Austin dreams

texasdago

On 7/3/2019 at 8:06 PM, dcbc said:

If you can find a small town near a big town solution where the traffic between the two isn't awful, then do that.  I'm from Houston (and love it apart from the oppressive heat/humidity during the summer), have a mom who still lives there whose house never has flooded in forty years, which had some flooding during Harvey.  So I get the idea of leaving.  I also adore my memory of Austin (early to mid 90s) and enjoy going to Austin on vacation (to visit relatives), but short of winning the lottery, I wouldn't move there today. 

If you can, find a place that is starting to grow and move there. 

Yeah, where I want to live is Austin...in 1988. 

Everybody loves Austin when they first get there and hates everything that happens after that.

I lived there from 1988-2003, and when I left I just couldn't take it anymore.  Now I hear people all the time talking about how good it was back in the early 2000's.

Move to Marfa.  They even have a Prada.

• Like 1

It's funny... I have good memories of Austin when I was there and I make good memories in Austin today.  I try not to look at "oh, it used to be this way" but "look what it's become now".  If you try, you can find more positives than negatives... unless we're talking Detroit or College Station.

You're wanting to move to Austin?  Might want to take a look at city leaders and see what they're doing to the city and how it's being run into the ground.  It's pretty much unbridled maniacal lunacy that isn't likely to change anytime soon. 

The "Keep Austin Weird' shirts are cute, though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

You're wanting to move to Austin?  Might want to take a look at city leaders and see what they're doing to the city and how it's being run into the ground.  It's pretty much unbridled maniacal lunacy that isn't likely to change anytime soon. 

The "Keep Austin Weird' shirts are cute, though. 

LOL.  Meanwhile in Houston our mayor and city council cowtow to developers to prevent anything real from being done about flooding.  Each day I see more permeable land paved over.  I can also tell you this, the roads in Austin > roads in Houston.  Houston is cracked rim central.  At least in Austin you can bitch about your local representation on a boat in a lake.  We can do so while walking our pet mosquitoes.  

Edited by texasdago

Look, that homeless ordinance is absurd and I think enough pushback from the community will eventually work.  Next time you're in Houston, come out for a Dynamo or Astros game.  We'll find a nice parking spot under the Pierce Elevated.  I'll show you a community BBQ.  We can then run over to D&B the Beer Station to get some drinks for the evening where another lovely tent city is growing.  On the way back, we can pick your favorite homeless person on the corner of Hillcroft/Voss and Westheimer.  There's a few on each corner to pick from.  If not, I have some other ones that might work, as well.

I love Austin... but just like some Austinites think they invented food trucks, others think they invented homelessness.  

21 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Look, that homeless ordinance is absurd and I think enough pushback from the community will eventually work.  Next time you're in Houston, come out for a Dynamo or Astros game.  We'll find a nice parking spot under the Pierce Elevated.  I'll show you a community BBQ.  We can then run over to D&B the Beer Station to get some drinks for the evening where another lovely tent city is growing.  On the way back, we can pick your favorite homeless person on the corner of Hillcroft/Voss and Westheimer.  There's a few on each corner to pick from.  If not, I have some other ones that might work, as well.

I love Austin... but just like some Austinites think they invented food trucks, others think they invented homelessness.  

Dude, just stop right there. Everyone gets that you're wildly tired of Houston, and you love to take as many little potshots as possible as you search for your own personal paradise in Austin, and that's cool, everyone is entitled to their opinions. But you can stop short comparing the homeless situation in Houston to the homeless situation in Austin. And Austin continually gets worse and worse. So maybe stop comparing an overpass in downtown Houston, a city with 7 million people, to an entire entertainment district in Austin, which has a population of what, 2 million people? Plus they have a number of tent cities as well.

Here's some fun facts about Houston: It's population of homeless has declined 54% since 2011. <source> Houston has become a model on how to handle the homeless.

Austin has over 2k homeless, although it also says that throughout the year, almost 8k people in Austin have experienced homelessness.  Greater Houston is 2.5 times the size of Greater Austin, and yet has only 4k homeless to Austin's 2k, and it sounds like at any given time of year there might be literally 2x as many homeless people in Austin versus Houston. <source> 

And your notion that "Oh, with enough pushback things will change" is pretty absurd, specifically because people have been complaining about the local government in Austin for what, a decade now, and nothing seems to have changed whatsoever. There are several Surly threads lamenting the state of things. Greg Abbot is literally threatening to take matters into his own hands. Does that sound like the kind of situation to you where it's easy to change the local politics that are making these decisions?

