The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

On 6/4/2018 at 9:47 PM, Bogeywon said:

This will be my 3rd Guitar from Sweetwater but I’m pulling the trigger on that Hendrix strat tomorrow. Any where else I should get pricing from? They quoted me $915.00 with a fender tweed case 

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HendrixMNTRY--fender-jimi-hendrix-monterey-stratocaster

This just went on sale at Adorama for $675:  https://slickdeals.net/f/11671059-fender-jimi-hendrix-limited-edition-monterey-stratocaster-electric-guitar-675-free-s-h

On 6/2/2018 at 9:08 AM, Deej said:

SIAP, but I always thought Steve Miller might have been an asshole, but judging by this story, sounds like a good guy.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/young-musician-growing-up-with-steve-miller/

Steve Miller's show at the Capitol after Lance Armstrong fake won his sixth TDF or whatever (can't remember the year, like 2005 or something), was... and I'm not exaggerating one bit... the best artistically performed show I hve EVER seen, anywhere, period.  The sound was absolutely fucking incredible, he performed his songs with pinprick accuracy and again clarity, there wasn't one bad note and not one sixteenth note was out of sync or sonically anything but spectacular.  He left and my jaw was still on the ground.  I cannot tell you how incredible a musician and possessor of virtuosity in every aspect of rock he is (sound, blend, timing, accuracy, etc.).

Never, ever saw a more perfect and incredible sounding show ever.

26 minutes ago, ERhine said:

It’ll take about twenty seconds to ask them to match. Why wouldn’t you?

Called Sweetwater and they said they looked into it and that company must be breaking from fender to do that price. It’s well below cost so no go. 

29 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Called Sweetwater and they said they looked into it and that company must be breaking from fender to do that price. It’s well below cost so no go. 

Adorama blows guitars out all the time. I bought that Triple Tele from them for something like $350. They went for $800, when they first came out. When Fender discontinues a guitar, which they did with that Tele, and they've done with that Jimi Strat, Adorama seems to mark them down quickly to get rid of their inventory. 

52 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

It's not that.   Adorama regularly has great deals like this.   I don't know how they do it, but they're legit.

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

It's not that.   Adorama regularly has great deals like this.   I don't know how they do it, but they're legit.

They said no way they can match it. The guitar is at my house waiting for me. I’m scared and all alone lol

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Open it up. Play it. If it REALLY speaks to you, I wouldn't send it back. If it's just ok, take the chance on one from Adorama. 

It’s here! Can’t open it until my daughter wakes up so I don’t wake her up but will post pics!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

Fuck! Should I see if Sweetwater can match?

Wow, that's like DougO luck. I check Adorama regularly because I'm also into photo stuff, but I always look at their guitar prices. They haven't had a notable guitar sale in quite a while for some reason. What timing.

Look at it this way and you're OK. If you buy the one from Adorama, it's going to cost you another $120 to get another tweed case somewhere, or $220 if you wanted the fancier one. So it's really not that far off.

And I just checked the deal and it's back to $899 again at Adorama. It could have been a glitch that was corrected.

3 minutes ago, DougO said:

Look at it this way and you're OK. If you buy the one from Adorama, it's going to cost you another $120 to get another tweed case somewhere, or $220 if you wanted the fancier one. So it's really not that far off.

And I just checked the deal and it's back to $899 again at Adorama. It could have been a glitch that was corrected.

No, the deal is still live.  You have to enter coupon code summertime.  I just checked, still works.  It's no glitch, Adorama has blowout sales like this pretty regularly. 

9 hours ago, DougO said:

that's what I figured.  the soft shell case is awful and wouldn't trust my guitar cheap or not in it.  they really should have offered this with a hard shell case.  I bought the $100 tweed case for it but that is on back order till June 22.

9 hours ago, DougO said:

I was just googling some guitar designs (actually, duckduckgo-ing), and stumbled upon this. Put me down for a tittycaster.

5-custom-esp-guitar-dino-muradian.jpg&f=

Obvious companion to the Vajacaster.  

She looks like she'll really dig it when you fit that neck in.

I have often wondered just how bad or decent these Maestro guitars really are. I see them in pawn shops from time to time. This sale is still not cheap enough to tempt me, though.

Maestro by Gibson MESGBKCH Double Cutaway Electric Guitar Kit
Average rating:3.7308out of5stars, based on26reviews26 reviews
Walmart # 552374972
$56.53

Learn how to play your favorite tunes right out of the box with the Maestro by Gibson MESGBKCH Double Cutaway Electric Guitar pack. This item has a solid wood body, a smooth maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, humbucking pickup and die-cast tuners. The full-sized Maestro by Gibson electric guitar comes with an easy-to-follow instructional DVD in written and oral English, encouraging general memory and concentration. Research shows that children trained in a musical program tend to develop superior social skills and manage their time more effectively. This electric guitar comes with a five-watt amp, cord, strap, picks, string and DVD. Maestro by Gibson MESGBKCH Double Cutaway Electric Guitar Kit, Black:
  • LP Design Electic Guitar
  • Maestro by Gibson electric guitar is based on a patented Gibson design dating back to 1961
  • Fast neck and razor sharp sound
  • Humbucker pickup
  • Guitar set includes 5W amp, cord, strap, picks, strings and instructional DVD
  • Electric guitar is not just stylish, but will also help develop basic life skills, as children in a musical program tend to be more socially secure and responsible with their time

9598e0a5-3111-4980-907e-c714bbc0adbe_1.4

Free shipping
Arrives by Wednesday, Jun 13

Edited by DougO