The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

12 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Ugh.  So I ordered a new guitar through Sweetwater and they called the next day to advise that it was not in stock indefinitely and they are in touch with the manufacturer (yeah right) on getting eta. 

So I could wait or try somewhere else which may be the situation. 

Guitar power consumer tip:  Over half the shit on Reverb is brand new and sold by reputable retailers and e-tailers with good return policies.  Use its search to find the same instrument being sold by someone else, then look up their contact info and contact them directly to negotiate a better deal without Reverb being a man in the middle and taking a cut.

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Guitar power consumer tip:  Over half the shit on Reverb is brand new and sold by reputable retailers and e-tailers with good return policies.  Use its search to find the same instrument being sold by someone else, then look up their contact info and contact them directly to negotiate a better deal without Reverb being a man in the middle and taking a cut.

image.png

image.png

image.png

So the one reverb listing has an ETA of 8/23 when I contacted Chicago music exchange to inquire. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Thank you. I'm resigned to waiting it out. 

It’s everywhere. That JM PRS was on order for over a year. I didn’t even remember I paid it in full. Don’t substitute something you love for something in stock

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

It’s everywhere. That JM PRS was on order for over a year. I didn’t even remember I paid it in full. Don’t substitute something you love for something in stock

I hear you.  The hard part for me is that I FINALLY found a lefty I really wanted and it coincided with a time I was ready to move on from a couple of other guitars I own. So I have that excitement of placing the order to then having to wait and not knowing how long. 

It is pretty sick.  Push/pull coil splitting.  Push/pull to go from active/passive.

I don't play 7s anymore but the 7 string versions are at longer scale. That was a nice touch.

A Croatia post for@Chad Fuck

We got to this beach bar too late to catch the band last night, but I did inspect the gear to verify that the Telecaster is Deej approved.

Live music has been the biggest disappointment of this trip. There's hardly any to be found. Not even street performers. Maybe once we get down the coast. 20220702_012508.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 12:10 PM, Butch Had Not said:

Ugh.  So I ordered a new guitar through Sweetwater and they called the next day to advise that it was not in stock indefinitely and they are in touch with the manufacturer (yeah right) on getting eta. 

So I could wait or try somewhere else which may be the situation. 

I now buy everything I can through Alamo Music.  I got a guy; he will hook you up but even more so if you mention me because I've spent and referred so much to him.  DM me for his name and cell.