The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

53 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

the color on the back of the neck/headstock is slick

image.thumb.png.f9b05400ca403624238cc60c79d9d970.png

dammit I had convinced myself that I need to set my sights on a jazzmaster but this is calling my name

The gristle is calling and you must buy.

3 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

That’s cool. Looks like good place to write manifestos too!

Just curious, how big is that building and what do they whack you for on something like that?

It's 16x12 including the porch.  Inside is 12x12.  This cost just under $11,000 with delivery, and I sold a couple guitars to help pay for it.  It came fully finished inside, insulated walls, ceiling, floor, laminate flooring, wired for electricity, etc...  Just had to run a wire from the circuit breaker box to the shed.  There's no water or heat/air conditioning, anything like that.  I will probably heat with a floor heater in the winter.

I had done this before at a previous property, same size shed w/porch, and I bought it unfinished and finished it out myself inside.  That cost $6500, but was only maybe $1500 less  after I had done the electrical, flooring, insulation, dry wall, etc...  I was learning on the job with some of that, and so I had to pay some extra $$ for some mistakes.

You could get real cheap doing this if you had the skills to frame and build from scratch yourself, depending on material costs at the time.  I don't have those skills.

21 minutes ago, Goredho said:

It's 16x12 including the porch.  Inside is 12x12.  This cost just under $11,000 with delivery, and I sold a couple guitars to help pay for it.  It came fully finished inside, insulated walls, ceiling, floor, laminate flooring, wired for electricity, etc...  Just had to run a wire from the circuit breaker box to the shed.  There's no water or heat/air conditioning, anything like that.  I will probably heat with a floor heater in the winter.

I had done this before at a previous property, same size shed w/porch, and I bought it unfinished and finished it out myself inside.  That cost $6500, but was only maybe $1500 less  after I had done the electrical, flooring, insulation, dry wall, etc...  I was learning on the job with some of that, and so I had to pay some extra $$ for some mistakes.

You could get real cheap doing this if you had the skills to frame and build from scratch yourself, depending on material costs at the time.  I don't have those skills.

you people have to keep in mind that this crazy mother fucker wrestles emus and shears alpacas for fun.  the manifestos will be coming...just hopefully in form of guitar solos.  i have visions of goredho ripping a jeff beck solo on the porch of that thing to summon the mountain lions, bears, coyotes, and other crazy ass shit to his beckoning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, sidis said:

you people have to keep in mind that this crazy mother fucker wrestles emus and shears alpacas for fun.  the manifestos will be coming...just hopefully in form of guitar solos.  i have visions of goredho ripping a jeff beck solo on the porch of that thing to summon the mountain lions, bears, coyotes, and other crazy ass shit to his beckoning.

I can verify at least 1/8th of that is true.

2 hours ago, sidis said:

giphy.gif

I would say I have a more urban view. Lots of Fire Trucks, Ambulances, Police Cars, Busses, and people of all walks of life. I see somebody nearly get killed in that crosswalk daily. This is where my work desk sits

One day landslide is going to be the end of that ridge on the horizon and I'll have an ocean view! I've been meaning to write the song, "Almost an Ocean View".Resized_20201203_165636~2_906408363646938(1).jpg20220426_155233.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Pics aren’t showing up.

Honestly they didn’t really have anything worthy. Like 3 LPs that were pretty standard 2 PRS’s with everyone’s favorite headstock and a lot of lower end fenders. Honestly no boner material 

Anyone got any humidifier recs for the new shed/office space?  What are others here using?
Been using a Venta Airwasher for years and love it. But be warned, the stuff it pulls out of the air will make you reconsider breathing.
  • Haha 1

On 5/4/2022 at 8:57 AM, hullabelew said:

This is the guy who had it built:   That pastel, double-bound Tele has my attention.  I'm usually not a bound tele fan, but that thing looks fantastic.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc1b_PcNOwH/

No bound teles is one of my main rules. 

In other news, my 16 year old has a job, has been saving up, and is shopping for American Strats.  The one that's most dad approved so far is a seafoam green American Standard with a rosewood fret board.  Going to be a lot of, "how did that end up in my room" moments if he lands that one.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1

No bound teles is one of my main rules. 

