texasdago

Ski Season 2019/2020

27 minutes ago, Larry Sellers said:

Bought Ikon passes for the whole family. We are doing a quick trip to steamboat right around New Years which I am hoping it won’t be as crowded as the Summit county resorts. We will also do another trip for spring break. Right now thinking of aspen, winter park, Utah or trying big sky. We are mainly beginners/intermediates. Like my trails like my women, groomed. We will be driving. What does Surly say?

Winter park IMO.  Good intermediate skiing . Aspen is great but bigger terrain, don't know about big sky, but suspect bigger terrain.

1 hour ago, Larry Sellers said:

Bought Ikon passes for the whole family. We are doing a quick trip to steamboat right around New Years which I am hoping it won’t be as crowded as the Summit county resorts. We will also do another trip for spring break. Right now thinking of aspen, winter park, Utah or trying big sky. We are mainly beginners/intermediates. Like my trails like my women, groomed. We will be driving. What does Surly say?

The week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest time of year anywhere you're going to go.  Winter Park is a shitshow that week.  So is Summit, Vail, and everywhere else in CO.  Don't know about Utah but I would imagine the same there.  Bring the big wallet if you go to Aspen.

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Winter park IMO.  Good intermediate skiing . Aspen is great but bigger terrain, don't know about big sky, but suspect bigger terrain.

And sky.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:41 PM, Chewbacca said:
On 10/20/2019 at 4:58 PM, Axle Hongsnort said:
23 days last season brah. Never in Canada.

I have a house 10 min from Winter Park and i only skied 15 days last year. Some of you fuckers are hardcore.

I got 18 days out of motherfuckingphoenix.  

What's your address?

5 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

I got 18 days out of motherfuckingphoenix.  

What's your address?

It does have one of those!  Just start knocking on doors in the area.  You'll find me eventually.

I’ve not been to any Colorado resorts, but have been to big sky. 

we got a great deal to go a couple of years ago in April. Like $150 a night for a room and 2 lift ticket good. Kids learned to ski at their ski school, which was really good. The resort is enormous and there were zero lift lines, which the staff told us is normal for non holiday weeks. You pretty much ski into your next lift seat. So it would be good for your spring break trip. 
I think you’d love it, but that’s a long drive in what could be a thousand miles of inclement weather.  

Edited by Pato del Muerto

4 hours ago, Larry Sellers said:

aspen.

no lines and there's 2 mountains that are your speed. pretty much all of buttermilk (the greatest hill on earth for parents with small children) and half of snowmass are beginner/intermediate.

Oh, I’m 7 hours north of Denver and 4 hours from big sky. So add about 10-11 hours to your drive to aspen or wp to get up there. 
doesn’t seem like it’s worth the 20 hours rt 

I’ve not been to any Colorado resorts, but have been to big sky. 

we got a great deal to go a couple of years ago in April. Like $150 a night for a room and 2 lift ticket good. Kids learned to ski at their ski school, which was really good. The resort is enormous and there were zero lift lines, which the staff told us is normal for non holiday weeks. You pretty much ski into your next lift seat. So it would be good for your spring break trip. 
I think you’d love it, but that’s a long drive in what could be a thousand miles of inclement weather.  

I heard that about big sky and that was really intriguing especially after waiting in a 30 minute lift line at Breckenridge.

aspen.
no lines and there's 2 mountains that are your speed. pretty much all of buttermilk (the greatest hill on earth for parents with small children) and half of snowmass are beginner/intermediate.

We got an amazing deal last year at aspen right before Christmas. We had a three bedroom condo for four nights and four day lift tickets for 8 people for $2100. It was by far the cheapest place I found despite their reputation. The kids loved Buttermilk and everyone was really great there. We parked on the front row every morning. The shuttle was awesome as I went to Snowmass and my brother went to highlands.

You only get 7 days at aspen with the Ikon pass and I’ll use four at a meeting I have there in February.

If it works out it would be my favorite but I’ll have to see. I thought going to summit county and skiing both copper mountain and a-basin might be good. I’ve never done a-basin, but heard it might not be great for the kids.

39 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

aspen.

Sounds like something someone from Carbondale would suggest...