The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

7 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Cool. Bigger question: does your username check out?

Nah. I have a few Strats, but nothing vintage. The oldest guitar I have is an '89 57 AVRI. I don't even think my profile pic is accurate. I don't think they made a surf green Strat in '54.  

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Cain't see it.  

But motherfucker if true.  Whoever took it will either (a) have to ditch it or (b) find a way to get it back to him.  Because he will shortly find out that you don't go around stealing the Mona Lisa of guitars.  No one is going to touch that.  Maybe a good samaritan out there somewhere.  

5 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Cain't see it.  

But motherfucker if true.  Whoever took it will either (a) have to ditch it or (b) find a way to get it back to him.  Because he will shortly find out that you don't go around stealing the Mona Lisa of guitars.  No one is going to touch that.  Maybe a good samaritan out there somewhere.  

Listen up my peeps my Ol' buddy Junior Brown had his iconic guit-steel STOLEN last night in North Attleboro Massachusetts outside of Providence Rhode Island...

Please be on the lookout if you live in the area

You can notify Tanya Brown if you have any info... THANX !

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

;)

He's an asshole and his music sucks, but of course I'm not actually rooting for the theft of his guitar.  I'd return it to him for nary a penny if I came across it.  No man deserves that.

Sounds like you have personal knowledge here.  How is he an asshole?

Just now, Chad Fuck said:

Sounds like you have personal knowledge here.  How is he an asshole?

Just second-hand from friends who have played with him.

It's not worth naming names -- I shouldn't have made the snark.  Hope he gets his guit-steel back.

How on earth would anyone flip that, anyway?  It would be like trying to pawn off EVH's original Frankenstrat.

Me and a friend opened for him once many years ago.  He was polite and hung out briefly afterwards.  He wouldn't shake hands, but I don't blame him there.  

That guitar will be impossible to fence.  I read also that his wife's Martin Shenandoah was also stolen.  That will be easy to fence.

• Like 1

While I was there, they brought in a 53 Gold Top with P90s.  The guy made a phone call and in about 10 minutes some dude comes in the store and goes straight to this isolated room and they take the guitar to him.  A little bit later, he came out, brought the guitar over to me and said, "You want to hold this thing?  It will be the nicest guitar either of us ever touch."  Dude had a Scottish accent.  No idea who he was but he could definitely play.   

• Like 6

22 hours ago, hullabelew said:

While I was there, they brought in a 53 Gold Top with P90s.  The guy made a phone call and in about 10 minutes some dude comes in the store and goes straight to this isolated room and they take the guitar to him.  A little bit later, he came out, brought the guitar over to me and said, "You want to hold this thing?  It will be the nicest guitar either of us ever touch."  Dude had a Scottish accent.  No idea who he was but he could definitely play.   

....I played a 57 gold top in the Platinum cube at GC North Dallas 635 the day I bought the VOS R6 goldie....it was 27k. This one looked every bit like a 62 year old guitar.

2 hours ago, BoomMF said:

I researching the Ernie Ball Armada, I came across this video of Albert Lee playing an Albert Lee. Some of these dudes are pretty okay.

Have you played one?  I am a HUGE Albert Lee worshiper and have been since I saw him in the Hot Band a LONG time ago.  I picked up an Armada and couldn't play it at all.  I don't know what scale on them is, but it felt like I was playing a 3/4 size guitar.  But holy fuck, Albert doesn't seem to have any trouble with them.  Love that dude, though most of the recent videos, he plays too fucking fast to even enjoy it.  

Also, SIAP posted but some friends of mine did some studio work with Jerry Douglas a long time ago (early 90s).  They said he was about the nicest, coolest, most humble musician they had ever played with.  

Edited by hullabelew

No.  It was the standard that caught my ear...that day anyway.  I think I like the spruce top a little better than the maple that comes on the modern deluxe guitars.  But when I go back in December, I plan to spend some time with the modern deluxe model.  At that time, I'll really compare the two.  

I saw two Epi SGs with P90s at a pawn shop the other day. One was a Special with bolt-on neck, the other was like a G-400 or something. I googled around and saw they made a 61 50th anniversary model a while back, but I don't know if these were stock or somebody installed some P90s that fit. I need to go back and look at the details, being somewhat intrigued, and they were cheap. Special was around $70, I think, the neck-through around $150ish.

Anybody experienced with any of these?

My nephew gave up on guitar but my niece (who I had given a mini strat and now has his baby Taylor) is into it. She’s taking lessons, and I went and restrung her guitar (Taylor) and played with her a bit. She’s still learning her first couple of chords, but is actually managing to make them ring.
4506172c3acec535673d3ef98fddba10.jpg

Any recommendations on music preteen girls are into these days that is good for picking up that kind of stuff? Sister says Lauren Daigle is someone else she likes.

My nephew gave up on guitar but my niece (who I had given a mini strat and now has his baby Taylor) is into it. She’s taking lessons, and I went and restrung her guitar (Taylor) and played with her a bit. She’s still learning her first couple of chords, but is actually managing to make them ring.
4506172c3acec535673d3ef98fddba10.jpg

Any recommendations on music preteen girls are into these days that is good for picking up that kind of stuff? Sister says Lauren Daigle is someone else she likes.
Ha. I was about to suggest Daigle.

So at ACL there was some guitar pron (imagine all the best LPs - Slash had them), but a few stood out as unique.  

Jack White had this Acoustasonic and it sounded great.  

jackwhiteacoustasonicinsta.jpg

https://enmoreaudio.com/jack-white-shows-off-his-custom-made-acoustasonic-telecaster/

Then that other guy from Raconteurs had a cool gold top acoustic Gibson.  I'd never seen that done before, but I marveled at why I hadn't.  Seems like an idea who's time had come about 60 years ago.

J-45Gold1.jpg