In other news, my 16 year old has a job, has been saving up, and is shopping for American Strats.  The one that's most dad approved so far is a seafoam green American Standard with a rosewood fret board.  Going to be a lot of, "how did that end up in my room" moments if he lands that one.

What kind of a bullshit rule is that?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 10:38 AM, BoomMF said:
On 5/7/2022 at 8:20 AM, Goredho said:
Anyone got any humidifier recs for the new shed/office space?  What are others here using?

Been using a Venta Airwasher for years and love it. But be warned, the stuff it pulls out of the air will make you reconsider breathing.

Hell, I ponder that question every damn day I get out of bed.

18 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

What kind of a bullshit rule is that?

I don't like them.  I don't like sunburst teles either.

ComplicatedSaneEwe-size_restricted.gif

Bound anything Gibson, cool.  Sunburst strat, great.  Just don't feel either option on a  tele.  I don't apologize for it either, what with @Deej counting the pick guard screws on every tele. ;)

Edited by dcbc
  • Haha 1

On 5/6/2022 at 9:59 AM, Goredho said:

New office for work and music making was delivered a couple days ago, and I got mostly moved in yesterday.  Will be a work in progress for awhile.

image.thumb.jpeg.362c33f3550371ca286f1684878bde6a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.def1c81de590a0d4cf48d5087666bd8c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.622ee32e59ffa2563f00bb15092540ac.jpeg

. . . Thought of this post above when I saw this post below . . .

image.png.5b198067f081e99da33474861958b5cd.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't like them.  I don't like sunburst teles either.

ComplicatedSaneEwe-size_restricted.gif

Bound anything Gibson, cool.  Sunburst strat, great.  Just don't feel either option on a  tele.  I don't apologize for it either, what with [mention=91]Deej[/mention] counting the pick guard screws on every tele.

We should go guitar shopping then. We will not argue about how Teles should look. Kind of like I always picked a friend who was into fat chicks to go bar hopping/trolling for tail with.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

We should go guitar shopping then. We will not argue about how Teles should look. Kind of like I always picked a friend who was into fat chicks to go bar hopping/trolling for tail with.

If you find the perfect (for you) sunburst, bound tele with four tv jones pickups on it, I promise not to try to outbid you.

I wouldn't hate on that, tbone, but there are a lot of other looks Id go to before that one. The beauty of a Telecaster is its simplicity. The more you add, the more you take away.

Hard to beat this, though some would say there already too many screws in the pickguard.
squier-affinity-series-telecaster-maple-fingerboard-black-pickguard-butterscotch-blonde__55744.1641939569.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, AnotherUTFan said:

I dont care much for binding on a Telecaster unless its a sparkle finish, then it needs it for some reason.

Don't care for f-holes on a Tele either. They seem pointless.

Also agree that sunburst is better left to a Strat.

The thing I like about my tele with the F hole is that it's great for sitting around the house playing unplugged.  Just a little bit of acoustic sound is better than just the slab for that  particular style of play.   The down side, for mine at least, is it's just the slightest bit neck heavy.  Like maybe just a fishing weight on the tail end of my strap would be the perfect balance.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I wouldn't hate on that, tbone, but there are a lot of other looks Id go to before that one. The beauty of a Telecaster is its simplicity. The more you add, the more you take away.

Hard to beat this, though some would say there already too many screws in the pickguard.
squier-affinity-series-telecaster-maple-fingerboard-black-pickguard-butterscotch-blonde__55744.1641939569.jpg

Damn it. That's ten screw if you include the ones for the neck pup. Seriously makes me ragey. 

You really can’t improve that.

It's just not as clean of a look. Telecasters are all about simplicity and clean lines. 
While I agree with this statement in general,, i prefer the additional screws because they are functional. I like being able to adjust the neck PU height without removing pickguard and I like there being smaller gaps between the pickguard and body for sweat and dirt to get through.
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, JSB said:

What am I missing here on the screws? The Strat seems to have 12 before counting the PUP screws

Telecasters had single ply pick guards held on with 5 screws (slotted screws until 1953 or so; Phillips after that) until summer 1959, when they transitioned to 3-ply pick guards held on by 8 screws. 

My '52 AV Tele

tele.jpg

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1