The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

This guy from Wildwood is super dorky, albeit a tad funny, in his description of the guitar, but his playing is very good and he showcases the guitar well. 

I've been telling anyone who will listen what a special guitar the 2014 LP Traditional is.  Those 59 Tribute humbuckers (that year only) are exceptional.  I just happened to buy one new and it sings, is really easy to play, and despite being non-weight-relieved, doesn't rest heavily when playing whilst standing. 

If you have the means, I highly suggest you pick one up.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Deej said:

I'd kill for that tone...

I agree, so many great rock tones come from Strats.  Knopfler, SRV, Hendrix, the list is endless.

The problem is that (in my opinion) they're better for lead than rhythm, unless the rhythm guitarist is Mark Knopfler with the fingerpicking.  There is an overtone clash that occurs with crunch chords that I don't hear in Teles or LPs or SGs or Gretsch(es).  I call it the "piano overtone" -- it's a high pitched ringing that I just can't abide.  I really struggle with Strats, because I'm a rhythm player at heart (and by limitation).

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, dcbc said:

This guy from Wildwood is super dorky, albeit a tad funny, in his description of the guitar, but his playing is very good and he showcases the guitar well. 

I've been telling anyone who will listen what a special guitar the 2014 LP Traditional is.  Those 59 Tribute humbuckers (that year only) are exceptional.  I just happened to buy one new and it sings, is really easy to play, and despite being non-weight-relieved, doesn't rest heavily when playing whilst standing. 

If you have the means, I highly suggest you pick one up.

That's Greg Koch and he's a monster of a player.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Two comments on the YouTube page, and #2 was: 

Nothing original. Just songs from 40 yrs ago that I don't want to hear anymore

I hate people.

Plus, the comment was from 2019, and the Stones released JJF in 1968, making the song 51 years old at the time.  If you're gonna be a dick, at least be accurate.

Edited by jimmyjazz

A buddy of mine basically built that guitar with a routed Tele body that he had gold-topped, along with the cream P90s and the Bigsby.  Sounds amazing.  It doesn't hurt that he's a terrific player.

I think he might have gold-topped it himself with Krylon, LOL.  I'll have to ask.

Oh and if you are going to play bass it should be like this fucking guy

db9e3ca8779e540d01604c6ea233241f.jpg

Bass down to your knees. Long hair, pantera tank, insane scowl like you just got out of prison and you really would rather just kill everyone in the crowd. Watching him sing fantastic high harmony on songs like brown eyed girl and sweet Caroline with the vibe he was throwing down was just outstanding.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Deej said:

Love the pastel strats. My Shoreline Gold has really grown on me. 

I know y'all have seen it, but here it is again.

Screenshot_20220417-112826_Amazon Photos.jpg

Shoreline gold is a much better color than a gold top, which I have always found boring. There, I said it...

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Cool chart I found in digging for original Fender colors, not sure if it's accurate:

1960s Original Fender Custom Colors

That is cool, and at least surf green and blue ice seem to check out on cross reference.

https://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?dupont=2461&rows=50&syear=1957&smanuf=GM&smodel=Chevrolet&sname=Surf Green