Fire Shaka Smart

smokebomb

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

The amazing thing is Shaka will never have a team this good at Texas again even if we don’t fire him.  This (this!?!) was the high water mark. 

Yep. 
but he will always be best friends for life with Matt Coleman. And that’s the kind of thing that is most important. 
I did actually hear that on the broadcast right?  I didn’t dream it? 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

And now to get my kids back to sleep after my profanity-laden tirade just now...I must read to them a chapter from the World's Shortest Book...

"Things Shaka Smart Cannot Fuck Up"  Should be asleep in no time.

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

The amazing thing is Shaka will never have a team this good at Texas again even if we don’t fire him.  This (this!?!) was the high water mark. 

Never! 4 players on this roster will likely get at least 2 way contracts. It's fucking awful he's lasted this long.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

No fucking shit. Fucking embarrassing 

I enjoyed winning that trophy. We can put it in a box with the rest of his stuff and dump it outside his office for Monday morning.  He can take it with him back to...wherever 

• Hook 'Em 2

This should really sting but pretty easy for me to just shrug this shit off with a chuckle at our incompetence at this point. That’s where Shaka has gotten me in regards to basketball fandom. Truly sorry for you guys that are still invested in this team.

CDC fired Herman before I got there in football, doubt he has the balls to sack up and do it again.

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Roll call for all the retards insisting we should be celebrating a conference tourney “championship” where we got a forfeit and dodged the 1 and 2 seeds.

I'll be that.

There's more than enough room to celebrate something successful that we had never done in the history of the program and still understand that Shaka needs to go. 

• Hook 'Em 4

26 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Roll call for all the retards insisting we should be celebrating a conference tourney “championship” where we got a forfeit and dodged the 1 and 2 seeds.

dont forget that we would have been the five seed if we hadn't gotten to avoid playing Baylor a second time because of both a global pandemic and a national weather crisis. fucking close were beating their chests and talking all that shit after we beat Okie State. fuck outta here. 

On 3/11/2021 at 10:37 AM, Machinator said:

Some, uh, interesting intel from Fuck Chip Brown (grain of salt and all that):

Hide contents

Texas basketball coach Shaka Smart has two years remaining on a guaranteed contract after this season that will pay him $3.5 million for the 2021-22 season and $3.6 million for the 2022-23 season.

A source close to Smart told Horns247 the six-year Texas coach with a record of 107-85 (.557) will be expecting a contract extension after this season, and if that doesn’t happen, Smart will listen to offers for other jobs.

Shaka just fucked himself good... Please take another job Shaka !!!

Zero NCAA Tournament Wins at TEXAS

2 minutes ago, ChemicalHorn said:

This should really sting but pretty easy for me to just shrug this shit off with a chuckle at our incompetence at this point. That’s where Shaka has gotten me in regards to basketball fandom. Truly sorry for you guys that are still invested in this team.

CDC fired Herman before I got there in football, doubt he has the balls to sack up and do it again.

This is where I am too. I barely even cared down the stretch. What's the fucking point? I just watched 39 minutes of some of the worst coached basketball I've ever seen at any level. Squeaking it out at the end would have changed that - how? 

I don't think I'll ever get to that level of apathy in football but Herman got me close. 

There is so much irony in all of this. Shaka's ENTIRE REPUTATION is built on one magical tournament run from 10 years ago at VCU, and he can't buy a tournament win at TEXAS. Not only that, but the game that should end it all was a loss to a team that played with the same spirit and defensive intensity that sparked that run. All of which he was supposed to bring here. Time is a flat circle I guess???

Can we have a real coach now?

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I'll be that.

There's more than enough room to celebrate something successful that we had never done in the history of the program and still understand that Shaka needs to go. 

That’s not who he was talking about. I’m happy we got that piece of hardware. Cool. Now let’s tell Shaka to GTFO. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Juke_Em said:

Northern Iowa in 2016. Nevada in 2018. Abilene Christian in 2021. He's done here!

Half court buzzer beater 

Blew a huge lead

Lost as a 3 seed with best team ever 

3 NCAAs of ineptitude 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Machinator said:

If by some miracle (or measure of ineptitude/apathy) Shaka makes it out of this unscathed, he would do well to find a soft landing. Next year won't help his resume.

He has two more years of guaranteed pay. In all likelihood, he keeps coaching even as a lame duck coach. Are boosters going to pony up for basketball right after the seismic payouts in football? I doubt it. Texas isn't a men's basketball school.

We'll fuck this up and drag it out for several weeks longer than it needs to be.  

This is just the beginning of this debacle.  Only more of buckets of shit to eat thanks to Shaka's incompetence.  Six fucking years into this thing, maybe UT wouldn't learn anything...but you'd think maybe Shaka would at least pick up a nugget of information here and there about the game of basketball.  

The transfer portal is about to as full as a Bill & Ted phone booth with guys abandoning this shitshow.  I can only assume we lose 1 or 2 recruits as well.

Edited by Lobo

6 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Was he a better recruiter? Not
Sure about that.

Shaka has had three national top 8 classes, and next year's class is no.12 nationally, and likely to add another player or two. he is literally one of the 5 or 6 best recruiters in the country, based on his career thus far. 

• Fuck You 1

He just wont the big 12. He's not getting fired. Did just enough to save his ass for another year. Another year that I will not watch one single UT basketball game. After watching the first half, and 3 minutes into the 2nd, I turned off the TV. Same bullshit undisciplined half court offense. There was probably a 8 minute stretch where the ball was never passed to a guy in a post position. Just 4 dudes dribbling around the 3 point line and then jacking up a jumpshot. 

The same exact shit from the first year of Shaka's offense. The SAME exact shit for most all of Barne's tenure. 

Edited by crash_davis

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Shaka Smart is:

•a better recruiter than Barnes

•a worse head coach than Penders 

•fields teams that are as tough to watch as Weltlich teams

sooooooooo, let's fire him. now. 

Kevin Durant, DJ Augustin, TJ Ford, Avery Bradley, among many others versus Greg Brown, Matt Coleman, and Mo Bamba. Shaka is not a better recruiter than Barnes. Just watch what will happen next year. It certainly can’t be called a reload under Shaka 

This fucking loser parlayed a lucky ass run at VCU. His team was not that good that year and just got hot for a week. Played way over their heads. Never even came close to duplicating that. At least Rick Barnes followed up his Final 4 with a few Elite 8 appearances in the following years. And no, I want no part of Rick as he sucks, too. But at least he put it together in the tournament.

Shaka is 0-3 and all 3 games have been embarrassing. Losing to Northern Iowa and now Abilene Christian who had zero athletes, zero playmakers and zero talent. Blew a big lead to Nevada last time. 

Fuck him.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• immamac pinned and featured this topic
  • immamac unpinned this topic
  • immamac locked this topic