Woman licks inside of Blue Bell ice cream tub, returns it to store freezer

clapclapclap

Another stellar job by Blue Bell, only had 3 decades to learn the lesson of the Tylenol scare, but nope.  Might cost a few more pennies to properly seal your containers.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/woman-licks-inside-of-blue-bell-before-returns-it-to-store-freezer

BRENHAM, Texas — Blue Bell Creameries is working with police to find a woman who licked the inside of an ice cream tub and then put it back in the store's freezer.

The video, which was posted on social media, has been viewed more than 10 million times.

It's not known when or where the incident took place.

"We take this issue very seriously and are currently working with law enforcement, retail partners and social media platforms," Blue Bell said. "This type of incident will not be tolerated."

In a statement posted on the homepage of its website, Blue Bell says concerned customers should easily notice tampering because their lids are frozen tightly to the carton.

We want to thank our consumers for alerting us to the incident this past weekend of a video posted to social media showing a Blue Bell item being tampered with. We take this issue very seriously and are currently working with law enforcement, retail partners and social media platforms. This type of incident will not be tolerated.

Food safety is a top priority, and we work hard to provide a safe product and maintain the highest level of confidence from our consumers.

During production, our half gallons are flipped upside down and sent to a hardening room where the ice cream freezes to the lid creating a natural seal. The lids are frozen tightly to the carton. Any attempt at opening the product should be noticeable.

We will continue to monitor this situation.

2 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I know way more bout tits than ice cream, but Braums definitely seals their shit.

I don't eat much ice cream anymore, but after BB killed a few people then acted like the victim I swore off their aggy shit. Braums may be Okie, but their stuff is good.

No HEB is open within 50 miles of here.

• Like 3

I ate a lot worse than that growing up.  Anyone who had siblings who fucked with them likely did too.

That being said, bitch should pay for the product she deliberately damaged.

Might be time for Blue Bell to put the plastic wrapper thing around the rim of the lid that  you have to practically cut off with a pocket knife or a pair of scissors.   

BTW while on topic of good ice cream.    HEB (when it's open) makes better ice cream in with their pint selections.   The cookies and cream is the best!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaysOff said:

Youngsters don't remember, but that Tylenol scare was a never caught mass murderer from Chicago that forever changed medicine and food packaging. Except for companies run by aggy.

Obviously they owned a budding vacuum, wrap sealing company....  Genius..... shear genius.....

8 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Maybe I'm missing something on the container sealing, but couldn't this have happened with HEB or B&J or any other brand?

Yeah, I don’t get that reaction. Literally every ice cream I can think of, you just take the lid off the cardboard carton. This isn’t a Blue Bell specific issue.

13 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Yeah, I don’t get that reaction. Literally every ice cream I can think of, you just take the lid off the cardboard carton. This isn’t a Blue Bell specific issue.

Also, once you remove the lid the first time, the cardboard rim is usually somewhat bent and screwed up.  I don't approve of this woman's actions, she's disgusting and should be charged with whatever is appropriate, but this is just more proof that you should be careful with what you buy and always inspect the packaging to make sure everything looks right.

Don't eat yellow snow, don't buy ice cream with an already bent rim, etc.  

39 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

This issue should be more about what a shitty person this woman is and less about blue bell and their containers. Almost every ice cream is packaged the same way.

Agree. Lot of dumb fucks in this here world.

lol I saw some comments and chicks were freaking the fuck out over this.  "Probably why I got salmonella"  "I got a compromised immune system this lady needs to be thrown in jail" etc.

I have to really hold back the urge to comment to some of these people that they have had dirtier dicks in their mouth than this shit.  

• Haha 1

Kinda reminds me of the time the ex and I were messing around and it involved a container of Cool Whip. The ex stepson asked the next day why there was a container of Cool Whip in the fridge that looked like someone had been eating it with their fingers. Not a finger, son. Just a small white dick.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Maybe I'm missing something on the container sealing, but couldn't this have happened with HEB or B&J or any other brand?

