FInishing a Butt in the Oven?

Eddyline

I need to start a 10lb butt on the smoker in the evening  - earliest I can start is around 6:00 - and have it ready to serve at noon the next day.  Kind of a screwy deal with timing, and my shitty work schedule precludes me from tending to the smoker all night.  Anyone have experience starting a butt on the smoker, then finishing in the oven?  Suggested times and temps for each?      

Not sure I've done that with pork, but I've taken briskets off the smoke after as few as 6-8 hours and finished in the oven at similar temperatures (~ 225 F).  I wouldn't say it affected the finished product any more than a dozen other variables might.

Butts are very forgiving.  Remember, you're gonna shred it anyway.

Smoke it for as long as you can, at perhaps a little higher temp than you usually would -- get yourself some more bark.  But don't crank it up too high, don't want to ruin the outside.

Then wrap, transfer to oven at like 220 overnight.  It'll be done in the morning.

You can do that. Temps? Time? Cook it at whatever temp you want until it's done. What is the problem with your smoker? How long will it hold temps? 

Cook it at 350 and it will be done or close to it by midnight. Wrap it and refrigerate overnight, pop it in the oven at 250 in the morning and cook it until it's ready to fall apart.