Angels Tyler Skaggs has died

Gil Bang

what the hell? car accident? overdose? shooting? what the hell happened? this is shocking news. this is surreal. sending all of the thoughts and vibes i can to those who loved him.  the latest reminder of how fleeting life is/can be. damn. just damn. 

6 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

what the hell? car accident? overdose? shooting? what the hell happened? this is shocking news. this is surreal. sending all of the thoughts and vibes i can to those who loved him.  the latest reminder of how fleeting life is/can be. damn. just damn. 

I would think they would have just announced the cause had it been something like a car wreck or homicide. I'd imagine suicide, overdose, or some random medical condition like an aneurysm. 

Just now, TheFlagship said:

Darryl Kile had a heart attack in the hotel room, I feel like it’s something similar.

I agree.  Could’ve had some beers on the plane, more at the hotel, and been really dehydrated/exhausted and he just died.   

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I agree.  Could’ve had some beers on the plane, more at the hotel, and been really dehydrated/exhausted and he just died.   

At 27? I highly doubt he died from simply drinking too many beers. I think most of us would be dead hundreds of times over if things like that were common. 

12 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

For some reason I'm getting a suicide vibe.  I hope I'm wrong. 

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I'm getting drug overdose vibe.

I thought we didn’t know a single thing about this death yet. Not saying y’all are wrong, but how are y’all getting a vibe like that?

• Like 1

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

I thought we didn’t know a single thing about this death yet. Not saying y’all are wrong, but how are y’all getting a vibe like that?

Because rarely does a 27 year old athlete just die out of the blue. I guess he could have had a heart attack like Darryl Kile did.

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Because he was found dead in his hotel room. So the options are basically either:

A. Suicide

B. Overdose/Suicide

C. Stroke/Aneurysm 

With A and B probably being a little more likely. 

Just now, ztejas said:

Because he was found dead in his hotel room. So the options are basically either:

A. Suicide

B. Overdose/Suicide

C. Stroke/Aneurysm 

Didn’t catch that part about being found dead in a hotel room. I’ve been skimming through this story at work after I got the notification. Wow. 

Darryl Kile had a heart attack in the hotel room, I feel like it’s something similar.

I immediately had flashbacks to that day. Texas on its way to win a CWS as well. How can a young athlete have a 99 percent blockage in his widow maker.

21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

A. Suicide

B. Overdose/Suicide

C. Stroke/Aneurysm 

I'd say C is most likely until you hear otherwise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

I hope its not the Arlington Hilton.  That place is lonely.

Typically, when they don't say the cause of death, it means suicide.

Southlake PD usually don't respond to calls at Arlington hotels. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Southlake PD usually don't respond to calls at Arlington hotels. Just sayin'.

Got it.  Didn't read that closely.  Southlake is like 40 min from there. If they are staying the far, surprised they don't stay in Uptown.

Skaggs started on Saturday.  Didn’t have that great of an outing, lasting 4 1/3.   He would have been off yesterday and likely not even at the park with the team other than to receive treatment/workout.   Pitchers often play golf the day after they start.  I’m sticking with some sort of medical event (aneurism/heart event) or a combination of that and getting hammered.   Who knows, he could have had sleep apnea and a combo of that and the other items did it.   

Regardless, just absolutely awful. Just got married in the off-season as well.   

You never know, dudes. Don't waste any days. 
This is the truth. It don’t make a shit who you are. 
Yep. Getting older and feeling my mortality a little more personally has had the nice side effect of making my squabbles shorter and less frequent. Why waste time being mad about shit and especially at people?

Well not around here because this place is specifically where we're supposed to be assholes to each other. That won't change. I mean with loved ones.
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep. Getting older and feeling my mortality a little more personally has had the nice side effect of making my squabbles shorter and less frequent. Why waste time being mad about shit and especially at people?

Well not around here because this place is specifically where we're supposed to be assholes to each other. That won't change. I mean with loved ones.

Truth.  Every day I think, "I walked around for three days with my brain bleeding --There's literally no way I should still be alive."  And I have had very few bad days since.

• Like 4