Kawhi and Paul George both signing with Clippers

Goo Punch

Can't say that I'm surprised that the least discussed team got him. The Lakers leaked information like a sieve, and you've gotta think all those fans showing up in Toronto at the meeting place didn't go well with Kawhi. All the while we didn't hear shit from Jerry West and the Clippers. Real Gs move in silence. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Can't say that I'm surprised that the least discussed team got him. The Lakers leaked information like a sieve, and you've gotta think all those fans showing up in Toronto at the meeting place didn't go well with Kawhi. All the while we didn't hear shit from Jerry West and the Clippers. Real Gs move in silence. 

Dude, he was always going to the Clippers. IMO, This entire process was to give them time to make the trade. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

My favorite part of these stories is when all the other writers start coming in like "I can confirm". Oh can you now dipshit?

Not only that, but they'll relay stories about how "the Clippers have been telling me..." Muthafucker, the Clippers weren't telling you shit. 

WOW.  What an offseason.  Next year truly is going to be an interesting season with some clearly strong teams at the top, but I don't think it's completely parity shattering like the past few years with the Warriors.  I can't wait to see next year, I also hope they do the LA game for Christmas, that's almost a must I would think.

22 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Not sure I would have done the PG 13 deal if I’m the Clippers but maybe that was something Kawhi demanded as part of signing there.

OKC probably could have gotten Shamet thrown in there as they had some leverage given time pressure on the Clippers.  You can't blame the Clippers too much, they have been an irrelevant little brother franchise to the Lakers for so long.  Donald Sterling.  Losing and losing.  The botched CP3/Blake era.  They had to go for it just for the value of their franchise alone increasing if I am Ballmer.  LA Christmas game seems like a guarantee.  

45 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Not sure I would have done the PG 13 deal if I’m the Clippers but maybe that was something Kawhi demanded as part of signing there.

It's definitely what he demanded. I'm sure the Clippers viewed the big haul they gave away to OKC as all those assets for both Kawhi and PG. 

If you're a betting man, the Nets at 25-1 isn't bad. 

Say what you will about Presti, you just have no idea what to expect from the guy. Sucks having to see George go. My partner is friends with his girlfriend and took care of the baby. PG is about as cool and laid back of a fella you could ever meet....and makes a mean bowl of ramen. Best of luck to him in LA.  

4 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

catdaddyhorn is michael rapaport?!

hey man i'm a huge fan. you think i can get some of your old mtv rock n jock gear, or maybe your postal service hat from next friday? 

• Like 1

That’s a shitload of picks. They won’t be good ones until maybe 2024 but that’s a shitload of picks. Presti made the move he had to make and maximized it before it went public or into more of a trade demand. That’s exactly how teams should handle that type of situation. PG doing OKC a solid on the way out by not making public demands. 

Okc goes from 5 seed to lottery team. 

Dude, he was always going to the Clippers. IMO, This entire process was to give them time to make the trade. 
Seems that he was always going to LA and probably preferred to avoid the Lebron show, but wanted another star there. I bet he was waiting on the PG3 thing the whole time and had it fallen through he goes to the Lakers. Otherwise the long decision period makes no sense.

Fuck kawhi.
  • Like 1

If Kawhi leads THE Clippers to the finals (don't have to win, just make the finals) he moves to number 1 on my best of all time list. Pass MJ, KAJ, LBJ, Magic/Bird.  

I know the Lob City era changed some folks minds but they still a cursed, can't quite get right franchise to me (Walton, Manning, Danny Ferry, Sterling, Cassell 10 secs, etc). If Kawhi can overcome all that history he's the greatest to ever play in the NBA. 

• Fuck You 6

Wtf, wasn't Paul George on the first year of his new deal?  After everyone thought he was going to Lakers... Then he didn't. 

It's starting to get out of control with all these players demanding trades.  It's not like the situation in OKC dramatically changed over the past year.  You have to wonder when the next CBA is up for negotiation if they put on some sort of restrictions or punishment for players demanding a trade.   

10 minutes ago, WJC88 said:

If Kawhi leads THE Clippers to the finals (don't have to win, just make the finals) he moves to number 1 on my best of all time list. Pass MJ, KAJ, LBJ, Magic/Bird.  

I know the Lob City era changed some folks minds but they still a cursed, can't quite get right franchise to me (Walton, Manning, Danny Ferry, Sterling, Cassell 10 secs, etc). If Kawhi can overcome all that history he's the greatest to ever play in the NBA. 

dafuq???

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Wtf, wasn't Paul George on the first year of his new deal?  After everyone thought he was going to Lakers... Then he didn't. 

It's starting to get out of control with all these players demanding trades.  It's not like the situation in OKC dramatically changed over the past year.  You have to wonder when the next CBA is up for negotiation if they put on some sort of restrictions or punishment for players demanding a trade.   

OKC has the highest payroll in the league, and is deep into the luxury tax for a team that can't get out of the first round. The Clippers just offered them a deal that they couldn't refuse; I don't think George "demanded" out, even if he did ask to be traded.

Edited by aggie08

25 minutes ago, WJC88 said:

This is the dumbest shit I’ve ever read 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, d2o said:

dafuq???

3 minutes ago, housious said:

This is the dumbest shit I’ve ever read 

It's a joke (obviously a bad one...lol). Read the rest.

I'm talking about Kawhi doing what no player in the history of the game has done- take the fucking Clippers to the finals.

lulz at Presti offering Russ and George to Toronto and Ujiri saying no. Ain't nobody wants Russ's supermax, even if it brings George and Kawhi with it.

Russ's pissed off level this season is going to be hilarious to watch.

53 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

OKC has the highest payroll in the league, and is deep into the luxury tax for a team that can't get out of the first round. The Clippers just offered them a deal that they couldn't refuse; I don't think George "demanded" out, even if he did ask to be traded.

yep, they havent been able to add anything outside of PG and were in tax hell with no real title shot.    They get out of the tax situation and got a pretty big fucking haul to do so.   The situation presented itself at the right time.

58 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yea, I guess that makes sense, but that was the same situation a year ago when both parties signed the contract.  Maybe buyers remorse.  

• Like 1

You’re a premature prognosticator aren’t you?