Fire Shaka Smart

smokebomb

15 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

I don't get into the whole coaching wish list nonsense, nor do I even know much of anything about coaches at other schools, or give a fuck. Besides I have no fucking clue what Specs is

Nice. And you're complaining about a neg on this thread. 

5 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Radford just lost to James Madison, a team that lost to The Citadel and Oral Roberts among others.

in their previous game James Madison lost 67-42 to Old Dominion. 42 total points and a 25 point deficit to ODU, followed up by a win vs Radford.

I'll say this once and move on, but it really pisses me off that we have two particular posters who are very mouthy and belligerent and insulting towards people who don't support Shaka, yet I really never see those people posting about the program otherwise. They don't opine on our team, our players, our coach, our schedule, our starting lineup, or the games we lose. They insult people who don't support Shaka, and other than one of them incessantly scouring twitter for anything that he thinks supports the idea that Shaka is a good coach, these two posters pretty much don't post on the program at all. This is a Texas basketball forum, not a Shaka Smart forum. If you're going to pop in and insult people every time we do well then you should at least stick around to contribute to the other dozen conversations about our program.

rant over. fire shaka.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

And you're the guy handing out negs for a Texas alum saying "we're texas". Ok, bruh

Only responding because I've had a few but "we're Texas" is douchey regardless of being an alum or not and hilariously out of place when talking about basketball.

Texas has zero titles in roundball. Zero.

3 hours ago, immortal13 said:

I meant in general, bro. I don't get into the whole coaching wish list nonsense, nor do I even know much of anything about coaches at other schools, or give a fuck. Besides I have no fucking clue what Specs is

Specs is a Houston based liquor store, but it has grown across much of Texas. Hell, even Lubbock fucked her...um...has one. 

6 hours ago, slorch said:

Bet you $100 Specs giftcard or dinner for the same at Buck’s BBQ  that Chris Beard is not the basketball coach at Texas for the 2019-2020 season. 

Still feel froggy?  Let’s go...

I want in on this. I sent a DM to a guy who has beard’s contract in full. Hopefully he shoots it to me. I’d love to see the “we’re Texas” thing play out when it costs $20mm in April.  I already have called my shot of jerking off on a live cobra. I’d like to double down on that if the money is right. Not a chance UT takes beard if the cumulative buyouts are more than $15mm. 

It's ok, if someone comes calling for Beard we can just get Cody Campbell to money whip him into staying. Tech seems to be where he wants to be though and he will keep winning as long as his recruiting continues to improve at a steady rate as it has been. Ain't worried. 

Jhawk should be more worried about his own team ;)

16 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

I want in on this. I sent a DM to a guy who has beard’s contract in full. Hopefully he shoots it to me. I’d love to see the “we’re Texas” thing play out when it costs $20mm in April.  I already have called my shot of jerking off on a live cobra. I’d like to double down on that if the money is right. Not a chance UT takes beard if the cumulative buyouts are more than $15mm. 

I'll help you find a live cobra if that happens.

Also - either use MM or m for millions. The double M comes from the Roman Numeral M which has come to mean 1,000 x 1,000 in a financial notation context. There's a long dumb history of how that came to be that I won't bore you with.

If we are the same, stale program at the end of this season than I think the decision is an easy one for CDC. We are the same program we forced Rick out of. A .500 conference record and quick first round exit type. 

Its an interesting time because next years roster looks to be the most complete roster we’ve had since the team that started hot and Barnes ran into the ground. Brown and Hamilton’s freshman season.

3 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I, for one, would like more CTJ posts implying we're going to fire Shaka and hire Chris Beard.

I think Texas should try and pull Lucero from Westlake. He's used to coaching under-performing teams overshadowed by the school's football program. 

21 hours ago, slorch said:

Bet you $100 Specs giftcard or dinner for the same at Buck’s BBQ  that Chris Beard is not the basketball coach at Texas for the 2019-2020 season. 

Still feel froggy?  Let’s go...

