2019 Wimbledon Championships

spystud13

I’m actually surprised that Nadal (-130) is a favorite in Vegas over Fed (+110).  Imo, Rafa has played better during the tournament, but this is possibly Fed’s best chance to win another slam.  I am cautiously optimistic about Rafa’s chances, but don’t see any way that this isn’t a close match.

2 hours ago, IPoopOnWhoop said:

I’m actually surprised that Nadal (-130) is a favorite in Vegas over Fed (+110).  Imo, Rafa has played better during the tournament, but this is possibly Fed’s best chance to win another slam.  I am cautiously optimistic about Rafa’s chances, but don’t see any way that this isn’t a close match. 

The courts at Wimbledon are too slow now. People are calling it 'green clay' pejoratively, the surface is dry and the bounce is really high this year. Suits Nadal a lot.

Edited by satyanash

Not a ground breaking opinion, but the challenge system in tennis is ridiculous.

I don't like it in any sport, but in tennis especially where you can look at replay within 10 seconds and tell if it's clearly in or out.  Just look at it, make the call and move on.  To have challenges or limit the looks is asinine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I remember how unreal I thought it was when Sampras won his 14th major and then the next season Federer won his first.

These three guys, Federer, Nadal and Djokovic, are incredible. Just think if one of them were not around what the numbers for the other two would be.

Somebody would have 30 majors