Body cam footage of suicide by cop- obviously graphic

Goo Punch

my biggest takeaway- these cops never once had control of the situation. even after the kid (who must be on pcp or something) gets shot up like five times by the one cop, he still manages to get up and overpower another cop who was essentially helpless to keep this kid (who again is already shot full of holes) from trying to take his gun. cop no.2 then screams like a banshee, "he's going for my gun!", at which point cop no.1 has to finish the job.

so, while these guys probably are "good cops" in the sense that they are ant psychopathic retards with little man syndrome, they don't actually seem to be very good at being cops, to me anyway.

video: http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhqi8R5CXk9Nd6k8mz

Getting close enough to taser with a guy swinging a knife? They tried really hard not to shoot him. The one cop holstered his gun instead of shooting him (I’m guessing he was going to try and wrestle him down) but didn’t in time, and was almost killed in the process. These cops deserve medals for their restraint. I do wish they had non lethal like a separate weapon with rubber bullets or something.

14 hours ago, futureman said:

that was one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen.  poor kid and poor cops. 

13 hours ago, immortal13 said:

I'm not going to watch that. Wish they had some way to take down a person without using deadly force. It could be done

You should watch it, actually, if you want to make a judgment. The man had a knife and was demanding, "Do it! Do it!"

The cops gave ground and gave ground and gave ground. They said they could help. They were mortified when the man charged. When the man was down after the first shooting, they clearly wanted to render aid. When the man took a cop hostage or to kill him, the fatal shots were fired.

Maybe they could have gone to a taser earlier, but that's a fine point. This is a case where a body cam vindicates the officers, in my humble opinion.

• Like 3

if bullets didn't stop him, is the taser going to work?

They got a lightning bolt strength flash coming out of that motherfucker?

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

if bullets didn't stop him, is the taser going to work?

They got a lightning bolt strength flash coming out of that motherfucker?

That's what I'm thinking. This guy was begging to be killed. For like half a mile. Then ran towards the cop.

I'm NWA when it comes to the police but this guy obviously had issues and wanted his cord pulled. 

16 hours ago, AnTiM said:

Bet your ass people will be screaming for the cops to be charged with murder.  And those who are scared to watch the video are probably the same ones who always think the cops are in the wrong.  

Nope, those cops tried very hard not to shoot this guy.  They acted like human beings who cared and genuinely didn't want to kill or ruin someone's life.

That said, let's say one of them was the proverbial "bad apple" and went full bullet festival right from the get-go.

Not one of the others would have said a F'n word and that body cam video you see?  Well, you most likely wouldn't see it.  Not in that full running, unobstructed form at least.

Neither side of the issue is "always" in the wrong or right and people who believe one way or the other are a huge part of the problem.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 3

• Nice Guy Eddie : [on the phone as he drives to the warehouse]  All I know is what Vic told me. He said the place turned into a fucking bullet festival. He took a cop as hostage, just to get the fuck outta there. 

[pause] 

Nice Guy Eddie : Do I sound like I'm joking? He's fuckin' driving around with a cop in his trunk!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105236/characters/nm0001606

4 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Curious..was the guy wired/high or something?  The guy definitely caught some serious center mass shots and got back up and kept coming.  Any idea what caliber bullets leos were using?

I would guess a standard 9mm.  Glock 17 or 19 it appears.  He had to have been on something.  Sucks for the cops that they had to do it but if someone's running at you with a knife and you've already tried your hardest to get them to drop it, not much else they could do.

Yes, I could not believe how patient they were in that situation. it's a shame all law enforcement officers don't show that type of patience and control.

That being said there's no doubt that they had to take him out, and it's a miracle that one that he tackled did not wind up seriously hurt although I must give credit to his partner for being a damn good shot and not hitting him. You know, where there's so many officers having a horrific hit ratio.

The guy had no knife and was riddled with bullets. I guess the one cop had a hard time re-holstering, but there is no way he should have allowed himself to get in a full Nelson by the perp.  Go low, side -step, stiff arm him, you got to be better in that situation. 

• 1 month later...

I know that cops have been guilty of the worst kinds of abuse, but I think it would be really hard to be a cop these days. Body cams. Cell phones.  You're making decisions in the heat of the moment, the split second between life and death, and everybody gets to judge your actions after the fact.

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I know that cops have been guilty of the worst kinds of abuse, but I think it would be really hard to be a cop these days. Body cams. Cell phones. 

No doubt. I’d sign up to be a garbage man over being a cop. 

1 minute ago, housious said:

No doubt. I’d sign up to be a garbage man over being a cop. 

My understanding is that, relative to other public servants, cops are doing fairly well economically speaking.  But, man, they see the worst of humanity on a daily basis. Everything from showing up to Cedric Benson's crash site to whatever kind of crazy you can think of. Bless them for doing their jobs. 

These cops showed the most restraint, because we all know cops are mudering pigs. Almost got a cop killed if that fucker would have sliced his throat or something. Listen to the police even if they are overstepping assholes, because they have to deal with fuckers like this, and have every right to be paranoid jackasses. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2