Fire Shaka Smart

smokebomb

@immamac so is immortal banned or not? he literally does not post about the thread subject, ever. and you publicly warned him about this exact specific thing. his comment about "clogging up the thread" with my germane posts while he exclusively posts to bitch about my posts is fucking ridiculous. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 3

Banned for what you clown? Calling you out for your stupid Tennessee shit is not against the rules, you fucking crybaby.

I would fucking love to post about TEXAS FUCKING BASKETBALL on a TEXAS FUCKING MESSAGE BOARD, but I can't ever seem to read more than 5 posts without some bullshit about Rick Barnes or Tennessee. No one gives a fuck about that shit here. Why don't you waddle your fat ass over to a Tennessee board, or have they already all banned you?

Edited by immortal13
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, immortal13 said:

Banned for what you clown? Calling you out for your stupid Tennessee shit is not against the rules, you fucking crybaby

immamac publicly told you to your face that he would ban you if you didn't post about the thread subject, which you have continued to exclusively do. you were warned about this specific thing, and you haven't stopped. it's time to be held accountable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

immamac publicly told you to your face that he would ban you if you didn't post about the thread subject, which you have continued to exclusively do. you were warned about this specific thing, and you haven't stopped. it's time to be held accountable.

Lulz. Says the guy posting about Rick Barnes on every fucking basketball thread on this board. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

You kidding?  He would have a chance to learn under a real coach and his family gets to stay in Austin. 

It’s not that they can’t afford to fire him, it’s just getting their money’s worth while paying him either way. Nothing would stop him from taking another job and Texas would be getting SOMETHING for their money. 

Sounds reasonable to me. I don't give a fuck what it takes to get rid of his ass, CDC just needs to get it done. Fire him, reassign him, make him wash the fucking uniforms by hand....anything. Just get his worthless ass of the court during our games. 

25 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

I guess you aren't as tired of his endless fellating of Tennessee as I am. Plenty of others here agree with me. Nothing is more derailing of Texas basketball threads than what he does. 

I don't mind the comparative basis since it is germane to our coaching situation.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

I guess you aren't as tired of his endless fellating of Tennessee as I am. Plenty of others here agree with me. Nothing is more derailing of Texas basketball threads than what he does. 

So.... why not put him on ignore??? That's what it is for:   https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/ignore/

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Deej said:

The endless "Look at Tennessee and Rick Barnes" comparisons can be a beating. 

Rick was done here. No need to revisit. It's the equivalent of longing to get Mack back to coach football. Except Mack actually got us a title.

It's mind-numbing. There is no point in comparing the two for the purpose of this thread anyway. Shaka sucking balls and Rick Barnes are not connected in any way. Rick ain't coming back here, and he is literally the only coach in America that I would not replace Shaka with, even if that were possible. 

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

@immamac so is immortal banned or not? he literally does not post about the thread subject, ever. and you publicly warned him about this exact specific thing. his comment about "clogging up the thread" with my germane posts while he exclusively posts to bitch about my posts is fucking ridiculous. 

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

It's mind-numbing. There is no point in comparing the two for the purpose of this thread anyway. Shaka sucking balls and Rick Barnes are not connected in any way. Rick ain't coming back here, and he is literally the only coach in America that I would not replace Shaka with, even if that were possible. 

i just don't read it that way.  Yes, Rick was done here.  True, he's not coming back.  Knowing both of those things he's still a coach that was able to go from one school to another and compete at a higher level than our current coach.  That he was here should help us collectively understand where the bar should be and how short of it we currently are. 

I read Derka's Rick posts with an eye on Texas, not on Rick.  If he's a Rick apologist I missed it.

18 minutes ago, caliHORNia said:

i just don't read it that way.  Yes, Rick was done here.  True, he's not coming back.  Knowing both of those things he's still a coach that was able to go from one school to another and compete at a higher level than our current coach.  That he was here should help us collectively understand where the bar should be and how short of it we currently are. 

I read Derka's Rick posts with an eye on Texas, not on Rick.  If he's a Rick apologist I missed it.

You must be new here

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, caliHORNia said:

Many of the guys who post here daily follow exactly two CBB teams closely- Texas, and one other team that they have some ties to; maybe they or a spouse attended that school, maybe they got a job in that school's city, maybe their dad raised them as a fan of that school; whatever it is, they have another program that they follow closely, and often post about on this forum. enough so that we all are aware of their ties to the school. 

Some specific schools I can name (and the regulars here will all know which posters I am referring to) include Ohio State, Baylor, Wichita State, Kansas, Michigan State, Okie State, OU, Tennessee (not including me), and several more. These posters all have brought up their second/other school at least once if not many times when discussing Texas hoops, using their school/coach/history/results as a reference point, just as I did when referring to Tennessee's comparative success with inferior players and a more severe personnel crisis than Texas. Note that the post wrapped up with my thoughts on Shaka, CDC, and Texas hoops in general. Hell i didn't even mention Barnes' name.

