2018 Masters

markstanco

hell of a day for spieth, just a little short today. his 2nd and 3rd rounds bogged him down

reed stepped up, great win with so top 10 players just buzzing around him. ill look forward to him and spieth pairing up again in the ryder cup.

for the fellow equipment nerds, reed had one hell of a hodge podge of clubs in his bag....

DRIVER: Ping G400 LST (10 degrees), with Aldila Rogue Silver 70X shaft

FAIRWAY WOOD: Nike VR Pro Limited (15 degrees), with Aldila Rogue Silver 80X shaft

IRONS: Titleist 718 T-MB (2), Callaway X Forged (4), Callaway MB1 (5-PW), with True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 shafts

WEDGES: Artisan (51, 56 degrees), Titleist Vokey Design SM5 (61 degrees), with True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 shafts

PUTTER: Odyssey White Hot Pro #3

BALL: Titleist Pro V1x

has anyone gotten their hands on artisan wedges ? (the old nike guys from the FW shop)

Edited by tx 3 putt

16 minutes ago, trueut2003 said:

Pretty crazy that Spieth has now gone 2, 1, 2, 11, 3 at Augusta.

I like his current game at this golf course. 

he needs to find his old putting stroke when he was just damn deadly on the greens 

Edited by tx 3 putt

Saw this on the-mainboard about Reed.

I don’t exactly remember the stories I’d heard about him but it was basically to the effect of his dad was a complete piece of shit and was notorious for being an asshole to everyone (especially his son) during ajga events. Likely making him cheat and raising him to be a little asshole himself. Was always holding up play by calling rules officials out to contest something an opponent was doing or whatever. There’s all sorts of little mind games you can play with your opponent in those deals if you’re willing to be a complete dickbag. It’s very easy to cheat and very easy to accuse someone of cheating, and some of the parents are the absolute worst. I think Reed met his wife and she made him see that his parents were basically the parents from joe dirt. But I’m sure it’s hard to unlearn all the dickbag stuff his dad instilled in him.

Apparently, a majority of golf fans only pull for the flat bellied boys, with zero controversies  in their past.

Give me a break.

I’m not necessarily a Patrick Reed fan, per se, but I damn sure am during Ryder Cup.  Funny how most of the wrongdoings he’s accused or are not substantiated by facts.

And God only knows why Bubba Watson is so disliked.

I love golf, but most tour players are pussies, and most fans just wanna mimic the pros.

Apparently, a majority of golf fans only pull for the flat bellied boys, with zero controversies  in their past.
Give me a break.
I’m not necessarily a Patrick Reed fan, per se, but I damn sure am during Ryder Cup.  Funny how most of the wrongdoings he’s accused or are not substantiated by facts.
I love golf, but most tour players are pussies, and most fans just wanna mimic the pros.

His "wrongdoings" are all substantiated by facts. That's why everyone hates him.

22 minutes ago, former alkie said:

Give me a break.

YouTube videos of Reed and Watson’s antics. Has nothing to do with flat bellies. Great take there tough guy. 

31 minutes ago, former alkie said:

Give me a break.

Nice try, Patrick. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, former alkie said:

Give me a break.

Sorry, Patrick but you’re a dumb fuck

11 hours ago, former alkie said:

Give me a break.

right, because nobody likes Phil.

Give me a break.

Go home former alkie, you’re drunk

6 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

right, because nobody likes Phil.

Not many on the tour are fans of FIGJAM.

I get the Reed hate to a point but holy shit the amount of bitching about the guy on here is comical. Yes it would have been great had Jordan or Ricky won over Reed but there are plenty of assholes on tour some much worse than Reed. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

I get the Reed hate to a point but holy shit the amount of bitching about the guy on here is comical. Yes it would have been great had Jordan or Ricky won over Reed but there are plenty of assholes on tour some much worse than Reed. 

#prayfortedscott

Yep - some seem to only like Reed if he's kicking butt in the Ryder Cup...  I hate to admit that I like the guy because he got to the tour the absolute hard way. He won something like 5 or 6 Monday qualifiers just to be allowed to tee it up and then won a tournament to get status. Irregardless of his college mess I can't think of another well known pro that started with Monday qualifiers and went from there.

34 minutes ago, ImGolfn said:

As someone whose wife doesn't talk to her family for reasons the family can't seem to get their head around, I side with Patrick on this one, as douchetastic as he is otherwise.  Something clearly happened in an instant or over many years, and he just wants to be rid of them (temproarily or permanently, rightly or wrongly, it doesn't matter).  But they are excoriating him in the press as if he owes them.  The fact they are the ones chirping shows me that they aren't happy they lost control of that relationship and he needed to hit eject. It's telling he won't talk about it and they are all over twitter.

But when you combine it with the stories surrounding his college days, hard to imagine it's not at least partly his fault.

Yeah there is some combo of his parents were (are) shitty, his wife is shitty, and he is shitty. Not sure we’ll ever know the truth.

Whatever it is, I can’t imagine cutting your parents out of your life once you’ve had kids. It gives you such perspective. Very sad.

9 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Yeah there is some combo of his parents were (are) shitty, his wife is shitty, and he is shitty. Not sure we’ll ever know the truth.

Whatever it is, I can’t imagine cutting your parents out of your life once you’ve had kids. It gives you such perspective. Very sad.

This is going to sound really shitty but I had the same view of the world too until I ran across some of the families that I have seen through my job. There are a ton of grown adults that act like 5 year olds and have no business being parents. When their kids make a little coin they turn into the child and always have their hand out. Fame and money are 55 gallon drums of gasoline. 

Hell Aaron Rodgers seems like the most down to earth and nice guy yet he doesn't have a relationship with his family. Shit happens and in most cases we will never know the truth of what really went down.

i get the family thing more than the rest of it.  my wife doesn't talk to most of her family because they're awful.  that doesn't explain his departure from UGA or his teammates at ASU voting to kick him off the team or why he plays practice rounds by himself or why he isn't popular with his peers or why fans hate him or why members of ANGC were apparently rooting against him coming down the stretch.  he's a prick.

17 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

That seems to be an accurate statement regarding the established guys on tour when Phil was the cocky young guy coming up. 

I think the current tour guys really like Phil quite a bit. I think that is partly because a lot of the young guys grew up as fans of his and partly because Phil has grown up and isn't the same guy he was 20 years ago.

I have no doubt that the Ryder and Presidents Cup guys are huge fans.