The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Just to be clear, since i don't think we've explicitly stated that bit of Fender lore - Fender actually used Dupont auto paint to finish their guitars in that era. So the guitars literally shared colors with cars of the time. I need to actually go through and read that Strat book I have... The Stratocaster Chronicles

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

How about a Jazzmaster in AMC Gremlin "Meconium Green"

1970-amc-gremlin.png

Man, 70s colors.  My best friend's mom growing up had one of these.  It was the first car I'd ever seen that had a hole where I could see the street through the floorboard.  And that was in the early 80s so it couldn't have been that old. 

What a hunk of crap.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Man, 70s colors.  My best friend's mom growing up had one of these.  It was the first car I'd ever seen that had a hole where I could see the street through the floorboard.  And that was in the early 80s so it couldn't have been that old. 

What a hunk of crap.

So much a hunk of crap that not even a Price is Right model could get you excited about "A NEWWWWW CAR!"

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

And since this is a thread about guitars, I'll post the shitty guitar version of these colors.  

Gentlemen, may I present to you, the Antigua finish:

Antigua_Collection_70s_800x.jpg?v=149496

Jaundice, so it matches the guitar player's Hep C infected body. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

And since this is a thread about guitars, I'll post the shitty guitar version of these colors.  

Gentlemen, may I present to you, the Antigua finish:

Antigua_Collection_70s_800x.jpg?v=149496

They look like guitar sugar cookies that got left in the oven a little too long.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

What a hunk of crap.

You got a buck for gas?

• Hook 'Em 1

Amp question, but don't care, on the same quest as Deej (?) to combine the treads.

Looking for a small practice amp that's quiet enough for home; and decent sounding so I can use it live (mic'ed up of course). I generally play (poorly) rock on a Tele or LP.

2 in the price range that piqued my interest are the Spark and Vox Pathfinder. Any experience with either of these?

Amp question, but don't care, on the same quest as Deej (?) to combine the treads.
Looking for a small practice amp that's quiet enough for home; and decent sounding so I can use it live (mic'ed up of course). I generally play (poorly) rock on a Tele or LP.
2 in the price range that piqued my interest are the Spark and Vox Pathfinder. Any experience with either of these?

https://reverb.com/item/53721852-1964-fender-princeton-reverb?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=53721852

This is what you seek.

https://reverb.com/item/53721852-1964-fender-princeton-reverb?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=53721852

This is what you seek.