The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

28 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Yeah, and I may try a McCarty but it’s scale length is closer to the Gibson’s.  One of the main things I want is the 25.5” scale length even if it’s going to make the guitar sound less Gibsony.

I have a custom 24 with a 5 way selector knob and I get every sound out of that guitar 

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Someone pointed me to this Troublemaker Telecaster that Fender put out.  This has the two humbuckers, individual vol/tone pots and the Gibson tailpiece, but not sure about the Strat headstock.  I know the 72 telecaster deluxes have them, but it seems off to me.

EB886D14-852F-4725-B33D-1C15EDCF7AF2.jpeg

E44DAD9F-2F5E-4AD5-A195-F88249FF4A43.jpeg

Headstock looks better when not painted.

https://www.fender.com/articles/gear/closeup-check-out-fenders-new-parallel-universe-collection

https://www.fender.com/articles/gear/making-mischief-inside-the-parallel-universe-troublemaker-tele

8125E90C-85E8-4DAD-8A0A-F3D0442A63CC_1_201_a.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, sidis said:

presumably it is already making its way to your house?

Nah, I am still in the mental masturbatory stage of a new guitar purchase.  I have listed a guitar, and I won't get serious until it sells.  It's not a sellers market anymore, though.  Stuff is taking awhile to move.

15 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Mod shop added a few new colors. Think surf green, bubble gum metallic, and maybe silver burst are all new. 

Cool.  I'm probably being most tempted by a Warmoth build at the moment.  Like, I could literally make a Les Paul in a Tele body.  Matching the wood, bridge, pickups, electronics, dual volume/pots, etc...   Everything but the body and neck (and its scale length) could be equivalent.  If I did that, it would probably be a Carbonita style like below, but with the pickups/controls/electronics of a Les Paul w/vintage-voiced PAFs.

img_3796.jpg

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Goredho said:

Nah, I am still in the mental masturbatory stage of a new guitar purchase.  I have listed a guitar, and I won't get serious until it sells.  It's not a sellers market anymore, though.  Stuff is taking awhile to move.

Cool.  I'm probably being most tempted by a Warmoth build at the moment.  Like, I could literally make a Les Paul in a Tele body.  Matching the wood, bridge, pickups, electronics, dual volume/pots, etc...   Everything but the body and neck (and its scale length) could be equivalent.  If I did that, it would probably be a Carbonita style like below, but with the pickups/controls/electronics of a Les Paul w/vintage-voiced PAFs.

img_3796.jpg

That's a Gretschcaster...

• Like 1

I just stick to the 4 major food groups when buying guitars:

fender 

Gibson 

rickenbacker 

PRS

that and plenty of water and I’m happy. I just don’t want a guitar bad enough to buy a g and L or some off brand. Everyone copies off them (minus PRS) anyway. PRS is by far my favorite I must admit but I like over the top flames and colors. Also they (to me at least) are the most versatile guitars I’ve played or own.  

9 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

fender 

Gibson 

rickenbacker 

PRS

that and plenty of water and I’m happy. I just don’t want a guitar bad enough to buy a g and L or some off brand. Everyone copies off them (minus PRS) anyway. PRS is by far my favorite I must admit but I like over the top flames and colors. Also they (to me at least) are the most versatile guitars I’ve played or own.  

I'd toss in a Danelectro. Amazing and weird guitars. They shouldn't sound as good as they do. 

DTJjMLsWAAADbgy.jpg

fender 
Gibson 
rickenbacker 
PRS

Gretsch
I’d like to sell 2 guitars and buy a bad ass one guitar 
That never works, Bogey. 
FB_IMG_1647975472242.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I’ve still got my Dany 12 string.  It looks and feels a little weird, but it’s got a lot of jingle in its jangle.

"I've got an idea. Let's press some Masonite together and bind it with some tape, then put the pickups in some old lipstick tubes, and add a metal nut. It just might work."

• Haha 1

I am thinking of selling or trading a couple basses. I might drag them to the guitar show in Dallas next month.

1.  60th anniversary Fender Precision.

image.png.fc6769347867b110d7269aed000dac47.png

2.  Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones Lake Placid Blue.

image.thumb.png.881b84585c72f82a1e1ef0e9a13426ac.png

Those are clearly pics I found online.  Both of mine are in collectors condition.  The Fender has a hard case and case accessories.  The Lakland has a Lakland gig bag no accessories.  

I am just not sure yet.

Edited by Moby Ric
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

I am thinking of selling or trading a couple basses. I might drag them to the guitar show in Dallas next month.

1.  60th anniversary Fender Precision.

image.png.fc6769347867b110d7269aed000dac47.png

2.  Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones Lake Placid Blue.

image.thumb.png.881b84585c72f82a1e1ef0e9a13426ac.png

Those are clearly pics I found online.  Both of mine are in collectors condition.  The Fender has a hard case and case accessories.  The Lakland has a Lakland gig bag no accessories.  

