Riddle me this

HoustonHorn

4 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

Who the fuck builds an indoor swimming natatorium that you can't swim in if it's lightning outside?

The fuck?

I didn't know who designed/built the Emmons Natatorium in Spring Branch, but I'm willing to put $100 on aggy.

You can't swim at the RDV in Orlando if there's lightning outside.  And BTW, Florida is the lighting capital of the world. 

Ever taken a bath with a toaster?  The no swim thing is precautionary as the Lightning’s energy doesn’t just disappear when it strikes.  It has to go somewhere conducive and may end up in an indoor pool.  

Ever taken a bath with a toaster?  The no swim thing is precautionary as the Lightning’s energy doesn’t just disappear when it strikes.  It has to go somewhere conducive and may end up in an indoor pool.  
I fully realize that electricity needs to go somewhere. Should I not take a shower or bath in a storm? Seems to me electricity can be redirected and grounded away from a pool that is indoors. Is that not possible?

14 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:
3 hours ago, SDG said:

I fully realize that electricity needs to go somewhere. Should I not take a shower or bath in a storm? Seems to me electricity can be redirected and grounded away from a pool that is indoors. Is that not possible?

My recollection is that pools are grounded but I’ll defer to someone more directly knowledgeable on the pool subject.  

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It has nothing to do with the building, a lot of places won’t let you swim indoors when it’s lightening.  

So it's a wait issue.

I can remember my grandpa telling me about his aunt or sister or mother/gmother something standing next to an old metal stove in their house cooking dinner and getting struck by lightning, so if it's your time, I guess it's your time.

Edited by mulletpelini
she ded