Don't shit on Houston's homeless situation just because you're sick of the city and want to see what you want to see in Austin. Because Houston isn't passing laws allowing the homeless to camp wherever the fuck they want. You talk about everyone seeing what they want to see in a city and lamenting the changes in Austin, but you're doing the exact fucking thing in regards to Houston while you lionize Austin. In this instance, facts don't support you. Maybe pay attention when literally dozens upon dozens of Surly posters shit all over the homelessness situation...they probably actually have good reason and they live and work there every day, while you're dismissing their situation and opinions from afar.  

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

I'm not glossing over your homeless situation but even my nice part of town, someone caught a homeless guy sleeping in his backyard two weeks ago... and about three months ago, we had two guys who kept trying to camp out over here.   I get the situation sucks there.  I've seen the little camp sites on South Congress and right over by 71 and know its a problem.  I see how business owners are complaining about it more.   

There's a lot I love about Houston and there are so many hidden and not-so-hidden gems there that, in many ways, are just as great as the hipster spots in Austin.  But the homeless problem can be fixed in Austin as it has been fixed in Houston.  I'm taking a potshot at Houston when it comes to flooding because our problem is a multi-billion dollar issue and I don't have faith that it will get fixed.  The economic impact of Harvey was felt across the country.  That's a bigger problem to fix and our leadership sucks, too.... aaaand in Austin you have some misguided individuals who think they are being kind by letting the homeless people camp where they want unlike Houston where homebuilders and developers are lining the pockets of our politicians.  Nothing is going to change here when it comes to unfettered development and lack of zoning.  Its something Austin residents have bagged on Houston for years.  Now the chickens are coming home to roost with each storm.

44 minutes ago, texasdago said:

I'm not glossing over your homeless situation but even my nice part of town, someone caught a homeless guy sleeping in his backyard two weeks ago... and about three months ago, we had two guys who kept trying to camp out over here.   I get the situation sucks there.  I've seen the little camp sites on South Congress and right over by 71 and know its a problem.  I see how business owners are complaining about it more.   

There's a lot I love about Houston and there are so many hidden and not-so-hidden gems there that, in many ways, are just as great as the hipster spots in Austin.  But the homeless problem can be fixed in Austin as it has been fixed in Houston.  I'm taking a potshot at Houston when it comes to flooding because our problem is a multi-billion dollar issue and I don't have faith that it will get fixed.  The economic impact of Harvey was felt across the country.  That's a bigger problem to fix and our leadership sucks, too.... aaaand in Austin you have some misguided individuals who think they are being kind by letting the homeless people camp where they want unlike Houston where homebuilders and developers are lining the pockets of our politicians.  Nothing is going to change here when it comes to unfettered development and lack of zoning.  Its something Austin residents have bagged on Houston for years.  Now the chickens are coming home to roost with each storm.

It's like you didn't read anything I said, and then you attempted to move the goalposts to Houston's fucking flooding problem. Just fucking stop. 

"Even in my part of town someone caught a homeless guy in his backyard." Oh, so this is the equivalent of literally hundreds upon hundreds of dudes sleeping all over the most famous entertainment district in Austin where kids go to drink and people visit? Got it. Do you realize how absurd it sounds to say "One time a homeless guy tried to sleep in my neighborhood" and comparing yourself to Austin or San Francisco?

"Two guys kept trying to camp out" Oh yeah, and what happened to those guys? Because Kept Trying sounds like "Didn't succeed" and that is vastly different than what Austin now allows, BY LAW. If this were Austin, they'd be in your neighborhood as permanent residents and you wouldn't be able to do shit about it. 

You weren't taking a potshot about flooding in Houston, you compared the homelessness to Austin casually. You dismissed the warts on Austin, compared them incorrectly to Houston because you're fed up with Houston, and you got called out for it by me. And you know what, the flooding in Austin isn't the same problem as it is in Houston and if I attempted to casually imply otherwise, you and everyone else would call me a fucking idiot, justifiably so. You've now gone down your rabbit hole about Houston graft, and flooding issues, and blah blah yeah, it's a fucking problem, we all know it. But no one disputing that, it was your shit about homeless people in Houston. 