I am just not sure yet.

Those are both great! I completely forgot that the show was coming up. Hopefully it will be bigger than last year. 

16 hours ago, topochico said:

Those are both great! I completely forgot that the show was coming up. Hopefully it will be bigger than last year. 

Yeah I was in Scottsdale last year for some much needed chilling out so I missed the show in 2021.  So I am looking forward to going and doing some prospecting and possibly selling, buying and or trading.  If you see some tool lugging two basses around its me.  Come by and say hey.

Here's something that might fit your bill...

image.thumb.png.f64e4b2f8dff2bb3001a09c750fa116e.png

https://www.fender.com/en-US/electric-guitars/telecaster/special-edition-custom-telecaster-fmt-hh/0262004520.html''

HIGH-END TELE® STYLE AND POWER
An exquisite high-end Telecaster experience awaits the player who gets his hands on a Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH. First, it looks phenomenal, with a carved flame maple top on a mahogany body, cream body binding, a gorgeous Amber finish with a matching headstock, a mahogany set neck, abalone dot fingerboard inlays and black hardware. Second, it sounds phenomenal, with dual Seymour Duncan® humbucking pickups, three-way pickup switching, a push/pull coil tap switch built into the master tone control knob, and more. A decidedly non-traditional Telecaster of peerlessly crafted style and powerful sonic substance.

FEATURES
Mahogany body with carved flame maple top, cream binding and Amber finish with matching headstock
Mahogany set neck with “C”-shaped profile
Seymour Duncan® ’59 humbucking neck pickup
Seymour Duncan® Pearly Gates™ humbucking bridge pickup
Two control knobs (master volume, master tone with built-in push/pull coil tap switch)
Three-way toggle pickup switch between the control knobs
Standard strings-thru-body Telecaster bridge with six block saddles

• Drool 1

33 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Here's something that might fit your bill...

image.thumb.png.f64e4b2f8dff2bb3001a09c750fa116e.png

https://www.fender.com/en-US/electric-guitars/telecaster/special-edition-custom-telecaster-fmt-hh/0262004520.html''

HIGH-END TELE® STYLE AND POWER
An exquisite high-end Telecaster experience awaits the player who gets his hands on a Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH. First, it looks phenomenal, with a carved flame maple top on a mahogany body, cream body binding, a gorgeous Amber finish with a matching headstock, a mahogany set neck, abalone dot fingerboard inlays and black hardware. Second, it sounds phenomenal, with dual Seymour Duncan® humbucking pickups, three-way pickup switching, a push/pull coil tap switch built into the master tone control knob, and more. A decidedly non-traditional Telecaster of peerlessly crafted style and powerful sonic substance.

FEATURES
Mahogany body with carved flame maple top, cream binding and Amber finish with matching headstock
Mahogany set neck with “C”-shaped profile
Seymour Duncan® ’59 humbucking neck pickup
Seymour Duncan® Pearly Gates™ humbucking bridge pickup
Two control knobs (master volume, master tone with built-in push/pull coil tap switch)
Three-way toggle pickup switch between the control knobs
Standard strings-thru-body Telecaster bridge with six block saddles

That's really solid.

I'd want to see the actual fretboard before pulling the trigger on the one I'd purchase. That Indian Laurel is way too light on those. That black cherry burst fretboard is darker on their example, which makes it look much better than their other two. 

On 3/29/2022 at 2:18 PM, Goredho said:

img_3796.jpg

Not sure how much more Gibson in a Fender body you can get. 

https://reverb.com/item/52329406-fender-limited-edition-parallel-universe-series-troublemaker-tele-2018-ice-tea-burst

Local pickup only in San Fran. Have AUTF grab it, fly out, jam with the Vary Mary's, profit. 

Or perhaps you know someone in Austin.....

https://reverb.com/item/48575485-fender-limited-edition-parallel-universe-troublemaker-telecaster-2018-ice-tea-burst

F3804E02-B115-4944-BC21-3B1065263F69_1_201_a.jpeg

5D8AEC81-A4F5-4039-9FF5-AF9C64B788A7_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, topochico said:

Not sure how much more Gibson in a Fender body you can get. 

https://reverb.com/item/52329406-fender-limited-edition-parallel-universe-series-troublemaker-tele-2018-ice-tea-burst

Local pickup only in San Fran. Have AUTF grab it, fly out, jam with the Vary Mary's, profit. 

Or perhaps you know someone in Austin.....

https://reverb.com/item/48575485-fender-limited-edition-parallel-universe-troublemaker-telecaster-2018-ice-tea-burst

F3804E02-B115-4944-BC21-3B1065263F69_1_201_a.jpeg

5D8AEC81-A4F5-4039-9FF5-AF9C64B788A7_1_201_a.jpeg

That is perfect!

• Like 1