Knives Out. Ensemble of pretty much all the great actors/actresses

Parliament

• 4 months later...

I thought this was one of the better movies I've seen in a theater in a while.  Hollywood needs movies like this to convince them it's worth it to make things that aren't superheroes or sequels. 

If people are bitching about Rian Johnson with this one then they're just being sensitive little bitches.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Macanudo said:

I thought it was a pretty decent "who-dun-it" movie that entertained.   Saw it for matinee prices in reclining theaters seats on a quiet Friday.   Well worth $6.

Haven't seen it, but that's where I had it rated by the previews. The trailers seemed forced. I'll wait for HBO.

Saw it last night. Whole family enjoyed it. Teenage kids talked about it for an hour afterward--where they guessed right/where the guessed wrong. For the money I spent, good time and the rare film that everyone liked. And yes, Ana is a cutie.

13 hours ago, fellside said:

I thought this was one of the better movies I've seen in a theater in a while.  Hollywood needs movies like this to convince them it's worth it to make things that aren't superheroes or sequels. 

If people are bitching about Rian Johnson with this one then they're just being sensitive little bitches.

This, it was a good movie that was different than a lot of the big budget movies that are constantly coming out. It was a little heavy handed in some of the clues that were given through the movie, but it was overall a good storyline and well acted.

Such a fun movie. Daniel Craig was great, but it was so cool seeing Jamie Lee Curtis and Don Johnson in it. I personally loved the movie. I watched it because a friend went to the NYC premiere last week and thought it was amazing and he almost never recommends movies to me.

Saw it this Wednesday and then again on Saturday with my GF. The plot is cool and the humor makes it fun. Chris Evans had a great role as well. Highly suggest seeing it if you enjoy murder mysteries. The scene that showed an Angela Lansbury "Murder She Wrote" cameo was pretty funny if you are old enough to know that show.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, RPM said:

Haven't seen it, but that's where I had it rated by the previews. The trailers seemed forced. I'll wait for HBO.

It's a good movie to see in a full theatre. Some funny scenes make it worthwhile to see it with other people. It has some very good plot twists. Daniel Craig was very good. He really pulled off the southern gentleman accent. I grew up listening to people who talked like him. I enjoyed him speaking like that much more than I did any of the actual southern gentlemen. 

Edited by UpperWestside

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:42 PM, fellside said:

Exactly.  And of course, I'm the one guy who loved TLJ and loved what Johnson did with that movie.  But I really enjoyed it, and I know it's good because my wife, who I drag to movies like this that she knows nothing about and usually just says "meh" and nods of, was really engaged and laughed quite a few times.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:45 AM, DanRydell said:

Great acting and a lot of fun. I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen this year. 

Agreed.

I thought this was a massive letdown and the whole thing is one big eyeroll.

I am normally not very critical about movies, but I thought this was a pretty large pile of shit.

Reading through this thread I am obviously in the minority, so I guess it is just me.

• Like 1

I thought this was a massive letdown and the whole thing is one big eyeroll.

I am normally not very critical about movies, but I thought this was a pretty large pile of shit.

Reading through this thread I am obviously in the minority, so I guess it is just me.
Largely agree with this.

Thought Johnson did great, though. And loved the M Emmet Walsh cameo.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 1:00 PM, ATLLonghorn said:

I thought it was great and Daniel Craig in a genteel southern accent saying  

Reveal hidden contents

“ What where the words overheard by the nazi child masturbating in the bathroom?”

is one of the all time great movie line deliveries.

Yes, any lines involving that character are great. Also him going off about donut holes.

I liked it far more than I thought I would. Daniel Craig with his ridiculous accent should've annoyed the shit out of me, as should the rest of the over-the-topness of the movie itself, but somehow it worked. Everyone just looked like they were having a ton of fun playing against type. Chris Evans plays a douchebag, Toni Collette is a Gwyneth Paltrow/GOOP type, the normally-terrifying Michael Shannon is a shrinking violet limping around with a cane, and so on. My 11-yo and I both really enjoyed it.

• Like 2

I enjoyed the movie but I like mysteries and Agatha Christie novels/movies. Thought it had a great cast/acting. I will say that I’ve seen better murder mystery movies on Netflix/Amazon prime in the last 6 months but I enjoyed it nevertheless. Would probably recommend to others to wait until it’s on the movie channels to see it.

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Apparently they may make more of these with Daniel Craig's character being the anchor in all of them.

My sources tell me that it will star David Hasselhoff, Sigourney Weaver, Christian Bale, Ian McKellen, Skylar from Breaking Bad, the weird kid from Stranger Things, Ray Liotta, Key or Peele, and an actress that’s pure smoke that I’ve never hear of.