Collin Kaepernick disses Betsy Ross

Parliament

Guest Lobo

I wish Colin would give more credit to Nate Boyer for his movement.  Taking a knee is much more acceptable than sitting on a bench.  

While I agree with Colin, he’s quickly becoming the Carlos Kaiser of American athletics.  

19 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I wish Colin would give more credit to Nate Boyer for his movement.  Taking a knee is much more acceptable than sitting on a bench.  

While I agree with Colin, he’s quickly becoming the Carlos Kaiser of American athletics.  

sitting on the bench or taking a knee have become boring.  They need to spice it up with something like this

Rio-Ferdinand.jpg

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

So let me get this straight. Donald Trump Jr. thinks Nike's views are more in line with communism.

Nike.

A $135 billion company.

You can't make up this level of stupid.

True. I mean a company that continuously uses low wage, poor conditioned sweatshops to build products, signs agreements with but doesn't keep in line with the WRC, consistently uses offshore subsidiaries to avoid taxes all over the world, and asks for incentives from local governments is pretty much modern capitalism. :)

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Tin foil hat: these ugly ass shoes were concocted in order to be called out and canceled by Cap.

You're not really crazy to think this. It's what social media marketing is these days. There's a lot of focus, and there will be continued focus, on using influencers and their followers to drive the conversation. They saw what happened with Kaep and the kneeling, they know it drives conversation for/against the subject (without spending hardly any money). It's a win. Hell, some of the people videoing the burning their Nike shoes/attire are also part of their strategy.

Also, wasn't Ross a Quaker? This controversy is strange.

7 minutes ago, LonghornJudas said:

True. I mean a company that continuously uses low wage, poor conditioned sweatshops to build products, signs agreements with but doesn't keep in line with the WRC, consistently uses offshore subsidiaries to avoid taxes all over the world, and asks for incentives from local governments is pretty much modern capitalism. :)

sounds like a Trump company

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

There's an Eddie Izzard flag bit in here somewhere.  I don't know that there's ever been a "good" flag.  Think about.  Every nation, every banner, every Empire, every monarch, every religion, every entity of any kind---at some point---their flag stood for something bad.  That's why you have fucking flags.  To lay claim to an area just before you impose your rule/value set/faith/government/ideology/etc. on the people around the newly planted flag.  Shit, it's even true in sports...we just call them "pennants" to take the stink off.  

What is one fucking flag that was developed with the notion of, "Design it and plant it on their lands so they can know who left freshly baked muffins then left in the dead of night with no expectations whatsoever."  

There are no good flags.  From Africa to the Americas.  From the 49ers to Flour de Lis to City of Austin to the W flag of the Cubs.  It's all evil.  

NO MORE FLAGS.  Make the flags take a knee, humans should sit on the couch! 

16 minutes ago, LonghornJudas said:

I'm not sure it can be more capitalist.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

One side more than the other, by a large margin.

The left - offended by concentration camps and POTUS running roughshod over the judiciary and constitution 

The right - offended by shoes and The Little Mermaid

BOTH SIDES ARE THE SAME 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The left - offended by concentration camps and POTUS running roughshod over the judiciary and constitution 

The right - offended by shoes and The Little Mermaid

BOTH SIDES ARE THE SAME 

Why are they offended by The Little Mermaid? Are they making a live version with a black actress or something? I could see that making them lose their minds.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Why are they offended by The Little Mermaid? Are they making a live version with a black actress or something? I could see that making them lose their minds.

Yes they casted a black actress to play her 

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

One side more than the other, by a large margin.

Depends on the topic. The left is doing their usual doom and gloom. The right is butthurt about basically everything. Bernie doesn’t realize he actually lives in the greatest country in the world. 

On 7/2/2019 at 11:31 PM, Thetexashammer said:

You're not wrong. That said, sports fans is not synonymous with social justice warrior. I think Nike gets most of their revenue from the suburbs, not from cough "urban" cough markets. Nor do I think the "urban" markets are offended by Betsy Ross flags. It's the mid-summer silly season, the outrage industrial complex is cranked up to 11. But if Nike really goes full bore SJW over the long term, I suspect it damages their brand. Like MJ said, Republicans buy shoes too.

Nike is HQ'd out of Oregon, which is politically like California on steroids. I expect Nike will double down on all this SJW stuff. We'll see what happens.

Nike's market either supports this kind of thing or is completely neutral about it — as in, they won't necessarily buy a shoe with "Black Lives Matter" written all over it, but they'll buy non-political shoe designs regardless of whether Nike supports anti-Trump political initiatives more generally.

There is only a small group of racists, nuts, and idiots in your cohort who are actively bothered by Nike refusing to sell a Betsy Ross flag shoe that nobody ever wanted, and this group is insignificant in the athletic shoe market.  Which is why Nike made huge profits during the Kap "boycott."  In fact, y'all already shot your impotent wad back then to no effect, so there's no reason for Nike to listen now. 

40 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

There is only a small group of racists, nuts, and idiots in your cohort who are actively bothered by Nike refusing to sell a Betsy Ross flag shoe that nobody ever wanted, and this group is insignificant in the athletic shoe market.  

You know, referring to people who love America, its history, and its primary symbol the US flag as racists, nuts and idiots - ON INDEPENDENCE DAY - is possibly not the best look.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

You know, referring to people who love America, its history, and its primary symbol the US flag as racists, nuts and idiots - ON INDEPENDENCE DAY - is possibly not the best look.

Good thing I'm not doing that.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Right.

Meanwhile, referring to a sitting Congressman (who also loves his country) as dumb, disloyal, and a total loser - ON INDEPENDENCE DAY - is a terrific look.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

A Trumpkin whining about name calling.  

Truly the flakiest of snowflakes.

16 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

D-lXqbiXYAIm3Rr?format=jpg&name=large

Fuck traitors who support the thin blue line. When cops cover up criminal acts in defiance of the law, they show their loyalty is to cops and not the law or the constitution. Fuck that and them.

Guest Lobo
18 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

D-lXqbiXYAIm3Rr?format=jpg&name=large

These guys can’t figure out the on/off switch on a body cam.  I doubt they can handle tieup laces.  Velcro or bust baby!!!

Im offended that Nike doesn't make a shoe for black mermaids. Do the white mermaids have shoes? Im not sure, to be honest. But I'm so pissed right now. Ariel? More like Aryan. Have fun in your mermaid shoes, bitch. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

These guys can’t figure out the on/off switch on a body cam.  I doubt they can handle tieup laces.  Velcro or bust baby!!!

Oh, they've figured out the on/off switch.  First thing they figured out when they got em.