I'm retarded: going to Disney in 2 weeks.

markstanco

Uggh.

Been to Dland 2. I love southern cal weather.

The wife is planning on WDW next Feb. so hopefully weather and humidity arent too bad

Looking at suite at Animal Kingdom.

Is that okay to get into the pakrs. looks like its not on the monorail and you  get to the park via boat?

Not sure if that is a pain in the ass.

4 adults, a 2 yo, 5 yo and 10 yo kid.

At Dland we stay at the Grand Californian so like the quick park access.

Is the Animal Kingdom resort good or can yall suggest a closer Dworld hotel with easy access?

FUCK

• Haha 1

Uggh.

The wife is planning on WDW next Feb. so hopefully weather and humidity arent too bad
Is that okay to get into the pakrs. looks like its not on the monorail and you  get to the park via boat?
Is the Animal Kingdom resort good or can yall suggest a closer Dworld hotel with easy access?

FUCK

We like Port Orleans French Quarter. It’s close to all the parks and the resort only has one bus stop. You can catch a boat to Disney Springs.

On 7/7/2019 at 9:56 AM, CoTex said:

If you decide to go to NASA, there’s an Alamo car rental at the Magic Kingdom.  Sorta.  It’s really at the gas station across the street but it works.  About 1.5 hours to the east coast and a fun relaxing day trip.

Also, if you’ve selected a hotel - speak up - we might have some pro-tips.  Unless of course your hotel is the super 8 in east Orlando.  Then these people will just call you a poor.

The wilderness lodge. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 10:59 PM, Baboontyme said:

It's all about planning. And in advance. Either you have to take this on, or you need to make someone in your party take it on, or you need to pay someone external to take it on. In advance. Or you will be miserable, especially in the summer. 

This. Getting your money out of a WDW trip requires a lot of advanced planning if your wife hasn’t done it, or hired it out, get on it immediately. 

Get to the parks before opening. They open 15-20 minutes before published opening time. If you do so you’ll ride more by 11am than those arriving at 11am will do all day. Leave after lunch and chill at the hotel and pool during the heat of the day  

Download the My Disney Experience app. 

Get on easywdw.com and follow Josh’s touring advice. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

34 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Get to the parks before opening. They open 15-20 minutes before published opening time. If you do so you’ll ride more by 11am than those arriving at 11am will do all day. Leave after lunch and chill at the hotel and pool during the heat of the day   

Left out return to the park in the evening for nighttime entertainment. 

Take rain gear for those afternoon storms. Nothing greater than an hour long storm emptying the park while you’re comfortably cruising around in rain gear that breathes while everyone else is dying in a vinyl poncho that they just bought for $15/person.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

11 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Le Cellier hasn’t been the best Epcot restaurant in years. Steak quality was cut long ago. 

My wife and daughter, who ate there last year after not going for a few years, would disagree.  But as Dalt said, “Opinions vary”

17 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Have a magical time

It sure did take Mouse PD a while to get there.

Reason # 2 I like to avoid any amusement parks now a days caught on You Tube right here.   One could be in the process of being killed and humanity just watches like it's part of the  attraction.   

3 hours ago, AustinMT said:

My wife and daughter, who ate there last year after not going for a few years, would disagree.  But as Dalt said, “Opinions vary”

Give me Monsieur Paul please.

For other parks, TIffins/Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom is vying for best food in a park. Skippers Canteen is the best food in MK. HS is behind with Brown Derby as its best offering.

Actually the table service restaurants in the parks have started to improve after decades of being neglected or cut.  Most give credit to how much better the outside vendors in Disney Springs are than most Disney run restaurants on property and Disney took notice of losing business.  

Liberty Inn is being converted to a smokehouse venue with craft beer.

On 7/8/2019 at 11:06 AM, williemackgarza said:

U

FUCK

Animal Kingdom Lodge is all bus service to the parks. It is the closest resort to Animal Kingdom but the furthest from MK and among the furthest from Hollywood Studios and Epcot. 

Look into the soon to be opened Riviera Resort at Caribbean Beach as it will have gondola service to both Hollywood Studios and Epcot.

21 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Give me Monsieur Paul please.

For other parks, TIffins/Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom is vying for best food in a park. Skippers Canteen is the best food in MK. HS is behind with Brown Derby as its best offering.

Actually the table service restaurants in the parks have started to improve after decades of being neglected or cut.  Most give credit to how much better the outside vendors in Disney Springs are than most Disney run restaurants on property and Disney took notice of losing business.  

Liberty Inn is being converted to a smokehouse venue with craft beer.

Huge fan of Monsieur Paul. It gives you a nice break from the atmosphere of WDW, imo. TouringPlans has a reservation finder where a bot searches every hour for whatever reservation you are trying to get. It works great for places like Ohana that are booked well in advance.

6 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Huge fan of Monsieur Paul. It gives you a nice break from the atmosphere of WDW, imo. TouringPlans has a reservation finder where a bot searches every hour for whatever reservation you are trying to get. It works great for places like Ohana that are booked well in advance.

Now that Disney charges $10/person for no shows it is much easier to find reservations. Just refresh the MDE app.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 10:42 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

God Speed.

