Collin Kaepernick disses Betsy Ross

Parliament

Or, "Nike Acquieses to popular Human Rights Activist." 

https://6abc.com/business/wsj-nike-cancels-betsy-ross-flag-sneakers-after-kaepernick-concerns/5374682/

The Wall Street Journal reports the launch of the Air Max 1 USA sneakers, meant for Monday, was canceled after Kaepernick, one of the brand's most recognizable and controversial faces, intervened.

He reportedly told execs the design, featuring the U.S. flag with 13 white stars in a circle on the heel, was considered offensive to some "because of its connection to an era of slavery."

"After shipping the shoes to retailers, Nike asked for them to be returned without explaining why," people familiar with the matter told the Journal.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

im-86664?width=1260&aspect_ratio=1.5

Manufactured controversy and outrage over Kaepernick and the "symbolism".  While ignoring the real symbolism of a pair of shitty overpriced shoes, made by sweatshop labor in Asian countries featuring an obsolete flag, while the people angry about it drape themselves in it both literally and figuratively.   Murica!!!

Oh and Anastasis that isn't directed at you, just was using your picture.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Manufactured controversy and outrage over Kaepernick and the "symbolism".  While ignoring the real symbolism of a pair of shitty overpriced shoes, made by sweatshop labor in Asian countries featuring an obsolete flag, while the people angry about it drape themselves in it both literally and figuratively.   Murica!!!

Seriously.  Those are some ugly fucking shoes. 

I’m ignorant of what else Kaep is doing regarding his cause. But wonder if we’ll start seeing stories of what’s next steps for his activism. Is there a non profit he’s working with to advance civil rights? Policy reform? Education? He’s got his message/stance down pat for sure. 

Edited by YChang
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, YChang said:

I’m ignorant of what else Kaep is doing regarding his cause. But wonder if we’ll start seeing stories of what’s next steps for his activism. Is there a non profit he’s working with to advance civil rights? Policy reform? Education? He’s got his message/stance down pat for sure. 

Kaepernick established the Colin Kaepernick Foundation, a non-profit organization with the primary focus of fighting oppression through education and social activism. The Million Dollar Pledge, a program in which Kaepernick vowed to donate $1 million to charity, has been a hallmark component of the organization. Kaepernick has donated to a large number of causes, including Mothers Against Police Brutality, School on Wheels and Youth Services, Inc. In addition, Kaepernick has established the “Know Your Rights Camp, ” an enterprise fully funded by Kaepernick to raise awareness on higher education, self-empowerment and to instruct others on how to properly interact with law enforcement.

And I believe it exceeded $1 million. 

• Like 3

All this revisionist history shit is getting tiresome.  All it takes is one thread on reddit and you could have two black dudes kissing be the new symbol of white supremacy.

#America2019

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Just went down to Foot Locker and bought a few thousand dollars worth of Nikes, going to burn them in my backyard tonight to own the libs. 

I only bought one pair, but I burned the shoes while I was wearing them. Self-inflicted disfigurement and never waking again to own the libs and uppity mobile quarterbacks. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, formermav43 said:

The shoe design was tacky. Kap’s objection is stupid. The reaction to it is ludicrous.

Fake outrage over a shoe design followed by fake outrage over its cancellation. Everyone involved in this story sucks

This

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

"The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery."

4 U.S.C. 8(d).

and this

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Oh and Anastasis that isn't directed at you, just was using your picture.

Oh, I agree 100% with your take. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Ted is angling for Trump's base. I don't think he has the demagogue style down, but I never thought Trump had a chance, either.

Ted is too much of a dork to assume leadership of the deplorables.