Ski Season 2019/2020

texasdago

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, ousuxndallas said:

2020 skis are on clearance across the board.  Snagged some Volkl Mantra 102s for $500 and change.  Last set of Mantras (2014) gave me 6 seasons and about 30 days.  Cost per day was around $20.  Totally worth it to buy your own vs. renting. Payback is about 3 seasons.

Thanks, I'm thinking about going a little shorter on my skis 184 Soul Ski's right now, but 175's would work me a bit less probably, and I've dropped about 10 lbs.

15 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Thanks, I'm thinking about going a little shorter on my skis 184 Soul Ski's right now, but 175's would work me a bit less probably, and I've dropped about 10 lbs.

I'm on 184s as well.  I think about dropping down, especially when skiing with the kiddos, but I like to go too fast when I'm solo and like the stability of the longer ski. 

4 minutes ago, ousuxndallas said:

I'm on 184s as well.  I think about dropping down, especially when skiing with the kiddos, but I like to go too fast when I'm solo and like the stability of the longer ski. 

I like the bumps, and the longer skis work you more there.  Those longer skis do let you run....

On 8/7/2020 at 2:31 PM, ousuxndallas said:

2020 skis are on clearance across the board.  Snagged some Volkl Mantra 102s for $500 and change.  Last set of Mantras (2014) gave me 6 seasons and about 30 days.  Cost per day was around $20.  Totally worth it to buy your own vs. renting. Payback is about 3 seasons.

still got a brand new snow board/bindings i bought last year sitting in the closet.  hopefully will get to ride next snowfall