Fire Shaka Smart

smokebomb

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

giphy.gif

or maybe not getting completely skullfucked by a bottom half of the league team at home where a win guarantees you an NCAA spot.

millenial pablum from Shaka. fuck this guy.  he's a horrible coach and everyone knows it.  the question is only if CDC wants Texas run by an obvious horrible coach who is completely devoid of any substance.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

What if we win the NIT again?

Can you fire a back-to-back champion coach?

I mean, I could, but I also would've fired this fraudulent sack of crap at least two years ago.

the scenes when we get knocked out of the NIT by Tennessee with a final score of 58-55.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I see everyone's favorite OU hero was 0fer from the field with 4 fouls. There really is just no consistency from game to game with this bunch. Back to needed to win our 1st game in the Big 12 tournament to make the field. So, let's go ahead and mark it down for a loss.

So if OU wins at TCU, then 4 teams would finish 4-4. OU would get the #3 seed because they went 4-2 against the other 3 teams, WVU would the 6th seed because they were 2-4. Texas and Texas Tech would have to go all the way down to the ISU tiebreaker, Tech 2-0, Texas 1-1 to determine that they get the 4th seed.

Texas vs. Tech in the Big 12 quarters.

TCU is up 54-39. Texas will be the 4 seed and Tech 5. WV up to 3 Bc of their Baylor upset. 

Fucking lol. Thank you Shaka for reminding us who you really are. Nothing like getting your ass blown out at home to slap your fans back to reality. It was a nice run but it was an aberration. The guy is a terrible coach

I always wanted the guy gone but finishing the year strong I understand why he might be brought back. It’s only an illusion. There is no improvement. There is no upward trend. It’s only gonna be more of the same. Low level performance and general malaise, complete irrelevance intermittently mixed with a whisper of hope which is soon extinguished.

Fire this putz

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maninblack said:

Imagine a 5 game winning streak blinding you to the 5 years of shit. Hahahahhaahhahaha

We weren't blinded. We were optimistic and hopeful like some fans are. I always want things to come out on top for Texas. If they look like they have a shot at making the tourney, or winning a couple of games in the tourney, or just winning a game or two in the B12 tournament, then I always want them to achieve that. But all of that has more to do with the name across the jersey than whoever the fuck the coach is. I feel like I can support the team and want the coach gone at the same time. 

• Like 2

We have two coaches that are really really soft, and really really fragile, and both who think winning is really really hard.

If the next HFC and head men’s BB coach talk this way, we should really consider folding up this whole shitshow.
We can’t compete, we need to learn how to cheat or learn how to beat a cheat. 

Shaka Smart makes Tom Herman look like Bill Belichick. I'm dead serious- it's hard to do this badly when you've recruited the way he has. it's spectacular failure. it's almost *INCONCEIVABLE* to be this shitty for this many years with nothing but top 8 national recruiting classes. don't let Rex Kramer fool you- Shaka is spectacularly bad; the worst coach at Texas in any sport in my lifetime. To have the players he's had and to be 10 games under .500 in conference play with zero tourney wins is almost impossible. almost. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

We have two coaches that are really really soft, and really really fragile, and both who think winning is really really hard.

If the next HFC and head men’s BB coach talk this way, we should really consider folding up this whole shitshow.
We can’t compete, we need to learn how to cheat or learn how to beat a cheat. 

You sound like a pussy.

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We weren't blinded. We were optimistic and hopeful like some fans are. I always want things to come out on top for Texas. If they look like they have a shot at making the tourney, or winning a couple of games in the tourney, or just winning a game or two in the B12 tournament, then I always want them to achieve that. But all of that has more to do with the name across the jersey than whoever the fuck the coach is. I feel like I can support the team and want the coach gone at the same time. 

At least you're identifying yourself. Good job.

I am willing to bet that there has never been another coach in NCAA basketball history to bring in three consecutive top 8 nationally ranked recruiting classes, only to finish 10 games below .500 in conference play over the next four years. there is zero fucking chance that anyone else has ever done that. none. shaka is all time awful as a basketball coach at this level. period. to recruit this well and perform this poorly is historic ineptitude. 

Edited by Goo Punch

4 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Shaka Smart makes Tom Herman look like Bill Belichick.

Just now, Goo Punch said:

there has never been another coach in NCAA basketball history to bring in three consecutive top 8 nationally ranked recruiting classes, only to finish 10 games below .500 in conference play over the next four years.

You're in rare form tonight. Keep it coming. I want a full Derka analysis on Shaka after this one. 

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You're in rare form tonight. Keep it coming. I want a full Derka analysis on Shaka after this one. 

it is what it is. if given the resources i could make a 30 for 30 that convinced you that shaka smart is the worst coach in college basketball history. "what if i told you that tired platitudes and bedtime stories don't win games?" Shaka Dumb: How the Hottest Name in College Basketball Became the Worst Coach of All Time. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Lunardi has an update--we are the very last team in the field and dropping.

If we don't win next week against Tech, we are out. 

We aren't beating Tech.  we regressed back to the mean on our shooting after being lights out 4 games in a row before the OU game.  I would be shocked if Tech didn't beat us by double digits at least.

Edited by dcar00

11 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

We aren't beating Tech.  we regressed back to the mean on our shooting after being lights out 4 games in a row before the OU game.  I would be shocked if Tech didn't beat us by double digits at least.

Unfortunately Tech actually has a pretty elite coach. That like, gets more out of his guys than would be there on paper. Shocking concept, I know. 

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Lunardi has an update--we are the very last team in the field and dropping.

If we don't win next week against Tech, we are out. 

Keep in mind with this that all it takes is one extra unexpected team grabbing a conference tourney win for us to be knocked out of that spot so it's even more precarious than it looks

8 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Soccer coach too

I'm wondering if the fact that CDC truly needs to make a lot of changes would make him more or less proactive to get rid of Smart.  Things being as they are, imagine he just sits on his ass for a few more months and, for some reason, the football team goes 5-7 or something.  Results be damned, no AD would want to go on a true firing spree.

M bball

W bball

football

soccer

baseball?

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I'm wondering if the fact that CDC truly needs to make a lot of changes would make him more or less proactive to get rid of Smart.  Things being as they are, imagine he just sits on his ass for a few more months and, for some reason, the football team goes 5-7 or something.  Results be damned, no AD would want to go on a true firing spree.

M bball

W bball

football

soccer

baseball?

You'd hope more. Why go into a new arena with zero enthusiasm around the program and a lame duck HC?

• Like 1

Thought Shaka bought himself another year but yesterday made it clear that Texas would be foolish to keep him any longer.  He is clearly a bust after 5 seasons with 40-50 conference record and it’s time to move on.  

3 hours ago, Horn80 said:

yesterday made it clear that Texas would be foolish to keep him any longer. 

thus, the point Goo Punch and others have made-- the late push for this NCAA bid was total fool's gold. The idea that Smrt's five-year tenure can or should be decided by one hot streak culminating in one NCAA bid-- you cannot be a serious athletic department and make decisions like that. You cannot say "our standard is the Top Ten (done the right way!)" and then turn around and continue to employ a coach whose peak is the NCAA bubble. It's obvious Smrt doesn't have what it takes to do what we say we want done here.

Smrt's fate will tell us everything we need to know about how seriously CDC means his rhetoric. 

• Like 6

Thought there was gonna be a big celebration (wedding-like) yesterday....instead, it turned into a funeral.  Shaka....bend over, put your head between your legs, and kiss your ass goodbye.  And, it was the largest crowd of the season, who had to watch this.  Sad, for all of us.

1 minute ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I could live with a close, well played, team effort.  But, when the smoke wafts away, there’s nothing left but broken mirrors and fools gold shit in the bed.

Welcome to Longhorn men's athletics. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I am willing to bet that there has never been another coach in NCAA basketball history to bring in three consecutive top 8 nationally ranked recruiting classes, only to finish 10 games below .500 in conference play over the next four years. there is zero fucking chance that anyone else has ever done that. none. shaka is all time awful as a basketball coach at this level. period. to recruit this well and perform this poorly is historic ineptitude. 

He's kind of the reverse Weltlich. Kaiser Bob couldn't recruit fleas to a dog pound, but he did know the fundamentals of the game. Shaka, meanwhile, can sell sand to a camel, but barely knows how to find the actual court.

Just weird, if you think about it.

Regarding our coaching hires (all sports), do you think we try and learn from poor mistakes? It seems we sure do fuck up a lot. Not just recently, but over the last 40 years. When I semi decent coach is hired, we do well.

Edited by Steel Shank
  • Like 1

Prior to the Okie St drubbing yesterday the worst loss at home since 2002 was a 30 point loss to KU back in 2016. Shaka had his doors blown off repeatedly this season and is responsible for some of the biggest blowouts in Austin. Top notch recruitment classes? Check. Top notch resources available? Check. Top 10 salary? Check. This fucking fraud can't even win an NCAA tourney game to save his life. Shaka legitimately had a chance to nail down a tourney birth yesterday and shit himself in the most fucking colossal way ever in Austin no less. I won't be surprised if he's back for a 6th season, CDC is all talk he won't fire Shaka.

• Like 1

Why does so many people, including CDC, bring up that Shaka is a great person? If he is a great person, go be his friend, invite him to your superbowl watching party, but don't pay the man $3m+ every year to suck at his job. Nice people rarely make great coaches.

• Like 2

• immamac pinned and featured this topic
  • immamac unpinned this topic
  • immamac locked this topic