The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

I was trying to find the youtube videos that someone posted on here years ago of a young girl playing 50 or 100 songs (something like that) with two chords and then I think she had another video of 50 or 100 songs with three chords.  Can't find the links on here or with the google.

Anyone remember that and have links?

Edited by cuernolargo

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Then two years later, this...

Probably should be in the Zep thread, but "Good Times, Bad Times" gets my vote for most kick ass first song on a first album ever.  It grabs you by the balls and demands your attention.  An iconic, killer guitar riff, arachnoid drumming, soaring vocals, some groovy bass lines and that explosive solo through the leslie.  All four Zep members get to shine, but Page and Bonzo immediately stake their claim as greats within the first 10 seconds of that song.

• Like 1

I’ve been following Courtney for awhile, it’s been interesting to see her evolution and just how hard she works. The Maidens tour all over the fucking place. She mostly quit drinking and started hitting the gym and she just seems in a much better place.

“Hurricane” Nita plays for Alice Cooper now I think.

19 minutes ago, DougO said:

I would buy one if I could peel that nice looking flame top off and stick it on my black $60 pawn shop Epiphone.

It's probably a sticker anyhow.  I have a friend who bought a "photo-flame" Strat back in the 90s.  It was literally a picture of a flame top applied to a normal Strat, then painted over.  Looked pretty good at first blush.  I'll bet this is that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

So I played and sang 3 solo acoustic tunes at an open mic last night for ~100 complete strangers at a bar.

If you are looking for something to wake up your nerves, I highly recommend this emoji15.png

Yeah, that'll do it.  I've done a few open mics that are mostly amateur hour, but on a couple of occasions I've done the solo thing in front of that kind of crowd, and fortunately it has gone well.  I remember one time when I felt like I was battling the low roar of conversation on the first tune, but after that, they slowly shut up and started listening.  Ultimately it was pretty rewarding.