The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Interdasting…. sounds like it is free right now, how ultimately it will compare to reverb from a cost perspective. Also wonder if it will end up being more person to person sales. Seems like it would feel wrong for a shop to sell their instruments through Sweetwater.

If you are going to go pointy, you should go full pointy...

image.jpg?id=25777907&width=744&quality=80

Never have loved the V. I briefly had a Gibson. They are uncomfortable to play.
Can't wait for the responses to my ad:
"Can I pay over 48 months with no interest?"

That’s an interesting thought, Sweetwater may be able to provide financing on basically private sales. That would be a big edge.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Reverb provides financing through a 3rd party (Affirm).  But if Sweetwater makes the interest by handling financing in house, they will be making more off their exchange than Reverb will.

I agree with you on V’s ergonomics/playability.  17 year old me loved their look, though.

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 1

In the "crazy Gibson guitar shape" debate, I'm firmly on Team Explorer/Firebird as opposed to Team Flying V.  

I could actually play this in a club and not feel like a complete fraud (Custom Shop '65 Non-Reverse Firebird):

Gibson 1965 Non-Reverse Firebird V with Vibrola Vintage Sunburst HSFBN —  L.A. Music

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

Funny you should say. The white one was last year's model. Made in Korea. $250 cheaper. May take it back for the orange. We shall see. Either way, NGD for hulla.153d22071c77acc5734e5080656c3c59.jpg

The white/gold is a solid second.  Especially for the price.  Well done.

Just now, Deej said:

If you cared about us at all, you'd go back and buy the orange one, too. 

Day isn't over yet and if my wife doesn't settle the fuck down, that very may well happen.  And Vox AC15 was kind of giving me the eye as well.  On the down side, the locally owned but larger shop (Ken Stanton Music) got sold to Music and Arts (aka  Guitar Center).  HATE that but the staff is still the same and they are all great guys.  

Saving $250 with the white one gives me that much more to spend on the amp for my pedal steel.  The Blues Jr just doesn't sound right (can't be me...gotta be the amp).  I also bought a small shop volume pedal that is much smaller than the Goodrich pedals you see.  I thought that might be a good idea to save space but it doesn't give me the sweep that I thing I need.  Found a factory blemish for $185 ($250 new).  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

Day isn't over yet and if my wife doesn't settle the fuck down, that very may well happen.  And Vox AC15 was kind of giving me the eye as well.  On the down side, the locally owned but larger shop (Ken Stanton Music) got sold to Music and Arts (aka  Guitar Center).  HATE that but the staff is still the same and they are all great guys.  

Saving $250 with the white one gives me that much more to spend on the amp for my pedal steel.  The Blues Jr just doesn't sound right (can't be me...gotta be the amp).  I also bought a small shop volume pedal that is much smaller than the Goodrich pedals you see.  I thought that might be a good idea to save space but it doesn't give me the sweep that I thing I need.  Found a factory blemish for $185 ($250 new).  

I'm gonna need pics of the volume pedal and an update on amps that are contenders.

• Hook 'Em 1

Somebody just ordered the double cut LP Special on Reverb at full asking price.

On the other hand, I've learned this week that Reverb has increased their fee's since I last sold a guitar there, charge the buyer sales tax, and 1099 me.

Might be better off going consignment through a local shop going forward. Ive got a bunch of amps in about to unload.

I'm gonna need pics of the volume pedal and an update on amps that are contenders.
This is the volume pedal. Moyo. Found the guy on the pedal steel forum. Next to my Dunlop pedal for comparison. Really compact and built like a tank. I still think I need more travel. Haven't tried the Dunlop yet. e23f9f1e35fcc0b898088176003b2a7e.jpg977bfc6c308d6372cf8aa6e67ca349e3.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

In the "crazy Gibson guitar shape" debate, I'm firmly on Team Explorer/Firebird as opposed to Team Flying V.  

I could actually play this in a club and not feel like a complete fraud (Custom Shop '65 Non-Reverse Firebird):

Gibson 1965 Non-Reverse Firebird V with Vibrola Vintage Sunburst HSFBN —  L.A. Music

I had a friend who had a reverse firebird, I’m still not convinced he knew what it was worth.   These were guys who threw Musicmasters and old Danelectros in the trash.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag