The Supremes

tx 3 putt

14 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Bless your heart.  The only one thread shitting is you.  Your opinions on this matter are not wanted nor required.  

I mean if people are going to cry that they're being called baby killers, after calling people theo-fascists. Well.. what comes around goes around in the case.

• Fuck You 4

3 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I mean if people are going to cry that they're being called baby killers, after calling people theo-fascists. Well.. what comes around goes around in the case.

Stop using words you do not understand.  Do you really understand what theofascism or christofascism is?  And last I checked, no one in this thread is crying about being called a baby killer.  They think it is bullshit that the Supreme Court was ok with Westboro Baptist protesting at funerals and at abortion clinics, but clutching their pearls at protests at their homes.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Stop using words you do not understand.  Do you really understand what theofascism or christofascism is?  And last I checked, no one in this thread is crying about being called a baby killer.  They think it is bullshit that the Supreme Court was ok with Westboro Baptist protesting at funerals and at abortion clinics, but clutching their pearls at protests at their homes.  

If I had people outside of my home protesting me, I'd also not like it. I haven't said anything on the matter because in the long run I'm alright with peacefully protesting the justices. 

I never said people have been calling other people "baby killers" in this thread. The rhetoric was used in the sentence complaining how it's being used, and people have been using theofascist in the thread. 

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

If I had people outside of my home protesting me, I'd also not like it. I haven't said anything on the matter because in the long run I'm alright with peacefully protesting the justices. 

I never said people have been calling other people "baby killers" in this thread. The rhetoric was used in the sentence complaining how it's being used, and people have been using theofascist in the thread. 

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

• Fuck You 1

We will have to agree to disagree whether and to what extent one could have been used against the GOP.  I don't think it would have made any difference, based on past experience.  And you don't either.  But keep on fucking that chicken.

I agree. Would not have hurt the Rs. But then only one vote had the chance to put Dems on defensive. Guess which one Chuck brought up.

Having a senate majority leader running the place with the only goal of defending his senate seat from a more liberal challenger (Aoc coming for him) is a clown show
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The latter is where you will lose a lot of reasonable parents that would otherwise be on board. 

Ah yes - the "I'm reasonable and I think this, therefore reasonable people think this" approach. Just because you (or even necessarily the majority of people) think something does not make it reasonable.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Ah yes - the "I'm reasonable and I think this, therefore reasonable people think this" approach. Just because you (or even necessarily the majority of people) think something does not make it reasonable.

You are right I have no frame of reference other than a teenage daughter and maybe some sense of pulse of all the parents we interact with across a spectrum of political beliefs and inclinations.  Probably a much more realistic picture to be gleaned on this sub. 

2 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

I agree. Would not have hurt the Rs. But then only one vote had the chance to put Dems on defensive. Guess which one Chuck brought up.

Having a senate majority leader running the place with the only goal of defending his senate seat from a more liberal challenger (Aoc coming for him) is a clown show

Please explain this wild and crazy post of yours.  There are somethings you appear not to understand.  Perchance you've been watching a lot of TV lately?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Uh oh, an insurance goblin is noting that a nurse took a pulse! Watch out for surprise $10000 hospital bills everyone!

Still huffing paint I see.   I have no doubt that the nurses here can educate you on hospital billing practices if they are so inclined. 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

You and P have your finger on the pulse of parenting situation. 

Just becuase you are a parent of a teenage girl does not actually make you an expert on what might be going through her mind, or the status of the relationship of all teenage girls with their parents.  I would say Trauma and I are actually more qualified to talk to the situation given that we were actually teenage girls, which makes us uniquely qualified to offer that perspective. Unless you have something to share, I do not think you have ever been a teenage girl.  

And honestly, no matter how good a relationship the girl has with her parents, there are just some things that it is always going to be awkward to discuss.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

I don't think that anyone is trying to break down teenage sexuality here. If y'all think that carving out parental involvement is a hill worth fighting upon at this stage, I think that you should go for it.   Just don't be surprised with the pushback.  Social media echo chambers do not reflect real life. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don't think that anyone is trying to break down teenage sexuality here. If y'all think that carving out parental involvement is a hill worth fighting upon at this stage, I think that you should go for it.   Just don't be surprised with the pushback.  Social media echo chambers do not reflect real life. 

All I can think is how Virginia went down.

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Those 16 year olds...does getting fucked by their boyfriends require parental consent?  

No, not in Spain. Their concept of self ownership differs than what we have in America which trends more patriarchal. Which is odd because it is Spain but keep in mind that they spent most of the 20th century under a Catholic dictatorship. Their sexual revolution ran through the 80's/90's after discovering democracy in the 1970's. *Teenage F250 traversed Spain during the tail end of their sexual revolution and it was awesome.

