Kawhi and Paul George both signing with Clippers

Goo Punch

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:
1 hour ago, aggie08 said:
lulz at Presti offering Russ and George to Toronto and Ujiri saying no. Ain't nobody wants Russ's supermax, even if it brings George and Kawhi with it.
Russ's pissed off level this season is going to be hilarious to watch.

Source?

From Woj. It was a leverage play.

hmm... why are the LAC > LAL in vegas odds?  LAL is putting together a very good supporting cast with Cook, Kuzma, Javale, Danny Green -- good outside / great inside games (with AD/bron).  How is the LAC roster filling out?  I'm not loving PG as much, he's good but not all world. 

8 playoff teams -- 3 from CA, Houston, Denver, Utah.. meaning 2 spots left for Portland/SA/Memphis/NOP

8 minutes ago, NowThis said:

hmm... why are the LAC > LAL in vegas odds? 

I don't know, probably because they made the playoffs last year and were a fierce defensive team, they didn't lose Williams, Beverley, or Harrell, and they just landed two legit superstates who also happen to be the two best wing defenders in basketball.

• Like 2

Just now, aggie08 said:

I don't know, probably because they made the playoffs last year and were a fierce defensive team, they didn't lose Williams, Beverley, or Harrell, and they just landed two legit superstates who also happen to be the two best wing defenders in basketball.

Lakers loaded too . Adding super clutch Green is huge .  LAC lacks quality bigs. 

9 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

And just like that Toronto is irrelevant. But championship flags fly forever. 

They still have a year window at least with Durant out - assuming his Achilles isn't a career ender. Getting by Giannis might be tough. Pacers should be good too. East is pretty wide open though. 

4 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Broussard has negative credibility at this point. I loved seeing people defend him when KD called him out. I guess everyone has a short enough memory to forget how much of a fucking clown he has become. The Onion puts out better journalism. 

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

Lakers loaded too . Adding super clutch Green is huge .  LAC lacks quality bigs. 

Lakers paying $30mil guaranteed ($15mil/yr) for Danny Green over next 2years is a reach.  Won't be surprised to see age 32 Danny's game begin falling off in LA this season.

Picking up Cook and resigning McGee are probably good values for Lakers though....

Edited by LTtxfan

7 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Those first round picks are going to suck. Not like they will be picking top ten.

They will be by the time they happen.  They’re pretty backloaded and don’t even start until 2022.  The ones from Miami are in ‘21 and ‘23.

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

They still have a year window at least with Durant out - assuming his Achilles isn't a career ender. Getting by Giannis might be tough. Pacers should be good too. East is pretty wide open though. 

Getting by Milwaukee might be tough? Right now Milwaukee and/or philly would coast past Toronto. Both are clearly better teams at this point and it really isn’t close. No? A team like that can’t just lose a player like Kawhi, get nothing in return, but still expect to contend. Even in the east.

6 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Getting by Milwaukee might be tough? Right now Milwaukee and/or philly would coast past Toronto. Both are clearly better teams at this point and it really isn’t close. No? A team like that can’t just lose a player like Kawhi, get nothing in return, but still expect to contend. Even in the east.

sixers lost jimmy butler and jj reddick, also their good backup pg. Who has philly added?

edit -- ok, Al Horford and RIchardson.   Lots of size on that team, probably the biggest starting 5 in the NBA. 

Edited by NowThis

3 hours ago, WJC88 said:

If Kawhi leads THE Clippers to the finals (don't have to win, just make the finals) he moves to number 1 on my best of all time list. Pass MJ, KAJ, LBJ, Magic/Bird.  

I know the Lob City era changed some folks minds but they still a cursed, can't quite get right franchise to me (Walton, Manning, Danny Ferry, Sterling, Cassell 10 secs, etc). If Kawhi can overcome all that history he's the greatest to ever play in the NBA. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Toronto is still pretty loaded. Siakam is a beast coming off MIP and Lowry just had a great playoffs. They aren't the best team in the East on paper but I wouldn't write them off that quickly. They will be a top 4 seed and can contend if the chips fall the right way. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Toronto is still pretty loaded. Siakam is a beast coming off MIP and Lowry just had a great playoffs. They aren't the best team in the East on paper but I wouldn't write them off that quickly. They will be a top 4 seed and can contend if the chips fall the right way. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Toronto trade Gasol at some point during the 2019-2020 season...

51 minutes ago, ztejas said:

raptors without kawhi = non-factor.

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

With whom? Siakam is their best player. They are probably the 5th best team in the East at best.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Lol your definition of loaded and my definition of loaded are...different.

Kawhi, Paul George and Patrick Beverly give the Clippers a stout group of defenders three players who made the all-nba defensive team multiple times. This is probably the biggest shocker of the off season not so much the Clips signing Kawhi, but adding Paul George out of the blue.

It was also kind of a gangster move by Kawhi if he really did know he was going to LAC the whole time. He put the lakers in a weird spot where they had to wait him out and not be active and go after anyone else. LAL put all their eggs into the Kawhi basket when they didn’t really need to. I don’t know if there was any interest, but they probably should have had more interest in a guy like Kemba Walker or a sign and trade to get Bradley Beal or Deangelo Russell

That rivalry should be fun.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Well yeah, but besides that?

19 minutes ago, Cajun said:

fify

Correct.  It was a helluva ride.   For a franchise that has had MASSIVE disappointments the last few yrs they will take this title and be happy as can be 

Just now, d2o said:

Correct.  It was a helluva ride.   For a franchise that has had MASSIVE disappointments the last few yrs they will take this title and be happy as can be 

I never bought Kawhi being interested in a 1+1 with Toronto for 2 reasons:

1) He wouldn't risk missing out on a situation where both LA teams have talent and room for him simply to put the decision off for one year, and

2) This was a magical year with Toronto. Every single bounce, break, major leg injury, and physics-defying rim bounce went their way. The chances of the magic repeating itself was virtually zero. One more year in Toronto wasn't going to be happily ever after.

As such, Toronto will never regret trading for Kawhi in the slightest. It was well worth it. It's not like they're now going to miss Demar Derozan now after seeing what a real NBA star looks like.

Toronto shouldn't regret anything about getting Kawhi.  What they should regret is the way a whole shit-ton of their fans (and even some team members) ran their traps after winning their one eternal trophy.

As if they had a few more coming down the pike.

Funny shit.

Edited by Cajun
Agree completely on the Derozan comment. He's a Tier 2 "star".

Really excited for this season.  We've had basically very little parity for a number of seasons now, and Kawhi's move make the Clippers a formidable team and the early favorite, but by no means do I feel they are a near lock like the Warriors the past few years.  The Clippers probably need another defensive big man, and they are going to rely heavily on Shamet and Zubac who are both quite young and you never know deep in the playoffs how they will respond to the increased pressure and intensity by savvy veterans taking them on night after night.  (I love these two players by the way long-term)  The Sixers and Lakers have possibly two very strong frontcourt players each, so there might be some matchup problems there without another good big.  Still, I love their team.  But I think a few others can play with them and have a chance.