Book of Mormon

Superhero

FINALLY saw it today, on Easter of all days. It was crude, blasphemous, irreverent, and some people around me (including my wife) cringed at some of the lyrics, but I freakin' loved every minute of it. General Butt Fuckin' Nekkid, for as little stage time that he got, got a massive standing ovation. 

For those of you who haven't seen it, I have two words for you - Man Up!

• Like 1

I've seen it twice and it is my number 1 recommendation for people who aren't interested in musicals. They come for the laughs, stay for the actually legit music. It is a good gateway into musical theater. Pretty soon you will want to go full jazz-hands but then you realize that you just need to TURN IT OFF!

2 hours ago, Shenanigans said:

I've seen it twice and it is my number 1 recommendation for people who aren't interested in musicals. They come for the laughs, stay for the actually legit music. It is a good gateway into musical theater. Pretty soon you will want to go full jazz-hands but then you realize that you just need to TURN IT OFF!

Gotta find the box with those gay feelings and CRUSH IT!

14 hours ago, Superhero said:

FINALLY saw it today, on Easter of all days. It was crude, blasphemous, irreverent, and some people around me (including my wife) cringed at some of the lyrics, but I freakin' loved every minute of it. General Butt Fuckin' Nekkid, for as little stage time that he got, got a massive standing ovation. 

For those of you who haven't seen it, I have two words for you - Man Up!

My wife and son were at that Segerstrom show yesterday. I saw it a couple of years ago at the Pantages.  My son's 2 buddies (twins) and their folks met my wife, having never seen it.  They were a bit shell-shocked, but enjoyed it.

The first time I saw it, during intermission a young woman in her twenties was attending with her older mother. The mother was absolutely appalled at the show and asked "Who would ever want to see such filth?". The daughter informed her that the show was sold out and just about everyone else was having a wonderful time. It had me rolling.

I'm assuming that they had season tickets and the mother had no idea what she was getting herself into.