We get it. You prefer Austin. Cool man, we're all cheering for you to get back there and be happy. But if you're going to shit on areas of Houston out the door, stick to the ones you can support with facts. If you take notice, you complain about politicians lining their pockets in Houston, and the zoning shit and you have no faith it will ever change, but you're somehow bullish that the local government of Austin is actually going to implement these changes to improve things despite a long track record of the exact opposite, while in Houston it's hopeless. Again, you're seeing what you want to see. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

It all depends what people want/need for their families.  I get it... and I know Austin's not perfect but it seems like it could be a better fit for us.   You know, for some people Houston is a better fit.  Or Dallas, or SA.  And each place has their pros and cons.  Sydney feels very passionate about the homeless situation in Austin.  I feel very passionate about flooding in Houston.  Its a matter of where one places priorities and, yes, its very personal.

17 minutes ago, texasdago said:

It all depends what people want/need for their families.  I get it... and I know Austin's not perfect but it seems like it could be a better fit for us.   You know, for some people Houston is a better fit.  Or Dallas, or SA.  And each place has their pros and cons.  Sydney feels very passionate about the homeless situation in Austin.  I feel very passionate about flooding in Houston.  Its a matter of where one places priorities and, yes, its very personal.

I mean, it's not that personal to me, at least not the priorities. I'm not passionate about the homeless anywhere, but sure, I guess I'm pretty passionate about where I live. It's one thing to watch you constantly take shots at Houston on the way out the door, but I do get irritated when your disparaging comments are flat out falsehoods. 

You couldn't pay me to live in New York city, practically for any sum of money, but I know people who love it there, and Penelope Witherspoon was super excited to move that direction. It's a great fit for her I get it. 

"constantly take shots at Houston on the way out the door,"

Why?  Why is that such an issue.

Go through my posts on this thread. My main gripe starts with and is related to:  

1) Flooding. 

F dude, how can a Houston resident not take shots about the flooding situation here.  It is getting worse and our city is avoiding dealing with it.  City council is waiving the rules they put in place and nothing is changing. Google "Houston developers flooding".  Here are some sample results: https://psmag.com/environment/houston-we-have-a-development-in-a-floodplain-problem or https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/in-depth/2019/06/05/335836/houston-flood-czar-stopping-development-in-100-year-floodplain-not-going-to-happen/.  One of the reasons the NFIP is a disaster is because of the system in place in a city like Houston where, because of the topography (or lack thereof) causes flooding to happen everywhere.  Instead of addressing it, they kick the can down the road. 

According to the Texas Tribune, "Houston’s flooding issues are important because more people die in Houston from flooding than in any other city. No other urban area in America has flooded as much as Houston in the last 40 years." Yes, I will take potshots at this all day and if you truly want to understand, read https://houston.texastribune.org/boomtown-floodtown/

Related is that it sucks feeling the anxiety of every storm after going through Harvey.  Every time something brews in the Atlantic, I worry.  Houston has collective PTSD after Harvey.  

Otherwise, I've made a couple of comments on mosquitoes because they suck and said some things about homelessness.  If you have a problem with my issue with flood mitigation in Houston, whatever.   

Edited by texasdago

1 hour ago, wood said:

It's funny for me to read about people building their exit strategies to get to Austin from where they are now. Mrs. Wood (no pics this time) and I are starting to build our exit strategy to gtfo Austin.

I think it's funny that people care so much about where other people choose to live, in general, you know?  Not singling you out here, there are plenty of things I don't like about Austin.

But there's also plenty I still do like about Austin and, given my current professional and personal situations, age of my kids, proximity to extended family, and all other factors, Austin is a great fit for me and my family.

I certainly don't think it's a great fit for everyone though.  Just not sure why so many folks seem insistent that "their" favorite version of Austin is the only one worthy of enjoying?  It's really quite odd how narrow-minded people seem to get on this subject, and especially on this Longhorn-focused message board where I'd expect the level of education and somewhat liberal views of our university's graduates and fans to be demonstrably more tolerant and open-minded.  