Of course.  They're idiots, too.  All food that can practically be sealed should be.  Shouldn't be a huge expense for ice cream, raise your price a nickel if you have to.  Only takes a tiny strip of tape to seal the boxes of things like donuts and pies, shift from a twistie to one of those little glue seal strips for bread, etc.  

10 hours ago, TexArcher said:

2 hours ago, formermav43 said:

I am pretty positive Ben & Jerrys has a plastic seal you have to break around the rim....at least on their pints (not sure on the bigger ones).   

30 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Of course.  They're idiots, too.  All food that can practically be sealed should be.  Shouldn't be a huge expense for ice cream, raise your price a nickel if you have to.  Only takes a tiny strip of tape to seal the boxes of things like donuts and pies, shift from a twistie to one of those little glue seal strips for bread, etc.  

Of course we are talking about the small ice cream company from Brenham that had to have a couple of deaths before it figured out that having random shit drip into their open vats of ice cream probably wasn't a great idea.  I'm amazed that ice cream still doesn't have that plastic shit on the lid, but I bet more and more will start soon.

We did the tour about a year before they killed those people. My wife, who was a food science major in college but flunked out of college thanks to IRC, watched water dripping in their and the boxes they reused that had the cookies etc. that went into ice cream and thought back to her very first food science class and how many things were going wrong in that plant.

We might have to take the tour again to see if they really fixed all that.

I don't recall Graeter's putting a seal on their ice cream. I might have to go pick up a tub just to verify. The store near me just moved to a larger building a few blocks away and I haven't stopped in there yet to check it out. It's really hot this week and the 4th of July is a couple days away. Yep, I think this is a good idea. 

They must be related- (stay for the ending....)

Woman barred from Texas Walmart after eating half a cake, refusing to pay full price

A woman in a Walmart store in Texas who ate half a cake from the store's bakery refused to pay full price and was subsequently banned from the store.

Wichita Falls Police Sgt. Harold McClure told NBC News that officers were called to the Walmart store at about 8:10 p.m. on June 25. An employee told police that a woman had eaten half a cake and then said that she was only going to pay for the remaining half, claiming she had found it that way.

The woman has not been identified because the Walmart employees did not want to press charges, they simply wanted her banned from the store, McClure said. She was barred, but wasn't charged for the cake.

McClure said he didn't know if the woman made off with the rest of her dessert. "I don’t know if she got the whole cake. I don’t know if she left with the other half of it," he said.

The woman is not the first this year to be banned from a Walmart in Wichita Falls, a city not far from the Oklahoma border. In January, a woman was told never to return to another Walmart in the city after spending a morning riding an electric cart around in the parking lot while guzzling wine from a Pringles can.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/woman-barred-texas-walmart-after-eating-half-cake-refusing-pay-n1025386

11 hours ago, TexArcher said:

No.HEB, B&J, etc. all have a plastic seal around the top of the container.  Those that don't have that have a plastic seal under the lid on top of the ice cream.

Source - I like ice cream, just not Blue Bell.

2 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

This issue should be more about what a shitty person this woman is and less about blue bell and their containers. Almost every ice cream is packaged the same way.

Wrong.  Nearly every other ice cream has some sort of tamper-resistant packaging.

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Kinda reminds me of the time the ex and I were messing around and it involved a container of Cool Whip. The ex stepson asked the next day why there was a container of Cool Whip in the fridge that looked like someone had been eating it with their fingers. Not a finger, son. Just a small white dick.

a non-humble brag....bold strategy Cotton

23 minutes ago, hopkinsnhorns said:

No.HEB, B&J, etc. all have a plastic seal around the top of the container.  Those that don't have that have a plastic seal under the lid on top of the ice cream.

Source - I like ice cream, just not Blue Bell.

Does HEB's Creamy Creations have anything? I didn't think it did.

Is it odd that Blue Bell puts the plastic wrappers on the individual cups that come in the mini-sleeves?

30 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Does HEB's Creamy Creations have anything? I didn't think it did.

Is it odd that Blue Bell puts the plastic wrappers on the individual cups that come in the mini-sleeves?

I thought that they did, but now I'm thinking they don't.  Either way B&J >> CC >> BB.