The only difference in my posts and those other guys' posts is that immortal doesn't go on a day-long meltdown when they make said posts, as he does literally every time I mention Tennessee or Barnes. His contention that *I* derail these threads by merely mentioning Tennessee is patently fucking laughable, and probably the single dumbest, lacking-in-self-awareness thing that's ever been said here. I ceased conversing with him when my point was made hours ago and he hasn't even slowed down. Can't explain why he's not banned from this forum for his incessantly insane, trolling, and completely tangential posts. 

Edited by Goo Punch

1 hour ago, caliHORNia said:

Damn near every coach in the country preforms at a higher level. You don’t even have to cross state lines. 

It’s a low bar and as was pointed out, he has a zero percent chance of replacing Shaka at Texas. Any comparison can only be for “I told you so/regret” purposes and Contributes little to the topic. What’s the point?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Damn near every coach in the country preforms at a higher level. You don’t even have to cross state lines. 

It’s a low bar and as was pointed out, he has a zero percent chance of replacing Shaka at Texas. Any comparison can only be for “I told you so/regret” purposes and Contributes little to the topic. What’s the point?  

that's your own extremely biased and retarded interpretation of my post, and it's way off base. you ask what's the point? i just made a three paragraph post that wrapped that up pretty neatly just up the page. the point is exactly the same as whenever anyone else here references another program that they follow when it's germane to the discussion.

now you answer me this- just what the fuck is the point of the incessant and interminable crying and whingeing that's done by a whole gaggle of you children *every* time Tennessee is mentioned? seriously, answer that. actually, don't. just ponder it, and then from now on let it go

Edited by Goo Punch
to add the word "retarded"

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

This

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Game.set.match

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

lmao at the fucking hoops you guys jump through to convince yourselves of your own bullshit. for the sake of argument let's assume that your dumbass assertion that i only mentioned Tennessee to say "I told you so" was correct; SO FUCKING WHAT?! since when would that be anything other than SOP on shaggy/surly? that's what the fuck we do here. when i was wrong about Sam Ehlinger, how many people were foaming at the mouth, demanding that i eat crow and admit that i was wrong, reveling in victory for weeks, even after i'd conceded? how many?

oh but now that you're on the other side of the coin it's different. now a bunch of people who add nothing to any discussion ever and who routinely shit all over threads suddenly are saying, "hey you're not contributing to the discussion and you're just trying to say 'i told you so' and that's wrong." LMAO. Get. The fuck. Out of here. you lame asses just don't like me and will bend over backwards to get your panties in a wad by anything I do. fucking own that shit. do not try to pass off your maniacal meltdowns at my mentions of Rick Barnes and/or Tennessee as some sort of "sanctity of the discussion" move. 

Edited by Goo Punch

Use literally any other team besides Tennessee and this wouldn't be happening. The problem is not the response to your obsession and constant need to mention your precious. It's your obsession and constant need to mention your precious. Are you just going to do this until you die? That's your life now? Lamenting over your loss of Rick Barnes. JFC dude. We get it. You're miserable and want company, but don't get butthurt when people are sick of your bullshit

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

lmao at the fucking hoops you guys jump through to convince yourselves of your own bullshit. for the sake of argument let's assume that your dumbass assertion that i only mentioned Tennessee to say "I told you so" was correct; SO FUCKING WHAT?! since when would that be anything other than SOP on shaggy/surly? that's what the fuck we do here.

Because saying “I told you so” is “retarded”and sadly you don’t seem to realize you are doing it wrong. IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE

Rick Barnes having success after a change of scenery and marital problems has FUCK ALL to do with firing his ass from Texas being the RIGHT decision. You aren’t telling people shit. It’s sad and annoying to watch you try over and over to prove a point that is demonstrably WRONG  

Rick Barnes deserved to be let go at Texas. No amount of success at Tennessee changes that. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/three-takeaways-from-loss-to-iowa-state/ar-BB102DGy

Three Takeaways From Loss To Iowa State

Patrick Conn       4 hrs ago

The Texas Longhorns traveled to Iowa State in hopes of keeping their dream of going dancing in the NCAA Tournament alive. The team led by head coach Shaka Smart walked away with more questions than answers. The team was playing without Jericho Sims inside who will likely miss the rest of the season, dark times in Austin right now.

Injury Bug

The Longhorns are dealing with the injury bug with Jericho Sims out the team had zero inside presence. Michael Jacobson and Soloman Young were able to take advantage in the paint. The duo combined for 38 points on 12-14 shooting. Jacobson came into the game averaging just over six points per game and finished with 21 points and 13 rebounds. Young averages 9.1 points and finished with 17.   Royce Hamm Jr was inserted into the starting lineup but early foul trouble sent him to the bench early on. He provided just one point and two rebounds in 18 minutes. Febres wasn’t able to go in the game but Kai Jones did return giving just three points off the bench. The Longhorns depth was exposed in this game. Matt Coleman played 20 minutes but was hobbling throughout the game. Courtney Ramey finished with a game-high 21 points to lead Texas.