Avatar ride is bitchin'.  Toy Story Land is well done, not much in terms of rides...but the decor, the signage, well, everything just calls out to what I played with growing up.  

Eating recommendations.  Breakfast at Tusker House in Animal park is worth your time.

Cape May Cafe for dinner seafood buffet is quite good.  O'Hana at the Polynesian is good for breakfast or dinner.

After spending 7 days at WDW in early June.....wife told me she wanted to go back next year, so.....yeah.  She's already booked the trip.

Both of the Star Wars rides will be fully operational, so I'm looking forward to that.  I'm not looking forward to the morass of humanity that Hollywood Studios will be.

On top of grumpy assholes and snotty children,  now you have to worry about Rabies.

Rabies alert issued for Disney World's Epcot area after infected cat scratches employees

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2019/07/11/rabies-alert-issued-at-walt-disney-world-resort/1704265001/

Edited by Nueces River Rat

• 2 weeks later...

Those that have went, did you carry a small backpack? I have a small camelbak BP that I can take the water holder out and use when i ski. I will not be fanny packing.

Tropical disturbance south of florida so we may see rain so i think i will pack some ponchos as long as no regulations against them. It looks like from their website it's fine.

11 hours ago, markstanco said:

Those that have went, did you carry a small backpack? I have a small camelbak BP that I can take the water holder out and use when i ski. I will not be fanny packing.

Tropical disturbance south of florida so we may see rain so i think i will pack some ponchos as long as no regulations against them. It looks like from their website it's fine.

yup, took one of those one strap sling backpacks.  much more secure and smaller than normal b'pack.

15 hours ago, markstanco said:

Nope, Sunny and beautiful here in S. Florida.   If anything, it might make weather in D. World nicer.   Storm is off the coast and very weak.

• Like 1

Is this the meta-Disney thread?

I'm going to be in Orlando in August at a conference, staying at the Disney Carribbean Resort and thinking of bringing family along and taking off a few days extra and maybe doing something Disney-ish.

Questions:

1) I assume a Disney resort like this one (6 pools, waterslides, shopping, etc.) is enough to keep the family busy for a day or two while I am working?

2) Is Epcot or something like that a better alternative than actual Disney Disney? My kids are older and probably not into the whole thing. For example, they'd prefer Universal Studios to Disneyland in Anaheim.

Yes. 

And probably not Epcot, I'd look into the Universal Orlando parks, I think Islands of Adventure or some shit has a ton of coasters. WDW Orlando is 4 main parks - Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. None are coaster heavy, but each have a couple of thrill rides. 

1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

Yes. 

And probably not Epcot, I'd look into the Universal Orlando parks, I think Islands of Adventure or some shit has a ton of coasters. WDW Orlando is 4 main parks - Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. None are coaster heavy, but each have a couple of thrill rides. 

Thanks for this will look into it.

As far as the 4 main parks, which one is more older kid friendly, if not Epcot? Kids who are pre-teen and teen and not into Disney princesses and things like that?

I don't know man. Epcot is weird. I don't think your older kids want to traverse the countries and learn about shit. Magic Kingdom has more than princesses. There are fun and classic rides there, too. Space Mountain, Big Thunder, etc for thrill rides. Haunted Mansion and Pirates and Jungle Cruise, etc are still fun. I enjoyed it in High School and college. 

HS has the Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror which are both pretty extreme thrill rides. Other stuff - not so much. 

AK has Everest which imo is up there with some of the top coasters at a place like Cedar Point. But that's it. Oh I guess also the Avatar ride Flight of Passage is pretty sweet if they can get a FP+ for it. Get em a park hopper so they can hit all of those. 

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:06 AM, williemackgarza said:

Uggh.

FUCK

My only issue with staying at AK is that it is so far from everything else.  You are a 30 minute bus ride to everything else.  

If you are trying to max out your time there and get the most bang for your money, staying at the one of the hotels on the Monorail is key.  You can walk to the front gates of MK faster then the monorail gets there from the Contemporary.  The Grand Floridain is a very nice hotel that is a little more subdue and quiet compared to any other resort.  Can't comment on the Polynesian, I have not stayed there and absolutely would prefer one of the other two monorail hotels. Bottom line, staying at one of these hotels has a huge built in advantage in my opinion.  My personal preference is the Grand Floridian, it's expensive but you definitely get what you pay for.  Plus, you can watch the fireworks from the dock with a cocktail at the end of the night.  They even pipe in the music from MK so you get the entire experience without the crowd.

February should be a good time to go.  Weather should be awesome.  Watch out for ride closures, they typically do repairs jan-feb because those are the two slower months.  You should be able to find a list on line of what will be shut down.  Also, I think one of the Disney Marathons is around that time which would add to the crowds more then normal for that time frame  

Edited by PorscheGuy

My wife is dragging me to Disneyland/world/whatever in California next week. Her family was poor growing up so this is her first time to ever visit a park like this. I'll make sure not to bring any CBD oil so I don't get thrown into jail like that old lady in Florida did.

Just got off Smugglers Run at Galaxys Edge. Can confirm it does not suck. If you ride as the pilot you better be good with spatial disorientation.

If you see a ugly dude who out wayyy kicked his coverage, that’s Stanco. Kick him in the ass.