Fire Shaka Smart

smokebomb

7 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Holy shit, even T.J. Mutha****ing Ford is speaking out. Very difficult for an alum to do this, and even more so for one who is still actively involved with the players (doesn't he practice with them during the summer?).

Is that truly his account?

Edited by Braff Zacklin

A more fun game to play is where will Shaka be coaching next season.  It is pretty fucking telling how fucking ignorant we are as a program that our hoops and football programs do not send coaches to the pros or to a program more marquee than us in the NCAA's.  Akers goes to Purdue, Mackovic to Arizona, Brown to retirement then UNC, Strong to USF then retirement, and Herman ain't exactly being groomed by the NFL.  Lemon to OCU, Wetlich to FIU, Penders to George Washington, Barnes to Tennessee.  I'd be okay with being used if just one of our marquee coaches actually went on to something better than Texas.  Instead they come here on hype, bleed us dry, and then settle for some lesser gig a couple years after we finally get the balls to shitcan them.  What am I missing here?  Shaka will be at some Horizon League team two years from now and we'll still be paying him.   

Why is the Athletic Department's secret sauce 99% complacent impotence?  

42 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

How ever the fuck did a team coached by this guy make a 4 game run in the dance?   I mean his signature trait as a coach is that his teams are weak.  

his team averaged over 40% from 3 over the 5 game run(he played the play in game) and they played D like WVU did tonight.

If his teams dont shoot 38-40% from 3 he can't win against P5 level competition. 

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

his team averaged over 40% from 3 over the 5 game run(he played the play in game) and they played D like WVU did tonight.

If his teams dont shoot 38-40% from 3 he can't win against P5 level competition. 

If they shot 50% tonight, they still would have lost by 20.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Hell, hire TJ.

Does he have his degree?

Yes. @Goo Punch posted a very moving video on the previous site a few years back that featured T.J. and Barnes celebrating the achievement together.

Here's a re-tweet:

And the original:

https://www.si.com/college/video/2017/05/19/tj-ford-ut-graduation-coach-rick-barnes-attends-ceremony?jwsource=cl

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Yes. @Goo Punch posted a very moving video on the previous site a few years back that featured T.J. and Barnes celebrating the achievement together.

Here's a re-tweet:

And the original:

https://www.si.com/college/video/2017/05/19/tj-ford-ut-graduation-coach-rick-barnes-attends-ceremony?jwsource=cl

i'm all out of rep for tonight, but this just hit me in the feels all over again.

14 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Of course, Huggy will say this. He doesn't want Shaka fired.

made shots, yeah 80% of them were from 3 feet because we were being abused.  we can't dribble, we can't defend, we can't pass, we can't screen, we can't rebound,  and that is all before we get to the "we can't shoot".  fuck you Huggins.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Huggins to CDC: "I'm telling you man, I swear to God, it's not Shaka!! So we hit a few shots tonight, big deal, IT'S NOT SHAKA!"

if we didn't have a pussy AD this would be worse than the classic "Shaka Smart is our coach and as always we will evaluate our coaches at the end of the season" vote of confidence.

So #27 LSU coming to town on Saturday.  Place your bets on fan spread.  I'll say 30% LSU fans, 70% UT fans.  Total attendance at 1:00p on a Saturday.........6,400

Well played.  I unintentionally am suggesting that be the next Erwin Center marketing technique.  C'mon down to the Drum, gentlemen.  Where you can get your spread on watching a coach who has completely given up on his players and his school, because he knows he's getting $10mm to walk out the door in 7 weeks for doing absolutely jackshit.  

You know who else gets paid $10mm to pretend like they still give a shit?  Actors.  Such as the great Sir Thomas Hanks pictures above.  

Edited by Lobo

29 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Hell, hire TJ.

Does he have his degree?

I would love for TJ to get a chance. The fact of the matter is though firing Shaka and hiring someone new is no guarantee of greater things for this program. Changing coaches isn't going to suddenly make Baylor suck again, make Texas Tech a cupcake on the schedule, or make the blue-hairs holding all the courtside tickets stand up and be loud, or make our fan base savvy about bball. There are bigger obstacles at work here. You can't really fault Shaka's recruiting, and there is still half a season to go before talk of firing.

• Fuck You 9

13 minutes ago, Camelback80 said:

The fact of the matter is though firing Shaka and hiring someone new is no guarantee of greater things for this program. 

It's about as close to a guarantee as is possible.  Tom Penders and Rick Barnes had their teams playing FAR better basketball.  Are you telling me we can't at least find a Tom Penders?

I don't believe it for a second.  Everything about this coach and his approach to the job is off.  He's either too stupid or too arrogant to see what got him where he is and do something about it.

For fuck's sake, Scott Drew is killing it in the Big XII.  

Scott.

Drew.

Edited by jimmyjazz

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's about as close to a guarantee as is possible.  Tom Penders and Rick Barnes had their teams playing FAR better basketball.  Are you telling me we can't at least find a Tom Penders?

I don't believe it for a second.  Everything about this coach and his approach to the job is off.  He's either too stupid or too arrogant to see what got him where he is and do something about it.

For fuck's sake, Scott Drew is killing it in the Big XII.  

Scott.

Drew.

How many times do we have to post that Shaka isn’t worth a shit and we could get better  (me included)?  This isn’t about Shaka any more.  It is all about whether or not we will pay the bucks to fire his ass.  I really do not know if CDC is ready to go there yet...maybe, maybe not.

41 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

we can't dribble, we can't defend, we can't pass, we can't screen, we can't rebound,  and that is all before we get to the "we can't shoot".  fuck you Huggins.

It is kind of crazy we can't do those things, because I have seen the timeout huddles, and Shaka is saying real deal coaching stuff like "guys, we need to get offensive rebounds".  It must be the players just not listening.  

4 minutes ago, jinx said:

It is kind of crazy we can't do those things, because I have seen the timeout huddles, and Shaka is saying real deal coaching stuff like "guys, we need to get offensive rebounds".  It must be the players just not listening.  

Against Kansas, Shaka told the players in the huddle to put on their mean faces and then he gave them an example.  I laughed so hard.  This guy is the biggest fraud and Patterson should be sued for his negligence.

Edited by 2300 Nueces

2 minutes ago, 2300 Nueces said:

Against Kansas, Shaka told the players in the huddle to put on their mean faces and then he gave them an example.  I laughed so hard.  This guy is the biggest fraud and Patterson should be sued for his negligence.

I hate that I gave up watching Texas basketball because I would have loved to see that.  Life lessons on dealing with mean old Kansas bullies in addition to the brilliant on court lessons.  

• immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic
  • immamac pinned and featured this topic
  • immamac unpinned this topic