Shaka Smart’s seat is red hot

The worst part about the game is that Smart’s future with the team is in serious jeopardy. The former VCU coach looked like a great hire before he came to Texas as the replacement for Rick Barnes. He led VCU to a Final Four appearance and with the resources at Texas, it seemed like he could get similar results in Austin.

The Longhorns are projected to miss the tournament for the third time in four seasons. The lone appearance in that stretch was a quick first round exit. In fact with Smart leading the team, Texas hasn’t gotten out of the first round. With this latest loss, Smart’s seat is as hot as liquid hot magma. This season likely ends the Shaka experiment and sends Texas Athletic Director Chris Del Conte back to the drawing board.

Another Poor Shooting Performance

Texas shot under 30 percent once again from the field and just 25 percent from three. At the same time they allowed Iowa State to shoot 57.1/40 in those same areas. A big reason for a 29-point loss to the Cyclones. Texas could defend and couldn’t shoot either. When those two things occur, it doesn’t matter who you play, you aren’t winning.

Texas now will host the TCU Horned Frogs up next. At this point it is increasingly difficult to watch this team to play basketball. As the seasons comes to an end in a few weeks, the Shaka Smart watch becomes the focus moving forward.

The question is just who will take over?

Brian Davis, always good for at least one Shaka humdinger a week:

Shaka, once again flummoxed that his next level motivational tactics failed catastrophically. Once again winking to us and saying-not-saying, “it’s the players’ fault.”

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Brian Davis, always good for at least one Shaka humdinger a week:

Shaka, once again flummoxed that his next level motivational tactics failed catastrophically. Once again winking to us and saying-not-saying, “it’s the players’ fault.”

I don’t think I’ve ever heard this fucker say “that’s on me.”

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Like 4

On 2/11/2020 at 4:01 PM, longhornmatt said:

I’ve not paid much attention to this season, but I just looked at our stats.  Will Baker, in all seriousness, may be having the worst season in the history of college basketball. Holy fucking shit.

16.7% from the field 

4% on threes

11% from the FT line (WTF?)

He only has 2 blocked shots for the entire season as a 7 foot All American recruit.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that.  

he went 1-8 today. 

I'm so glad I gave up on the Shaka experiment last year so I didn't have to watch any of this season's  shit.  I was so excited when we hired him. I thought his style of basketball was going to be huge fun to watch.  So much disappoint...  

• Like 2

I'm telling you, Eric Musselman, come on down. Who wouldn't want to see Texas doing this:

also, just go check his resume- he has a long history of developing talent, something that we have not seen at all under Shaka. He's one of the greatest CBA coaches of all time (2nd in win % begins only George Karl). tell me this doesn't sound good:

Musselman began his CBA career in 1988 as the general manager of the Rapid City Thrillers, a franchise his father Bill had coached to three consecutive CBA titles during the 1980s. His first week on the job, he hired Flip Saunders as the team's head coach. Saunders, who was recruited by Bill Musselman when Bill was the head coach at the University of Minnesota during the early 1970s, would go on to be one of the winningest coaches in CBA history before moving to the NBA as coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves.[1]

In the 1989–90 season, at age 23, Musselman became the Thrillers head coach.[1]The following season, Musselman joined his father Bill's staff on the NBA's Minnesota Timberwolves as assistant coach.[2]Prior to joining the Thrillers, Musselman worked for the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers as an assistant to General Manager Elgin Baylor and Barry Hecker, the team's director of scouting.

From 1990–1997, Musselman had 24 players called up to the NBA, the highest number in the league during that span. He holds the distinction of being the only person in CBA history to coach in five league All-Star Games (1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1997) and was the first coach in professional basketball history to win 100 games by the age of 28. When he was 23, Musselman became the youngest coach in CBA history.

oh, and despite being known as an offensive mastermind, he's got his shitty Arkansas squad at no.23 nationally in AdjD in his first year on the job. as far as realistic candidates go, he's about as good as it gets imo. i've been saying this for 3 years now, and i would obviously be excited if he were coaching at Texas next year. also fuck piggy.

Edited by Goo Punch

I'm so glad I gave up on the Shaka experiment last year so I didn't have to watch any of this season's  shit.  I was so excited when we hired him. I thought his style of basketball was going to be huge fun to watch.  So much disappoint...  

I thought UT nailed it when they hired him. How did he make a Final Four?

6 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

I thought UT nailed it when they hired him. How did he make a Final Four?

He had a group of kids recruited by Anthony Grant, before he left for Alabama (dumb move). Now he's head coach at his Alma mater Dayton, and the 6th ranked team in the nation.  Wish he'd stayed @ VCU.

VCU got hot at the right time, and had 2 really good assistants who were implementing the nuts, and bolts of Shakas' HAVOC.

• Like 1

• immamac pinned and featured this topic
  • immamac unpinned this topic
  • immamac locked this topic