Moonbat Williamson Thread

Prepuce of Doom

Orb Mom is clear #3 best candidate.

A black Houstonian's perspective on Orb Mom's call for whites to issue a prayer of apology to blacks.

With nearly 200 black people in the audience on their feet, Williamson apologized for slavery, lynching, murders, rapes of black women, destruction of the black family, mass incarceration of black men, being called the N-word and systemic and institutionalized racism and more.

As she continued for what seemed like forever, I felt a rage boiling inside of me that was followed by a Viola Davis ugly cry. (Fans of Davis in ABC's "How to Get Away with Murder" know what I'm talking about.)

I never thought I needed an apology from white people, but it felt like I was crying for my grandmother, my great-grandmother and all my people who endured and died because of hate in this country.

I cried for all of the times I've felt marginalized, discriminated against and invisible because of the color of my skin, even in my own industry.

I cried for all of the times I've watched black children, especially girls, had their esteem beaten down to nothing because they didn't fit the standard of white beauty.

I cried because I didn't know how deep the hurt was.

I could not stop crying.

I opened my eyes to see everyone around me — white, black, Asian like my friend, Sydney Dao, who is Vietnamese — crying, too. I nearly collapsed to floor from the emotional weight I was feeling.

But the harder I cried, the tighter the white woman and girl held on to me.

ORB MOM! ORB MOM! ORB MOM! ORB MOM!

That Rubin interview is actually pretty good.  My favorite part is when Dave tries to scold Marianne for suggesting that American slavery is comparable in its evil to the holocaust and Marianne does not have any of it.  

• 4 weeks later...