Fire Shaka Smart

smokebomb

36 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

The 9-9 record and 4th place finish are bigger than 20 wins but if they lose to tech they are out.

Not that it matters much, but the conference will list them as tied for 3rd (along with OU, Tec, WVU) in the regular season. It's like last year, when they listed Tech & KSU as tied for first; the seeding is for the conference tournament rather than the historical record.

4 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

74b0638f4f6b43a1a55f72b457d5c10f.jpg

what a fucking loser. he's practically flaunting his own ineptitude, like he's asking to be fired.

"we just kept imploring our guys to go win the next round." hey Shaka, you're a basketball coach, not a fucking corner man, and even if you were a corner man, imploring your fighter to "go win the next round" over and over would still be shitty, empty, meaningless "coaching". oh, and to then admit that you could see early on that they just didn't have it in them to fight back because they were in such complete shock? get the fuck out of Austin you lame-ass fucking fraud. you're an embarrassment. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaka: Okay, just go win the next round!
Team: But.....how should we do that?
Shaka: This is a long fight...we have to keep at it and keep fighting!
Team: Yeah, but what specifically do we need to do?
Shaka: I don't know...I guess keep running that play where Will sets the pick and pops out for the open 3!
Team: But Will's 15% from 3.
Shaka: Just win the next round and we'll be right in it!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Bitterwhiteguy said:

Not that it matters much, but the conference will list them as tied for 3rd (along with OU, Tec, WVU) in the regular season. It's like last year, when they listed Tech & KSU as tied for first; the seeding is for the conference tournament rather than the historical record.

yeah I know.  but when listed Texas will be 4th.

4 hours ago, 6th Street said:

So the Texas Tech game on Thu is a play in game for the (conference) tournament ...

I’m confused. So, what happened to TT and everyone’s presumptive coaching savior?

I want Shaka G.O.N.E. as much as anyone. But, WTF is up with Beard?  Didn’t he have the same conference schedule and shit the bed just as badly as S3?

I don’t see him as the prize ...

20 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I’m confused. So, what happened to TT and everyone’s presumptive coaching savior?

I want Shaka G.O.N.E. as much as anyone. But, WTF is up with Beard?  Didn’t he have the same conference schedule and shit the bed just as badly as S3?

Rebuilding year.  It happens to the best of them.

42 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Lol. JFC. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

You clearly don’t follow college basketball if you have to ask what happened to Tech.

1 hour ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

You must be completely oblivious. Tech lost the majority of their production from last season, 7 players are gone. They have 7 Freshman on their roster, several grad transfers a sophomore and junior. Clearly Beard is trash if he's unable to replicate last season's success with the roster he's working with this season. Beard is tasked with one of the toughest coaching jobs this season, for Tech to make the tourney is an accomplishment of it's own.

1 minute ago, Chad said:

You must be completely oblivious. Tech lost the majority of their production from last season, 7 players are gone. They have 7 Freshman on their roster, several grad transfers a sophomore and junior. Clearly Beard is trash if he's unable to replicate last season's success with the roster he's working with this season. Beard is tasked with one of the toughest coaching jobs this season, for Tech to make the tourney is an accomplishment of it's own.

Oh yeah well Shaka doesn't have a senior either! tough job! Sad for him!

Texas' national rankings in the 22 categories tracked by Sports-Reference 

51- BLK
91- 3PA
102- 3PM
176- 3P%
178- 2P%
219- TO
226- PF
231- FG%
248- FGA
253- OREB
260- FT%
269- STL
271- FGM
288-AST
297- 2PM
306- 2PA
317- TRB
318- PTS
320- DREB
326- PPG
352- FTA
353- FTM

Top 100 in: 3PA and blocks
between 101-200 in: 3PM, 3P%, 2P%
ranked between 248-353 in: fourteen different categories 

This is unbelievable. Conte just can’t keep this shitty ass coach.

35 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Let’s do a deal with Tech. They get Shaka Big Bertha, and the better Ricky Williams we get Beard and Buddy Holly’s burial cloth.

