Fire Shaka Smart

smokebomb

i've been biting my tongue all season about a certain post game ritual for Shaka and his guys, because i figured, "hey, we're winning our games right now, let's not be so negative." welp, that's over. not only does this shit piss me off, it is a *crystal clear* sign of just how far out of his element Shaka Smart is in this conference. so what is it that has me so pissed? Shaka's team enjoys little dance parties after every single win. 

check the date on that. November 30th. that footage is from the night we barely scraped by McNeese State in our own building. that's right, we celebrated like that after beating this fucking team:

1cd96d73ec2588c5af0d4b5fe0fe972c.jpg

are you fucking kidding me? the scene in that locker room should be a sober one, with every single man in the room silently reflecting, asking himself why some high school team from Louisiana nearly just beat you on your home floor. but not us! not Shaka's boys. we're dancing! we're fucking dancing! and our head coach is hootin' an' hollerin' and hugging and high fiving his players, joyous over his team's landmark victory. what the fuck. what an absolute fucking clown. he clearly has zero fucking clue what he's doing, he has even less self awareness, and he's passing it on to our players. well here are my thoughts on that:

until this very moment, i have publicly maintained throughout the years that I did not hate Shaka Smart the man, i just hated pretty much everything about how he coaches. nope. not anymore. cannot do it. FUCK Shaka Smart. what an absolute fucking clown, and an embarrassment to our entire athletic department. "we are the joneses". christ. that shit left with DeLoss. this is our new standard. we are the clowns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

i've been biting my tongue all season about a certain post game ritual for Shaka and his guys, because i figured, "hey, we're winning our games right now, let's not be so negative." welp, that's over. not only does this shit piss me off, it is a *crystal clear* sign of just how far out of his element Shaka Smart is in this conference. so what is it that has me so pissed? Shaka's team enjoys little dance parties after every single win. 

check the date on that. November 30th. that footage is from the night we barely scraped by McNeese State in our own building. that's right, we celebrated like that after beating this fucking team:

1cd96d73ec2588c5af0d4b5fe0fe972c.jpg

are you fucking kidding me? the scene in that locker room should be a sober one, with every single man in the room silently reflecting, asking himself why some high school team from Louisiana nearly just beat you on your home floor. but not us! not Shaka's boys. we're dancing! we're fucking dancing! and our head coach is hootin' an' hollerin' and hugging and high fiving his players, joyous over his team's landmark victory. what the fuck. what an absolute fucking clown. he clearly has zero fucking clue what he's doing, he has even less self awareness, and he's passing it on to our players. well here are my thoughts on that:

until this very moment, i have publicly maintained throughout the years that I did not hate Shaka Smart the man, i just hated pretty much everything about how he coaches. nope. not anymore. cannot do it. FUCK Shaka Smart. what an absolute fucking clown, and an embarrassment to our entire athletic department. "we are the joneses". christ. that shit left with DeLoss. this is our new standard. we are now the clowns

Can you imagine our locker room if we hired this guy?  This used to be the type of coaching that was prevalent in sports.  I know mine was. LOL

Listen at your own risk.  Turn the volume down..... trust me.

https://youtu.be/Chdg7wEGfYw

Edited by 2300 Nueces

23 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

So how many consecutive losses in 2020 to start B12 Conference will cause CDC to fire Shaka in-season??

Would love to see Shaka fired with 2nd half of 2020 B12 Conference games still left to play.  Maybe Feb 1st or Feb 3rd will be Shaka's final game coaching Texas...

^^^Still hoping that Feb 3rd is Shaka's final game coaching the Texas Longhorns!!!

1 minute ago, 2300 Nueces said:

Can you imagine our locker room if we hired this guy?  LOL

before i edited my post (yes it was actually longer than that before i chopped it down some lol) i had typed out, "Bobby Knight would legitimately have punched someone in the face." 

mad seriously, name any elite coach who you have respect for- Belichick, Saban, Poppovich, anyone- can you imagine them doing that? it is so completely time deaf and out of touch...i just can't even find the words to describe how awful that is. you will never win with a coach/attitude/mind frame like that. 

20 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

before i edited my post (yes it was actually longer than that before i chopped it down some lol) i had typed out, "Bobby Knight would legitimately have punched someone in the face." 

mad seriously, name any elite coach who you have respect for- Belichick, Saban, Poppovich, anyone- can you imagine them doing that? it is so completely time deaf and out of touch...i just can't even find the words to describe how awful that is. you will never win with a coach/attitude/mind frame like that. 

Old school military.  Bobby Knight was more common than one might think, especially 30-40 years ago.  We have become soft but his flare for the dramatic was over the line.  However, not many kids can even stomach an angry look today.

Edited by 2300 Nueces

If the admin doesn’t care enough about basketball to fire this jack-o’lantern, why would we pay him (or anyone else) as much as we did to begin with? Performance clearly isn’t a priority. Might as well have Jody do the job between critiquing trash can tosses and guacamole seasoning.

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

i just went and shitted all over Shaka in the comments section of that locker room dance video and Isaiah Taylor just liked the comment, lol. 

Everyone knows he’s a shitty coach, especially our b-ball alumni. Hell, maybe we can get KD to chip in for the buyout. 😂

12 hours ago, 2300 Nueces said:

Can you imagine our locker room if we hired this guy?  This used to be the type of coaching that was prevalent in sports.  I know mine was. LOL

Listen at your own risk.  Turn the volume down..... trust me.