14 hours ago, Jhawk said:

What kind of dumbfuck would take this bet? Gee, let me bet on a massive buyout and then luring away a guy that requires another massive buyout, vs all of the other possibilities, such as Smart coming back, Texas not buying out Beard, and potentially hiring any other coach. Fucking bandwidth-stupid, Texas Tech-level stupid premise. Only a total fucking idiot would take either of you up on that. I would not take Beard landing here for anything less than 500-1 odds. 

2 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

I, for one, would like more CTJ posts implying we're going to fire Shaka and hire Chris Beard.

Yeah, for those who are imbeciles and can't read or follow fatkid's trolling, I've never implied shit about Chris Beard and would assume Texas has no shot, even if they had interest. That said, the folks in the department at Texas are worried about the decline in fan interest. If Smart can't create enthusiasm for this team, and they're not anything different than the jackoff product he's sprayed onto our fanbase's face over the prior 3 years, then the guy isn't making it to year 5.

Edited by closetojumping
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What kind of dumbfuck would take this bet? Gee, let me bet on a massive buyout and then luring away a guy that requires another massive buyout, vs all of the other possibilities, such as Smart coming back, Texas not buying out Beard, and potentially hiring any other coach. Fucking bandwidth-stupid, Texas Tech-level stupid premise. Only a total fucking idiot would take either of you up on that. I would take Beard landing here for anything less than 500-1 odds. 

Then why do some  people constantly throw that shit out there?  Again, i'm all for banter; but some of it seems to be a little more prevalent in UT fanbase's thought process than just a joke.  " we'll get Beard because by-gawd Texas..."

Indeed, it is a crazy wager.  It matched the discussion.

Edited by slorch

6 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

If we are the same, stale program at the end of this season than I think the decision is an easy one for CDC. We are the same program we forced Rick out of. A .500 conference record and quick first round exit type. 

Its an interesting time because next years roster looks to be the most complete roster we’ve had since the team that started hot and Barnes ran into the ground. Brown and Hamilton’s freshman season.

Is that because DO will be gone?

On 12/3/2018 at 1:05 PM, Jhawk said:

I just looked up Shaka's contract.  If he is fired after this season he is owed $12.9mm.  I don't even think UT boosters are up for that sum.  His contract is fully guaranteed through 2023.  I don't know that he is even touchable until after the 2021 season given his buyout and how little UT Basketball will mean as football starts to take its spot as a NY6+ program again.

Shaka's system will always win games it shouldn't and lose games it shouldn't.  That means it will never string together a deep run more than once a decade.  It will also never string together enough wins to be at the top of the conference.  Shaka as a coach is just going to exist and never do enough to get fired and never do enough to be a "success."  He's pretty much the worst hire possible because what the fuck do you do with him??  He's like being an 8-10 seed in the NBA.  You at best will get torched in the playoffs and you won't see any benefit going into the next season.

CDC's best option is to start fucking with Shaka's staff and tell him he better get someone who can coach offense and he better start coaching the way he got to UT on defense as well.  Put some fire in his belly.  Either that, or self report violations with the FBI stuff (if there is anything to report) and fire his ass for cause.  

UT is just in a bad spot with him and barring some miracle or staff shake up it isn't going to get better. 

Best source for the Shaka Contract details??

Fuck this shit... What the fuck system does this team run?  We thought we hired a guy to run Havok and he gets here and runs this garbage...  It's like we hired Mike Leach and when he gets here he announces he's not running the air raid and is instead going to run a mid 90's, 3 yards and a cloud of dust ball control offense... and fails at it.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Tony Soprano said:

If his buyout is too much then CDC needs to force him to hire an offensive guru assistant. I think every Texas fan is beyond sick of watching his pathetic attempts on the offensive side.

Yes, because forced assistant hirings have such a high probability of success.

The only guy you hire is a new HC.  Whether it's Hoiberg, Donovan (lulz), or <insert hot coach of 2018>.

7 hours ago, slorch said:

Then why do some  people constantly throw that shit out there?  Again, i'm all for banter; but some of it seems to be a little more prevalent in UT fanbase's thought process than just a joke.  " we'll get Beard because by-gawd Texas..."

Indeed, it is a crazy wager.  It matched the discussion.

No it didn't match the discussion. The comment I made was tongue in cheek

• immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic
  • immamac pinned and featured this topic
  • immamac unpinned this topic