TX31 - Donna Imam

Horn of Gabriel

I went to Donna Imam's congressional run kick off this morning in Round Rock.  She's running as a D for TX31, which covers Williamson and Bell counties, currently repped by John Carter (R).  He won 50.6%/47.7% over MJ Hegar (D) in 2018.

MJ is running for Senate this time around versus Cornyn, so it's an open field for the Democrats, and there are several already declared.  I know Donna personally from working with her over the years and from a non-profit that I started which she served as President of after I stepped down.  She and I aren't really aligned closely on policy, Donna is more left than I am, but as a person she is really impressive, smart, and a good leader, the kind of person who could make a positive difference.  In other words, I have no idea why she wants the job :)

If you're in the district, and into this kind of stuff, here is Donna's twitter and you can follow and meet her through there, she's approachable and practical, much recommend.

• Like 3

I'm in Tx 31, so I'll be following and like Scottsins, I'll be voting for whomever wins the nomination. (I really wish MJ had run for this seat again)

Didn't she run for something else recently? LISD or city council or something? Her name looks familiar. 

Edited by Pescado_Rojo

I can't say I'm at all aligned with her policies either, but I can say with confidence I won't be voting for Carter.  His greatest accomplishment is being the reason the word 'feckless' was coined.  A man of destiny, there.