Just my opinion, obviously. *shrug*

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, texasdago said:

"constantly take shots at Houston on the way out the door,"

Why?  Why is that such an issue.

Go through my posts on this thread. My main gripe starts with and is related to:  

1) Flooding. 

F dude, how can a Houston resident not take shots about the flooding situation here.  It is getting worse and our city is avoiding dealing with it.  City council is waiving the rules they put in place and nothing is changing. Google "Houston developers flooding".  Here are some sample results: https://psmag.com/environment/houston-we-have-a-development-in-a-floodplain-problem or https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/in-depth/2019/06/05/335836/houston-flood-czar-stopping-development-in-100-year-floodplain-not-going-to-happen/.  One of the reasons the NFIP is a disaster is because of the system in place in a city like Houston where, because of the topography (or lack thereof) causes flooding to happen everywhere.  Instead of addressing it, they kick the can down the road. 

According to the Texas Tribune, "Houston’s flooding issues are important because more people die in Houston from flooding than in any other city. No other urban area in America has flooded as much as Houston in the last 40 years." Yes, I will take potshots at this all day and if you truly want to understand, read https://houston.texastribune.org/boomtown-floodtown/

Related is that it sucks feeling the anxiety of every storm after going through Harvey.  Every time something brews in the Atlantic, I worry.  Houston has collective PTSD after Harvey.  

Otherwise, I've made a couple of comments on mosquitoes because they suck and said some things about homelessness.  If you have a problem with my issue with flood mitigation in Houston, whatever.   

Dude, I don't want to continue this back and forth on a thread that is supposed to be productive for what you're trying to accomplish. No one has ever tried to argue about the flood issues and the fact Houston doesn't seem to be doing shit about it, nor do they care to do anything about it. It's frustrating. I've never debated you about that, nor would I. I'm very familiar to the issues. I worked hard and extended beyond my means to buy a home that would be real, real hard to flood. 

I'm sorry you have anxiety over it, and PTSD. I get it. It's fine. It's not really rated to your complaints about mosquitos, your claim that Austin Bergstrom was a better (at least cheaper) airport, you saying Houston's roads were shitty (not sure they seem any different to me than anywhere else I've ever been) all the while downplaying legit Austin political lunacy while harping on Houston's political issues, and then comparing one of the worst homeless cities in the country in Austin to one that has become a model of how to improve the numbers of homeless in Houston. 

But this is your thread. You do you, man, I'll take a hike and apologize to everyone else for the derail. 

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

I think it's funny that people care so much about where other people choose to live, in general, you know?  Not singling you out here, there are plenty of things I don't like about Austin.

But there's also plenty I still do like about Austin and, given my current professional and personal situations, age of my kids, proximity to extended family, and all other factors, Austin is a great fit for me and my family.

I certainly don't think it's a great fit for everyone though.  Just not sure why so many folks seem insistent that "their" favorite version of Austin is the only one worthy of enjoying?  It's really quite odd how narrow-minded people seem to get on this subject, and especially on this Longhorn-focused message board where I'd expect the level of education and somewhat liberal views of our university's graduates and fans to be demonstrably more tolerant and open-minded.  

Just my opinion, obviously. *shrug*

Whoa. You got all of that out of that post?

I don't really care where anyone else wants to live. It was just an offhand comment about the bigger picture. I don't have a perfect, narrow version of Austin that's the only acceptable one or that everyone else should like. While I certainly don't like recent trends and where I see Austin headed, if someone else wants to move here, esp someone not from California, then more power to 'em! I've lived here more than 40 years, raised a family here, paid off a house here, paid a shit-ton of property taxes here, worked a full career in the FD here, etc. There's stuff I still like about Austin, or I wouldn't have done all that. That doesn't mean I won't at least consider other options going forward.

Edited by wood
  • Like 2

Just now, wood said:

Whoa. You got all of that out of that post?

I don't really care where anyone else wants to live. I was just an offhand comment about the bigger picture. I don't have a perfect, narrow version of Austin that's the only acceptable one or that everyone else should like. While I certainly don't like recent trends and where I see Austin headed, if someone else wants to move here, then more power to 'em!

Wasn't just you my friend.  You and I are cool. :)

Just a common and prevalent opinion and theme I see on this message board in general, and repeatedly on this very thread as well.  Your specific comment about wanting to GTFO while others still clearly see value here, simply caught my eye as an example of this common trend I see.