Anyways, drinking age is 16 and their middle school age kids smoke/vape out in public. They are nothing like Americans so it's not worth comparing.

• Like 1

Again, Ana, my brother in Christ, literally no one in this thread has said that this should be pushed as a campaign issue in America. 

Thrilled for my ladies, theydies, and sexually active trans masculine teens in Spain tho. 

Edited by trauma babe
Phrasing
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

You're really on it.  You've got your finger on the pulse of the issue.  Never mind Roe is about to be overturned and states are already passing outright bans with no exception for rape or incest.  Some are even considering bans on IUDs.  Democrats should know that this relentless focus on parental notification won't play with Anastasis and workswithseed come November and we risk losing their votes.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Parental involvement is a sanguine spin on parental control. If you have a good relationship with your teenager, they will involve you, if you don’t, they won’t. Parents wanting the government to mandate notification of their teenagers choices want control, not involvement. 

It's always about control. Parental notification, spousal notification, rapist notification; it's just a means to force women to ask for permission from a man.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Anastasis said:

You are right I have no frame of reference other than a teenage daughter and maybe some sense of pulse of all the parents we interact with across a spectrum of political beliefs and inclinations.  Probably a much more realistic picture to be gleaned on this sub. 

Pics?

I kid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I would say Trauma and I are actually more qualified to talk to the situation given that we were actually teenage girls, which makes us uniquely qualified to offer that perspective.

More qualified to talk about being a teenage girl, yes. And he’s equally as qualified to talk about parenting one, which I assume neither of you have. 

• Hook 'Em 1

For those of you that are dads of young women - a question:

If this plays out in Texas like it is in Louisiana, how are you going to support your daughter through any miscarriage hearings she may unfortunately have? Will you go to her trial? Will you help with any costs?

This is where we are heading. Miscarriages happen way more often than what’s discussed. They are being outlawed and any miscarriage will be reviewed.

This is why I can’t understand how anyone is a republicans or is even willing to just sit it out. These assholes are wanting to put women through hell for something that happens all the time. Medically, you can’t tell the difference between miscarriage in purpose or one that just happened.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, F250 said:

No, not in Spain. Their concept of self ownership differs than what we have in America which trends more patriarchal. Which is odd because it is Spain but keep in mind that they spent most of the 20th century under a Catholic dictatorship. Their sexual revolution ran through the 80's/90's after discovering democracy in the 1970's. *Teenage F250 traversed Spain during the tail end of their sexual revolution and it was awesome.

Anyways, drinking age is 16 and their middle school age kids smoke/vape out in public. They are nothing like Americans so it's not worth comparing.

Also hilarious that we're sitting here arguing about Spanish politics. Like we know what's best for them and their culture. This isn't the Talibam destroying all rights for women. It's Spain saying adulthood is 16 instead of 18 on an issue.

Edited by SimonBolivar

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

More qualified to talk about being a teenage girl, yes. And he’s equally as qualified to talk about parenting one, which I assume neither of you have. 

Nope. I leave parenting to all my friends who wanted to have kids.  Kids were never something I was interested in for myself.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

For those of you that are dads of young women - a question:

If this plays out in Texas like it is in Louisiana, how are you going to support your daughter through any miscarriage hearings she may unfortunately have? Will you go to her trial? Will you help with any costs?

This is where we are heading. Miscarriages happen way more often than what’s discussed. They are being outlawed and any miscarriage will be reviewed.

This is why I can’t understand how anyone is a republicans or is even willing to just sit it out. These assholes are wanting to put women through hell for something that happens all the time. Medically, you can’t tell the difference between miscarriage in purpose or one that just happened.

My daughter is gay (no pics, bugger off), so the odds of her getting knocked up are slimmer than her heterosexual contemporaries.  But these recent developments and what's on the horizon further ensure that when she leaves Texas for college, she ain't ever moving back.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Please explain this wild and crazy post of yours.  There are somethings you appear not to understand.  Perchance you've been watching a lot of TV lately?

Think I read that theory here.  Made sense so it's a fact now, I don't make the rules.

16 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Miscarriages happen way more often than what’s discussed.

I think most people have no idea how many pregnancies never come to term. It’s something people are reluctant to talk about. Religious conservatives want to declare that a microscopic speck of goo is a person when a significant percentage of them will never survive to childbirth. It’s a fact that if you don’t abort your fetus after six weeks then some of them will die anyway. I get it, Talibaptists, you think that’s okay because it’s “God’s will.” Grow up and get out of the Dark Ages. Please.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Especially from the bitter childless single women on this thread.  They have mainstream views and really have their finger on the pulse of what parents think.

• Fuck You 12