Fire Shaka Smart

smokebomb

Wulaw Horn said it best to start the original thread:

Fire Shaka Smart

He's not the guy. He's worse than Barnes. He's not taking a step forward for us. I'm sure it won't be done this year and we will have another year of traveshamockery to deal with. I'm clearly one of about 38 alums that cares about hoops as much as football so that ambivalence buys him some time to fail in mediocrity but he's just not the guy. 
And I was completely on board with the hire and just stunned at how overmatched he is. We are shit on a stick and we have no path forward under him. 
Fuck it's depressing to be a UT fan right now. 
I wasn't ready to go there last week when I asked why his seat wasn't hotter. Losing to TCU at home and then losing our best player is enough data points for me to say, it isn't happening and won't ever happen.

Very sad to see that that over a year later, the above is still very much true.

Edited by smokebomb

40 minutes ago, scottsins said:

This thread needs more Derka to be legit.

My thoughts on who I want were covered here:

"There’s a real lack of good, available coaches who would even be interested in the job, as great of a job as it is. If Texas shows interest then most of these guys will simply collect a raise and stay where they are. I think that Musselman would come here, and I know that he’d actually bring his system with him."

4 hours ago, Derka said:

My thoughts on who I want were covered here:

"There’s a real lack of good, available coaches who would even be interested in the job, as great of a job as it is. If Texas shows interest then most of these guys will simply collect a raise and stay where they are. I think that Musselman would come here, and I know that he’d actually bring his system with him."

This person is not Derka, just fyi.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Derka why didnt you go with the original Derka Derka instead of just Derka?

How much do you want to bet that the guy running around negging every single post I’ve made is the same guy who’s so pathetic that he ran over to this site, registered as “Derka”, and then pretended to be me? 

ftr It’s TheFlagship 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

How much do you want to bet that the guy running around negging every single post I’ve made is the same guy who’s so pathetic that he ran over to this site, registered as “Derka”, and then pretended to be me? 

ftr It’s TheFlagship 

You’re welcome

• Fuck You 1

Shaka obviously not getting fired this year since he got into March Madness despite losing Jones and Davis and Bamba being injured down the stretch.

So is Shaka under any pressure with CDC? For example, is Shaka in any real danger of losing his job next season? What does Shaka have to do next season for CDC to either fire or keep Shaka?  I'm sure CDC retains Shaka if he makes the NCAA tourney. Not sure how bad it has to get for CDC to fire him, maybe sub .500 season?

Edited by Kafka

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

We’re not serious about competing in basketball if simply making the tournament guarantees that the HC keeps his job, particularly after such an underwhelming first three years.

I estimate the probability that Shaka gets replaced this off season at less than 1%. What do you estimate the probability is that Shaka gets replaced this off season? My question is about what will happen not what you think should happen. 

Shaka is kind of in limbo. He isn't doing as well as most of us thought he would but he isn't doing horrible, either. CDC will probably not fire Shaka without giving him every chance to succeed. Fenves is probably not eager to fire Shaka. My guess is that Shaka keeps his job so long as he runs a clean program, makes March Madness, recruits great, and improves. I am really interested to see how CDC helps Shaka improve.

55 minutes ago, Kafka said:

Shaka is kind of in limbo. He isn't doing as well as most of us thought he would but he isn't doing horrible, either. CDC will probably not fire Shaka without giving him every chance to succeed. Fenves is probably not eager to fire Shaka. My guess is that Shaka keeps his job so long as he runs a clean program, makes March Madness, recruits great, and improves. I am really interested to see how CDC helps Shaka improve.

Hard to do when you have no fundamental grasp on offensive basketball.

1 hour ago, Kafka said:

I estimate the probability that Shaka gets replaced this off season at less than 1%. What do you estimate the probability is that Shaka gets replaced this off season? My question is about what will happen not what you think should happen. 

The chances of Shaka getting canned this year are 0%.  Next question?

Hopefully some of the weak staff are replaced though.

• immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic
  • immamac pinned and featured this topic
  • immamac unpinned this topic