Fire Shaka Smart

smokebomb

20 hours ago, Lobo said:

Wow, didn't realize Kruger had been there 10 years already.  68 years old.  Always thought he looked like an older Will Forte and because Will makes me laugh so damn much, I felt Kruger was the least shitty person at Oklahoma.  But still shitty.  

Kruger is class guy.   I recall his days as the Coach down at Pan American (aka UTRGV).  He made them winners and he even took his teams  he later coached  down there to play his former employer when he didn't have too.    I wouldn't mind see him in Austin, even for a five or so year gig just to get this program on solid footing and he can mentor someone to take over.

Just now, Nueces River Rat said:

Kruger is class guy.   I recall his days as the Coach down at Pan American (aka UTRGV).  He made them winners and he even took his teams  he later coached  down there to play his former employer when he didn't have too.    I wouldn't mind see him in Austin, even for a five or so year gig just to get this program on solid footing and he can mentor someone to take over.

Usually coaches don't announce their retirement and then take a 5 year gig somewhere else.  He could have stayed at OU as long as he wanted. 

1 minute ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Lon just built a house in Vegas and that’s where he and his wife are going to retire so they can be with their grandkids.  If anything, he’ll “consult” UNLV.  He’s done. 

Just now, Js1 said:

Usually coaches don't announce their retirement and then take a 5 year gig somewhere else.  He could have stayed at OU as long as he wanted. 

Yea...  But there is always that chance they change their mind.   Seen it before, but usually after a year or two away from the game.  

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Lon just built a house in Vegas and that’s where he and his wife are going to retire so they can be with their grandkids.  If anything, he’ll “consult” UNLV.  He’s done. 

Perfect situation - gets to be around the grandkids and can just pop into his son's new program at UNLV anytime he wants. 

Good for him! 

• Hook 'Em 1