys bitching in the Board Discussion thread can thank you personally.

If you and your white nationalist theocrats buddies keep fucking around with people's basic human rights in the real world, y'all are going to eventually find out there too.

You've been warned that if y'all take all this shit too far, something's going to break, and when minority rule ends, it doesn't typically look too pretty for the minority.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The argument is that the text of the constitution was amended by the 13th to explicitly prohibit slavery.  Whether it was previously an unenumerated "right" thus becomes completely irrelevant.

Is it the explicit language that renders 13A/slavery a different argument than 14A/abortion?

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Keep pushing.

Your transphobic feeding frenzy on Troph is the reason for the new autoban rule. Congratulations on fucking around and finding out in this online world. All those guys bitching in the Board Discussion thread can thank you personally.

If you and your white nationalist theocrats buddies keep fucking around with people's basic human rights in the real world, y'all are going to eventually find out there too.

You've been warned that if y'all take all this shit too far, something's going to break, and when minority rule ends, it doesn't typically look too pretty for the minority.

LOL.  Don't care.

• Fuck You 5

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is it the explicit language that renders 13A/slavery a different argument than 14A/abortion?

It is.

But it doesn’t answer the question of why, under the jurisprudence of the current United States Supreme Court, the 14th Amendment grants the right to marry a person of a different race or go to school with students of another race, but it doesn’t grant women the right to an abortion.  None of those rights are expressly enumerated, and none of them were “deeply rooted” in American history until beginning in the 1960’s or so. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

It’s not the most important issue in all of this, but it’s crystal clear that Republicans view this as an election loser. This has been the cornerstone of their platform for decades, yet it’s been like pulling teeth to even get a comment out of them in the last 24 hours. And you’ve got goofs like Erick Erickson writing opinion pieces about how nothing is really gonna change. May not make a shit, but they’re spooked.

• Hook 'Em 1

And minority rule?  The majority in each state can decide what to do.  If Texas voters want to offer abortion up to 40 weeks, I'll live with it. The Constitution does not protect abortion, so under the Tenth Amendment, it is reserved for the states. No reason states should even be uniform on this.

• Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

What was actually said?

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

How pervasive would you say the concept of right to bodily autonomy is currently? How about over the past 14 years?

1 hour ago, JBJ said:

Not at all pervasive as it relates to abortion.  That's not what makes Roe bad law though.  It's that it hasn't been pervasive through the 14A, BoR, or prior.  It's literally never been pervasive, and the opposite is closer to true for colonial America.

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

You’re going to have to be a little more specific with how abortion doesn’t relate to bodily autonomy. 

40 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Who said that?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Their blind eye to this fact is a byproduct of their refusal to actually pay attention in classes like "History".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

And minority rule?  The majority in each state can decide what to do.  If Texas voters want to offer abortion up to 40 weeks, I'll live with it. The Constitution does not protect abortion, so under the Tenth Amendment, it is reserved for the states. No reason states should even be uniform on this.

Texas abortion law is nowhere close to being in line with the majority of voters.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It’s not the most important issue in all of this, but it’s crystal clear that Republicans view this as an election loser. This has been the cornerstone of their platform for decades, yet it’s been like pulling teeth to even get a comment out of them in the last 24 hours. And you’ve got goofs like Erick Erickson writing opinion pieces about how nothing is really gonna change. May not make a shit, but they’re spooked.

They don’t dive a fuck. We’re beyond logic, decency, and decorum. Team sport these days. 

These same people have supported an insurrection, banned books about slavery, outlawed abortion before a woman knows she’s pregnant even in cases of rape and incest, banned saying gay to kids, striped voting rights, gerrymandered voting districts so the non whites can’t get all uppity. They’re playing for keeps. Sinema and Manchin will be concerned all the way to the bank 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Texas abortion law is nowhere close to being in line with the majority of voters.

That's where gerrymandering, voter suppression, and fucking up public education come in, which is why they're fully on board with those heinous tactics.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 6

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This. Not to mention 4 of the 5 justices voting to overturn were appointed by a President who was elected by losing the popular vote, and the 5th was appointed by a President who got a whopping 37% of the popular vote in the next election. Definitely, for sure, totally, the will of the people being reflected here. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

That's where gerrymandering, voter suppression, and fucking up public education come in, which is why they're fully on board with those heinous tactics.

Sad but true, and only an overwhelming, unprecedented turnout will be able to neutralize the voting mitigation apparatus the republicans have in place all across the country. 

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

I normally dig your posts and I’ve been drinking, so if you could build on this, because my take on section 9 is context dependent:

Normal humans who read the Federalist Papers and letters of the founders: Slavery will destroy this republic and this is the compromise  we have agreed to get the northern colonies and South Carolina to sign. We’ll let the next generation deal with it.

Originalist reading textually: sLavEry wAs SanCTionEd bY tHe FoUNdeRs!

I've been drinking too so..........

I hope my position was quite obvious in my post...

Slavery WAS sanctioned by some of the states...but not all.

The southern states supported it...partly because of racism and partly because of economics.  Feel free to assign the the percentages to which one was the most important at the time.  I won't.

Hope that helps.

Transition of power is a left or right position?  Trump lost and was a dumbass.  But nothing was ever going to happen.

Lmao. On tapa but bookmarking this one for a rare neg. You’re smart enough to know what a pathetic attempt at gaslighting this is. I don’t know if you’re just saying this in bad faith or if you have just drank the FOX News kool aid, but it’s as laughable as it is detestable.
If I offered to fully fund your go fund me for your fucking wedding would you promise to stay off this website forever?

If you won’t let me help with the wedding, at least let me put some money towards a vasectomy for you

Jesus man, come on.

It was student loan debt that this esteemed libertarian intellectual titan wanted random strangers on the internet to pay off. Don’t sugar coat it with the wedding bit.

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

It was student loan debt that this esteemed libertarian intellectual titan wanted random strangers on the internet to pay off. Don’t sugar coat it with the wedding bit.

In that case Biden’s got him covered 

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

If I offered to fully fund your go fund me for your fucking wedding would you promise to stay off this website forever?

Humblebragging has been in the shitter all day on this site.

3 hours ago, MrBig said:

We could have 48/50 states banning abortion, but the GOP (who also passed HIPAA) knows they can always travel to NY or California to get abortions with the federal protections of medical privacy.

NY, Cali, and other blue states should put in a stipulation that out of state residents seeking an abortion must submit their last 5 year voting history.  If they participated in a GOP primary or are registered GOP they should be subject to the access rules of their home state.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just block johnny silver spoon sac. He has no idea what the real world is like. He is worthless to society. Don't respond, ignore.

He reminds me of my dumbass brother that doesn't realize he earned nothing and his contribution to society is worth less than the dump I took this morning.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Just block johnny silver spoon sac. He has no idea what the real world is like. He is worthless to society. Don't respond, ignore.

He reminds me of my dumbass brother that doesn't realize he earned nothing and his contribution to society is worth less than the dump I took this morning.

That’s not a very nice thing to say.  

25 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

NY, Cali, and other blue states should put in a stipulation that out of state residents seeking an abortion must submit their last 5 year voting history.  If they participated in a GOP primary or are registered GOP they should be subject to the access rules of their home state.

They should do whatever they want.

After reading this thread today I am ready to replace lawyers and judges with AI. Lawyers can better serve society by keeping the parks clean.

Bow before your algorithmic overlords.