Pizza Hut - Pan Recipe Change (40 years in the making)

MrBig

Why the fuck they would do this, I don't know, but yes, I've noticed.

The end result is that if you want a good pan pizza from a cheap and fast source, you have to get the deep dish from Little Caesar's. The only other one that comes close is Domino's, but you have to get a helluva lot of extra cheese to make it work.

I haven’t eaten at PH since I was a kid and they had the reading program where you could earn personal pan pizzas for reading books. 

“Nan can run.  Nan can run fast.”  

I wonder if they still do that. (Early 80’s).  

• Like 1

I haven’t eaten at PH since I was a kid and they had the reading program where you could earn personal pan pizzas for reading books. 

“Book It” FTMFW. Still have one of the buttons saved with the star stickers on it.

• Like 3

Pizza Hut’s $20 box meal is a great deal, but none of the major chains are all that great. If you live in an area with QuikTrip, might as well go there as any of the chains. Just like with burgers, going to a local chain or a hole-in-the-wall is almost always better. 

51 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I haven't ordered from them in quite a while but I actually liked their pan pizza.

I ordered from them regularly, because they were the only place that delivered in Wimberley, and yeah, I thought it was pretty good, too.  

In the last year PH has died to me.  It used to be (old here, mebbe even AB old) I could always count on PH being a stalwart to 'holding on' to the old ways.

Not anyfuckingmore.  Get yer piehole ready fer gov'ment cheese ye bitches!

55 minutes ago, Apep said:

Pizza Hut’s $20 box meal is a great deal, but none of the major chains are all that great. If you live in an area with QuikTrip, might as well go there as any of the chains. Just like with burgers, going to a local chain or a hole-in-the-wall is almost always better. 

My local Love's gas station has Godfather's pizza in it. I hear people saying it's just as good as it used to be in the 80s but I don't want to buy pizza from a convenience store. I just go to my local mom & pop pizza place.

6 minutes ago, Sandman said:

My local Love's gas station has Godfather's pizza in it. I hear people saying it's just as good as it used to be in the 80s but I don't want to buy pizza from a convenience store. I just go to my local mom & pop pizza place.

This.  What the fuck y'all?  I understand if you live in some podunk town and the only option is Pizza Hut.  And I am not even talking it needs to be some high society flavor of the week spot.  But I have 2 places close enough to deliver and 2 more that I am just outside their delivery area that are absolutely awesome pizza.  It just would never cross my mind to order Pizza Butt.

19 minutes ago, Sandman said:

They lie.  A gas station/convenience store nearby had a Godfather's, was excited for it but it was shit.  It finally closed a few years ago. 

13 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

This.  What the fuck y'all?  I understand if you live in some podunk town and the only option is Pizza Hut.  And I am not even talking it needs to be some high society flavor of the week spot.  But I have 2 places close enough to deliver and 2 more that I am just outside their delivery area that are absolutely awesome pizza.  It just would never cross my mind to order Pizza Butt.

Calm down, Patty.  We hit up several local pie shops but sometimes The Hut just scratches that itch.  

8 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

dude, back in '78 they didn't even have adult gen Xer's never-mind millennial hipsters.  Pizza Hut WAS the pizza place unless you went to a mom and pop mama Geseppi's type place with checkered table clothes and cheap ass wicker Chianti bottles on the table.  Believe it or not The Pizza Hut Supreme was usually better, at least in my old home town(not podunk small) that didn't have a large or diverse population.

Anybody remember pizza kits in a box from Chef Boyardee?   We used to pack those when we went to the islands for the summer...  after a month in Jamacia in the 70's you'd knife a fool for a halfway decent pizza.

• Like 2

Calm down, Patty.  We hit up several local pie shops but sometimes The Hut just scratches that itch.  

You might want to let a doctor check that out.

dude, back in '78 they didn't even have adult gen Xer's never-mind millennial hipsters.  Pizza Hut WAS the pizza place unless you went to a mom and pop mama Geseppi's type place with checkered table clothes and cheap ass wicker Chianti bottles on the table.  Believe it or not The Pizza Hut Supreme was usually better, at least in my old home town(not podunk small) that didn't have a large or diverse population.
Anybody remember pizza kits in a box from Chef Boyardee?   We used to pack those when we went to the islands for the summer...  after a month in Jamacia in the 70's you'd knife a fool for a halfway decent pizza.

I’m 43 and grew up in suburban Houston. I’ve had my fill of Little Caesars, Pizza Hut, godfathers, and sbarro.

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I’m 43 and grew up in suburban Houston. I’ve had my fill of Little Caesars, Pizza Hut, godfathers, and sbarro.

Oh, I don't eat that shit now, basically ever.  That's why I linked a recipe to make your own kickass pan pizza at home.

That said, If I could get my hands on a pan, wholewheat, pepperoni, xtra cheese Rocky Rocco's pizza I would. 

We just moved to San Antonio and I was surprised to see that the huts here are still the old sit down style. Haven’t been in one yet but feeling the need to for nostalgia.

Mexia Texas only had Pizza Hut for most of my childhood. After moving to Austin for school, it was some time before I ate PH again. Back then, I’d pick gumbys over PH.

Wait, wait, wait...y'all motherfuckers voluntarily eat pizza from Pizza Hut?  What in the fuck? 
Literally, you people are why America sucks and great local places get shut down. Places like Starbucks and Subway flourish while legit restaurants fail.

Eat at a goddamn local joint. I bet a delivery service will even bring it to your door. I just can't understand ordering FF. What in the fucking fuck.

17 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

Literally, you people are why America sucks and great local places get shut down. Places like Starbucks and Subway flourish while legit restaurants fail.

Eat at a goddamn local joint. I bet a delivery service will even bring it to your door. I just can't understand ordering FF. What in the fucking fuck.

You can't comprehend that people live outside of the city? Where do you think your food comes from?

Edited by NotActuallyALonghorn

2 hours ago, SDG said:

they still have a form of it. 

I have a Pizza Hut and Domino's in my town.  Domino's never gets anything right so order from Pizza Hut when I need a quick pizza.  No local places to choose from.  If I want good pizza I go to the town 20 minutes away and eat local there.

Once in awhile, you smell a Pizza Hut and you get that nostalgia vibe from when they had those little personal pan pizzas at primary school.  

That adults still eat that crap with all the wonderful alternatives here in Austin is beyond me.  Same people that'll miss Subway when it's gone.  Fucking children.  

3 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

fa03e26c200c3548054e292cb5ad8fbf.jpeg

That’s the one.  Love it or hate it, they encouraged me to read.  For that I’m thankful because I can now halfway understand the Facebook thread in Lutz.