I have a somewhat unique perspective on Austin, I was born and raised here in the 70s and 80s, went to undergrad at UT in the 90s, went to grad school at UT in the 2000s, and have never lived anywhere else.  I've seen it through every decade that the majority of surly laments as the "best ever" (excepting the even longer histories of oldtimers like armybrat of course) and there are things that I appreciate, and things I dislike, about each era.

I've also been fortunate enough to travel extensively all over the world in my professional life, and there are plenty of places I absolutely love, but I've still never found one that I thought was a better fit for me and my family-- for the time being.

My kids are 10yo and 12yo, there will come a day when they move out and are on their own and when that happens, it's highly likely I'll leave Austin.  Not for any specific problems here, but more because I want to get away from ANY city, get away from people, and get a little more GD peace and quiet in my life! :)

Just my opinions.  Your mileage may vary.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Hate said:

It’s not very difficult to live somewhere it doesn’t flood in the Houston area.

This. Moved to Houston (chose it over my hometown of Austin) from out of state earlier this year. Finding a home inside the loop that doesn’t flood wasn’t difficult.

Moved to Texas in 1993, left in 1994.  Returned in 1996, left in 1998.  Returned in 1999.  Been here since June of 1999....so right at 20 years consecutive...23 years overall.   but being born in AUstin makes you special.  better than the rest.  It charms me listening to people who were born here who have all of absolutely jackshit with anything remotely positive happening to Austin.  It's hard to tell people we don't need 'em anymore.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Moved to Texas in 1993, left in 1994.  Returned in 1996, left in 1998.  Returned in 1999.  Been here since June of 1999....so right at 20 years consecutive...23 years overall.   but being born in AUstin makes you special.  better than the rest.  It charms me listening to people who were born here who have all of absolutely jackshit with anything remotely positive happening to Austin.  It's hard to tell people we don't need 'em anymore.  

What about the people who aren't from Austin that keep fucking it up?  Can we tell them we don't need em anymore?

• Like 2

In the end, one of the primary reasons I want to move out is to be closer to opportunities to spend time outdoors, to go hiking, to creeks, lakes, enjoy the scenery (I have always preferred hills and mountains to flat terrain) and just get outside.  I make that a big priority in my life, even if the humid climate here.  I always feel that way when we visit places in Colorado, California, when we go back to Italy, wherever... I'm drawn to the outdoors.  I don't feel like I can do that now where I live to the extent that I want to.  That's why Austin will fit our lifestyle more than Houston will.  Absent issues on flooding or whatever, that is the key driver that made me decide to make the move.  

I see why someone would want to move to Houston and there are definite advantages.  Yes, we could find a house inside the loop... what we get would have to be different/downsize and we would not be zoned to SBISD schools anymore.  I'm not going to pay private tuition for a Second Baptist or St. Johns or Awty or whatever so living Inside the Loop is not the ideal solution.  Yeah, I'd love a house in the Heights but, let's talk schools beyond elementary school.  

The positives in Austin outweigh the negatives and I'm going in with an optimistic attitude.  If you want to chase someone away, chase the people who come from Sunnyvale or Mountain View or wherever who come in and drive the real estate values up and talk about "Lady Bird Lake"

Edited by texasdago
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, texasdago said:

In the end, one of the primary reasons I want to move out is to be closer to opportunities to spend time outdoors, to go hiking, to creeks, lakes, enjoy the scenery (I have always preferred hills and mountains to flat terrain) and just get outside.  I make that a big priority in my life, even if the humid climate here.  I always feel that way when we visit places in Colorado, California, when we go back to Italy, wherever... I'm drawn to the outdoors.  I don't feel like I can do that now where I live to the extent that I want to.  That's why Austin will fit our lifestyle more than Houston will.  Absent issues on flooding or whatever, that is the key driver that made me decide to make the move.  

This is actually a great reason to move to Austin.  I get to live in the middle of a big city and still take my kids outdoors on a weekly basis.  Not many places you can do that.  

4 hours ago, texasdago said:

If you want to chase someone away, chase the people who come from Sunnyvale or Mountain View or wherever who come in and drive the real estate values up and talk about "Lady Bird Lake"

Any time I hear someone say “Lady Bird Lake” I punch them right in the face. Haven’t been arrested yet.