That tirade Knight gives was, I think, right before they went to Purdue during the 1990-91 season. At that point, Indiana was 14-1, ranked third nationally, and had won 12 games in a row.

Knight was kind of a fucking wackbag.

20 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

That tirade Knight gives was, I think, right before they went to Purdue during the 1990-91 season. At that point, Indiana was 14-1, ranked third nationally, and had won 12 games in a row.

Knight was kind of a fucking wackbag.

and was one of the greatest college basketball coaches ever. Along with Wooden, and his protege.

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

and was one of the greatest college basketball coaches ever. Along with Wooden, and his protege.

OK, sure, but if someone posts an insane tirade like it was a positive thing without providing the relevant context, I think it's valuable for those of us better acquainted with Knight to provide said context.

in regards to the baylor game. I think our D is pretty good but our rebounding(from the eye test, maybe adv stats show otherwise) is not good and offsets our good D to some extent.  Of course we hired likely the best defensive assistant in the country.

Our O is flat fucking awful. I still maintain Smart is making these guys worse shooters.

CDC needs to be ready. 

Just now, Huckleberry said:

What in the world are you talking about? Dodds said that winning too much isn't good for the kids. Let's not start with some revisionist history where he demanded excellence.

yeah the slogan is "We're Texas" not "We're Excellent". Good enough is good enough. We have our own cable network and we lead all universities in athletic department revenue, what, you guys want to win games, too??? 

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

What in the world are you talking about? Dodds said that winning too much isn't good for the kids. Let's not start with some revisionist history where he demanded excellence.

well, he hired Mack, Barnes, and Augie (first try on all three) and made Texas THE preeminent school for athletics (not counting all that goofy shit they play in northern california that nobody else knows or cares a about). even if he didn't "demand excellence", he got the job done and had Texas as "The Joneses" for at least the entire decade of the aughts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

.Healso apparently thought it was a good idea to fire Abe Lemons & hire Weltlich.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

yeah the slogan is "We're Texas" not "We're Excellent". Good enough is good enough. We have our own cable network and we lead all universities in athletic department revenue, what, you guys want to win games, too??? 

I get the fact we have basketball games on LHN each year (though not a fan of the network), but why the hell are there also conference games on a 2nd PPV service (ESPN+) this year?  Shitty.

17 hours ago, 2300 Nueces said:

My HS coach wasn't.  He was a Fellowship of Christian Athletes guy who constantly told us we needed to "have PRIDE".  He didn't know jack about wrestling, but he sorta knew football, so he just stuck us in the weight room.  I was stronger than every kid I ever wrestled and I got beat over half the time.  I also had no pride.

I'm not much for meathead coaching techniques but sometimes the Shakas of the world overcook it.  Well, in his case, he always overcooks it.

Meh.  We'll just win the NIT again, have a trophy for our case and all will be okay going into 20-21.

Yeah, I'm 95% sure that wouldn't / won't be the case again but I'll believe Smart is gone when he's gone.  Until then, just have to sit back and what him make a mockery of what a good coached and well disciplined team should look like. 

4 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Meh.  We'll just win the NIT again, have a trophy for our case and all will be okay going into 20-21.

Yeah, I'm 95% sure that wouldn't / won't be the case again but I'll believe Smart is gone when he's gone.  Until then, just have to sit back and what him make a mockery of what a good coached and well disciplined team should look like. 

Smart has to go this year. If Herman falters next year and Smart is still around, it means the athletic director will have to fire coaches from the 2 main sports in the same year. That is just too much work and it is a bad look. It would be much easier to replace Smart this year. Plus, it is painfully obvious that Smart has no hope turning the program around.

4 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

97f11441aa25c475a3919a1c3af021dc.jpg

071f80240ef2a0e95636118774738039.jpg

3614d065215b2991cf377849e906c899.jpg

I'd guess those were Incarnate Word or UT Rio Grande's numbers (minus perhaps the blocked shots) if I didn't know any better.

Even more damning is the fact these stats were accumulated against a VERY soft early schedule, which announcers like Lowell have heralded as Texas' best start in several years without providing the important caveat that the wins came against an out of conference schedule that A&M Corpus Christi might consider too bottom heavy.  The Purdue game was an outlier... a tease of what this team could be if they drove the ball inside to draw fouls.

There's blood and guts in the water.  You either turn into a turtle or fight like hell to keep your job.  I'm seeing a quiet turtle on the sideline at our games. 

16 hours ago, Bevo said:

Smart has to go this year. If Herman falters next year and Smart is still around, it means the athletic director will have to fire coaches from the 2 main sports in the same year. That is just too much work and it is a bad look. It would be much easier to replace Smart this year. Plus, it is painfully obvious that Smart has no hope turning the program around.

this is the year because Kai Jones will go NBA either way(not that he should) and we really won't care if anyone else transfers. Coleman probably rides it out.  the question is if we can hire a coach that can keep Greg Brown.

6 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

97f11441aa25c475a3919a1c3af021dc.jpg

071f80240ef2a0e95636118774738039.jpg

3614d065215b2991cf377849e906c899.jpg

Damn.  Please stop posting these.  Those numbers are so fucking depressing and really just unbelievable considering the shit schedule we've played so far. I'd like to think they can't get any worse, except our schedule only gets tougher.  So please stop posting these stats.  (no not really.  but maybe really.  i can't decide).

• immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic
  • immamac pinned and featured this topic
  • immamac unpinned this topic