(Books) A Song of Ice and Fire Wild Theory Speculation Thread

Viper

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 10:25 AM, Viper said:

What's your favorite asoiaf theory? Which do you think will be true and which are just fun to speculate about? The biggest one that is obviously accepted by almost everyone is R+L=J, but I also like the fAegon = Blackfyre theory. 

The Southron Ambitions theory seems to make a lot of stuff fit, but I'm not sure it will ever be confirmed. I don't put much stock in the theories of Tyrion or Cersei and Jamie being secret Targaryens. It seems almost certain that the Hound is the gravedigger but I doubt we get it confirmed or hear from him again.

Do you think Jojen Paste will be confirmed? I didn't even pick up on that when I read but it makes some sense afterwards.

What do you think happened at Summerhall?

Yeah, I’m there on Young Griff being a Blackfyre. However, Griff appears to be convinced that Aegon is Rhaegar’s legitimate son. Yes he was exiled before Aegon would have been killed in the sack of King’s Landing, but he’s convinced. Surely he hasn’t devoted his life and sword to a rumor Illyrio cooked up. 

The Griffs chapter(s,?) are my favorite in Dance of Dragons. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished

The World of Ice & Fire

Fire & Blood

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms

ASOIWF Books 1-5

Winds of Winter Sample Chapters

Ask me anything. 

I think it’s pretty obvious in the Barristan and Tyrion sample chapters that Victarion is using the dragon horn to control two of the dragons. Pretty spicy in comparison to the HBO version. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Every few months for the last decade I Google “Winds of Winter news” and see a usual suspects list of SEO bait “articles” that report there’s been no update.  It’s like he has his own personal corner of the internet creating a time capsule of his failures.  

I still don't like that splitting it int feast and dance messed up the naming of the books. Now the Dance of Dragons 2.0 is probably going to be in Winds of Winter. 

There's  (probably bullshit) speculation that the blue flower he posted on his blog means he's finished the book. It's probably something else but we'll see. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think you're correct that it's likely bs; the blue rose has multiple symbolic meanings but one is thoughtful and contemplative which he blogged as his mood the day he posted it.

He seems so preoccupied with the screen productions that I don't expect him to finish the series before he passes.

I hope he finishes at least 1 book by his own hand. I don’t want some Brian Herbert bullshit money grab scenario to happen, but it probably will.

GRRM could write an entire book about the different Northern plots for the maker’s sake. TV seems like a nice escape to get his ass kissed by beautiful people. The alternative is hardcore nerds with Arya plot holes at Comic Con Q & A’s.