16 hours ago, Lobo said:

Born and raised in Austin.  Spent more than 20 consecutive years there and more than 23 overall.

You, the cedar, and the traffic and suck a big old bag of deeks....;)

Edited by BabaYaga

On 9/13/2019 at 10:23 AM, texasdago said:

Any perspectives on Shady Hollow, Shady Hollow West and Shady Hollow Estates?  

A good buddy of mine lives in Shady Hollow, and he's a realtor in the area. His place is freaking awesome, he has a massive yard, backs up to a huge park, neighborhood is pretty with lots of trees, deer aren't uncommon. It's a great place to live, they love it. If there's no traffic, 15 minutes into Austin. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

A good buddy of mine lives in Shady Hollow, and he's a realtor in the area. His place is freaking awesome, he has a massive yard, backs up to a huge park, neighborhood is pretty with lots of trees, deer aren't uncommon. It's a great place to live, they love it. If there's no traffic, 15 minutes into Austin. 

seth meyers lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Google maps shows no traffic between center of downtown and center of shady hollow at 25mts here midday.  I’m sure morning or early evening  commutes are probably less time because that’s how austin real estate works obviously.  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Google maps shows no traffic between center of downtown and center of shady hollow at 25mts here midday.  I’m sure morning or early evening  commutes are probably less time because that’s how austin real estate works obviously.  

Shrug, I'm no expert on Austin Traffic, my man. I was basing that on the fact it took us 20 minutes down mopac to visit them from our hotel in the Arboretum the saturday of the LSU game. Figured 15 to downtown Austin seemed pretty reasonable. 

7 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Why move to austin if you are going to live in the suburbs? Go rural or go into town

Kids.

Town not going to happen.   Yeah, I'd like it.... would love to live closer to Zilker etc but, uh, not a good value and more beyond that.  Not good for us.  So either Lakeway or Burbs.

Not knocking life choices, we live a bit further out of downtown than I'd prefer, but it's simply bullshit that needs to be called out when realtors spew this, "Just 10 minutes from downtown."  It's not, tell them how far it really is, or encourage them to look it up, or better yet---do your fucking job and if they want something 15 minutes from downtown---show them something that's 15 minutes from downtown.  It ain't rocket science.  I can't believe your profession is quickly being replaced by software platforms when you so clearly bring so much bullshit expertise to the table.  

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Not knocking life choices, we live a bit further out of downtown than I'd prefer, but it's simply bullshit that needs to be called out when realtors spew this, "Just 10 minutes from downtown."  It's not, tell them how far it really is, or encourage them to look it up, or better yet---do your fucking job and if they want something 15 minutes from downtown---show them something that's 15 minutes from downtown.  It ain't rocket science.  I can't believe your profession is quickly being replaced by software platforms when you so clearly bring so much bullshit expertise to the table.  

The funny thing is any idiot can pull up Google maps and check their BS.  Its so easy.  

5 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Yep, if you have to add how easy it is in minuted to get to DT Austin it's because it isn't. 15 min might be to the 5th St exit however it's probably another 15 min from there into actual DT.

This is the truth.  I get on Mopac at 45th Street and take the Caesar Chavez exit to my building at First and Congress.  Usually it takes longer to get from Mopac to my building than it does from my house to the Caesar Chavez exit.  Didn't use to be that way 5 years ago [shakes fist at cloud].

TexasDago, I might be able to give you a few thoughts on the topic. I grew up in Austin, lived in Houston for several years (sugar land), spent a lot of time in San Antonio (wife from there)and lived in Dallas for several years. I’m now back in Austin. I’m also a real estate investor with a license and have driven almost every neighborhood in the Austin area when we were trying to figure out where to move back to a year ago. Feel free to PM me.

45 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

TexasDago, I might be able to give you a few thoughts on the topic. I grew up in Austin, lived in Houston for several years (sugar land), spent a lot of time in San Antonio (wife from there)and lived in Dallas for several years. I’m now back in Austin. I’m also a real estate investor with a license and have driven almost every neighborhood in the Austin area when we were trying to figure out where to move back to a year ago. Feel free to PM me.

Don’t listen to him. He’s going to lure you into a shed in the middle of nowhere. I almost fell for that.