The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

8 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

tomorrow is here… any Adam Jones fans? 
one of 800 they aren’t numbered but this is 1 of 8 to be released. Epiphone custom Adam JonesC18276F8-701A-44CA-9683-A7C088EFD11B.thumb.jpeg.33821aa1ccf68732060b5f190e1ee4db.jpeg2C31CEC7-B79C-47AC-B113-AE8BCC601B57.thumb.jpeg.81c3d650b2203f3d29a05bd9d4358f43.jpegA95B76F1-712C-421E-95B0-59930E0F13DA.thumb.jpeg.4de61f5eb678d02598f94df70031704b.jpeg6DA400E5-1D3D-4366-8927-3C275A103CEC.thumb.jpeg.430e74dff6796dad3a737b67f094394f.jpeg82D3CB79-F2CC-47ED-BC86-C5E9303A8605.thumb.jpeg.83ef4e65418b68277f518816beff90fc.jpeg

Looks like your going to be playing in sweat pants a lot.  Bee careful.   

I'll show myself out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

Epiphone custom Adam Jones82D3CB79-F2CC-47ED-BC86-C5E9303A8605.thumb.jpeg.83ef4e65418b68277f518816beff90fc.jpeg

What the story of the bees 🐝 for hair?

PS- 

Spoiler

Absolutely no pedophile vibes putting this little girl’s face in a position that will ride your crotch all concert long. Adam Jones has got some ‘splaining to do!! 🤯

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

PS- 

Hide contents

Absolutely no pedophile vibes putting this little girl’s face in a position that will ride your crotch all concert long. Adam Jones has got some ‘splaining to do!! 🤯

"Why is all the buckle rash centered on her mouth?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Napoleon said:

PS- 

Hide contents

Subliminal warning that them frets are gonna buzz like crazy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Big fan of Adam Jones and Tool and his less-is-more approach. He’s the anti-noodler.

Doesn’t he own some silly percentage of the existing Gibson silverburst LP’s? Or maybe that’s just lore.

Looks like they MSRP’d for $1300 and are sold out and now list for $2000 on Reverb.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Big fan of Adam Jones and Tool and his less-is-more approach. He’s the anti-noodler.

Doesn’t he own some silly percentage of the existing Gibson silverburst LP’s? Or maybe that’s just lore.

Looks like they MSRP’d for $1300 and are sold out and now list for $2000 on Reverb.

Yup that was me and it’s been sold and shipped :)

After many years, I finally have begun the minor upgrades to my 2008 SG "Faded."  Low wind PAF style pickups from Mojotone incoming.  And, since it has that stupid Gibson quick connect circuit board in it and 300k pots, I've got a 50's style wiring harness from JEL on the way.  I have a feeling, this will drastically improve what already was a pretty great sounding guitar. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dcbc said:

After many years, I finally have begun the minor upgrades to my 2008 SG "Faded."  Low wind PAF style pickups from Mojotone incoming.  And, since it has that stupid Gibson quick connect circuit board in it and 300k pots, I've got a 50's style wiring harness from JEL on the way.  I have a feeling, this will drastically improve what already was a pretty great sounding guitar. 

Yeah, my '77 LP I have in for a refret is getting  PAF clones, 500k pots, 50's harness and NOS caps in it as well. I should have it back shortly, curious to see how it changes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, noharleyyet said:

Hope to get the tubes in and bias balanced this evening...the Blackguard approves

52551474053_a55f36e247_b.jpg

Looks perfect!  He didn't set the bias on setup?  Also, how is the clearance between those Webers and the cap can?  I have maybe a mm between mine, but it wasn't built with those in there.

Edited by dcbc

37 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Looks perfect!  He didn't set the bias on setup?  Also, how is the clearance between those Webers and the cap can?  I have maybe a mm between mine, but it wasn't built with those in there.

The cap cans of the two top speakers came wrapped separately...they'll stay off.

Edited by noharleyyet

21 minutes ago, noharleyyet said:

The cap cans of the two top speakers came wrapped separately...they'll stay off.

Those are the speaker "bell covers," and there's no way to have them on the top two speakers in that amp.  I keep mine on a table.  They are filled with all sorts of good crap.  What I'm talking about is the capacitor cover (silver box) just above the magnet of your top-right speaker (when viewed from the back).  Here's the clearance on mine (same speaker you have).

AL9n-ZEXfpr-Sa-QJWo-UY-Ii46z1l-APMQu9i9-

Speaker-Clearance.jpg

Edited by dcbc

5 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Those are the speaker "bell covers," and there's no way to have them on the top two speakers in that amp.  I keep mine on a table.  They are filled with all sorts of good crap.  What I'm talking about is the capacitor cover (silver box) just above the magnet of your top-right speaker (when viewed from the back).  Here's the clearance on mine (same speaker you have).

Speaker-Clearance.jpg

Good lord that's tight. Is that cap cover an off the shelf item and that's why they used it?

5 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Speaker-Clearance.jpg

Ah, I'll take a look when I get home. 

Wife says, "Need any help with that?"

Me, "Yes, stay off Poshmark."

\

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, G650 said:

Good lord that's tight. Is that cap cover an off the shelf item and that's why they used it?

My amp is from Victoria.  That cap cover is pretty robust or I probably would have taken a hammer to it to gain a little clearance.  Whether it's an off the shelf type, I couldn't say.  The amp came with Eminence ceramic speakers.  So the clearance issue is caused by my using replacement alnico speakers with larger magnets.  A P10R type of speaker with a 7 oz. magnet doesn't stick out that much.  But these 14 oz. magnets on the Weber 10a125 (P10Q type of speaker) take up a little more room.

But while the clearance thing it worried me early on, it's never caused any issues.

image.thumb.jpeg.a5d82c236c952e7a51aff6a8483e1edc.jpeg

Arrived today...

While the box looked worse, and had been opened and re stapled, the guitar looks much better... thoughts compared to the one I returned

• The finish on this guitar looks perfect
  • The latest guitar is 8'3oz compared to 7'12oz 
  • The neck is darker and has more grain
  • This guitar is not intonated well on the 2/6 strings (setup)
  • Action seems high out of the box (setup)
  • The fret ends are not great (about the same as the other guitar) some sharp some not, but on the high e string,  the first fret doesn't even come to the edge of the fret board, it doesn't miss by much but that's a new one for me. (pic below)
  • Serial starts with MX22 and fender shows 1/22 build date

image.thumb.jpeg.3d74b42e6420b420036a39ac15f8bcde.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

Got it, makes total sense.

While I've heard that Fender put P10Q speakers in some 1960 tweed Bassman amps, I've never seen an original amp with those speakers.  Instead, they always are P10R speakers, for which there is plenty of room on top when the bell covers are removed.