I don’t like Ricky’s odds with West Texas/Panhandle law enforcement.  They’re printing money busting people driving back from CO with weed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I’m confused. So, what happened to TT and everyone’s presumptive coaching savior?  I want Shaka G.O.N.E. as much as anyone. But, WTF is up with Beard?  Didn’t he have the same conference schedule and shit the bed just as badly as S3?   

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

6 hours ago, Chad said:

For comparison,  in an analogous situation to what Beard is going through this year we went 11-22. 

34 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Except Beard doesn't have the luxury of a freshman-turned-lottery pick.

That team had Jarrett Allen, Andrew Jones, Tevin Mack, Roach and EDJ both coming off freshman seasons where they made the All-Newcomer team in the Big XII, plus bench players like Kendal Yancy, James Banks, and Jacob Young. Show me another coach that wins 11 games with *that* team. I bet you can't find one. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

That team had Jarrett Allen, Andrew Jones, Tevin Mack, Roach and EDJ both coming off freshman seasons where they made the All-Newcomer team in the Big XII, plus bench players like Kendal Yancy, James Banks, and Jacob Young. Show me another coach that wins 11 games with *that* team. I bet you can't find one. 

That was kinda the point I was hoping to make, sir.

yeah but I'm Derka. I belabor the point, loquaciously and verbosely going beyond what needs to be said for reasons unknown to anyone outside the tortured and demented mind of a pflugerville ghetto lyrical wordsmith/basketball genius who won't be appreciated until well after his own time. na mean?

• Haha 2

The concept of a coach "imploring" players to do something is just foriegn to me. I'm old, but I thought coaches taught you how to do things and made you practice those things and then you could fall back on your training and reps to get you through. But wtf do I know?

That's the quote that i'm gonna always remember. That at the end of year five, in a must-win game, at home, against a bad team, all Shaka could offer was, "I kept imploring them to win the next round, but i could see in their eyes early on that they had no fight in them, because they were all in shock at being down early." 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f296d96fa40aa7248654a

gtfo shaka 

15 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

I kept imploring them, go win the basketball, do it for me don’t you love me, oh my God you don’t this is really happening. Anyway go team

Your honor, I strenuously object to the players losing this game!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dnaguy said:

What’s the sense here.... if a cancellation of the ncaa tourney going to happen, does that save Shaka?

But then how will we know what March Warrior to hire based off a single tournament run?! 

5 hours ago, 1leggedduck said:

The concept of a coach "imploring" players to do something is just foriegn to me. I'm old, but I thought coaches taught you how to do things and made you practice those things and then you could fall back on your training and reps to get you through. But wtf do I know?

agreed but then Shaka would fall back to "do what we told you to do!" coaching platitude.

they refused to stop the ball, they refused to take charges, Shaka never adjusted to get or keep the ball out of Disagwa's hands.  It was an epic defensive disaster backed up with our more normal to a bit worse than normal shooting game.  

dude is just a bad coach and obviously doesn't have an eye for players that can shoot.  they are good enough that they can go on a run now and then but its a massive sine wave.

29 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

What’s the sense here.... if a cancellation of the ncaa tourney going to happen, does that save Shaka?

I'm glad it's not cancelled so we can just address how incredibly stupid this comment is

1 minute ago, Teryor said:

I'm glad it's not cancelled so we can just address how incredibly stupid this comment is

If you lose in the play-in game in front of no one, does it really count as a loss? - CDC

16 minutes ago, CheesePie said:

is there a pandemic clause in shaka's contract? I bet there is, that stubborn motherfucker.

Yes. In the event of pandemic, Shaka is promoted to God Emperor King of the Sun and All Below It for eternity. 

2 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

the question is does CDC consider Shaka not getting a chance to have his team play its way into the tournament part of the "run of bad luck".  Poor Shaka!

On 3/10/2020 at 6:30 PM, Goo Punch said:

Wasn’t that the season Roach was our starting point guard? What a disaster.

• Like 1

• immamac pinned and featured this topic
  • immamac unpinned this topic
  • immamac locked this topic