SF, Napa, Carmel in October

wild_turkey

22 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Can anyone recommend 1 winery for us to visit in Sonoma on the day we drive from SF to Yountville?

The shortest routes from SFO to Yountville don't really go thru Sonoma proper, but you could go a little out of your way I guess. Certainly Domaine Carneros is not out of the way and we usually stop by there. NOTE: they sell boxes with styrofoam inserts for cheap there, if you fly Southwest, shipping it as luggage is free, I've never had a bottle break.

But if you are looking for something in Sonoma I would definitely recommend Petroni Vineyards, 990 Cavedale Rd, Sonoma, CA 95476. It's so good that every couple in our usual wine tour group is a member. It's a little north of town but worth the 15 minute drive. You could also drive over the mountain to get to Yountville instead of doubling back and taking 12. If you are looking for a tasting room in town, try Walt Wines on the square at 380 1st St. W, Sonoma, CA 95476. Then walk across the street and eat at The Girl and The Fig.

We are headed up that way in a few weeks, I can't wait to get out of this hot weather.