The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

56 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

I've experienced that a few times. The worst in when the box has never been opened, they just forwarded it from the factory without even giving it a quick inspection. Ive returned a few that could've been avoided had somebody at the retailer just looked at it.

That 335 was my only return… didn’t like that shipping one bit

56 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Eric Gales was playing upside down and backwards, and Kingfish was playing a purple HH Tele with Les Paul style controls and a 70’s Strat neck in their earlier sets.

I was really high and really confused.

Fender has a Kingfish signature model. 

https://www.sweetwater.com//store/detail/TeleKfDxMN--fender-kingfish-telecaster-deluxe-electric-guitar-mississippi-night

You’ll get nothing and like it.

Mike came back out with Stapleton and played I Should Have Known It. Badass.

I don’t know if there is a word for that technique where you bend the G up to match the note you fretted on the B, but I’m prepared to say Mike Campbell does it better than anyone. I will not argue about this. It’s now called The Mike Campbell.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I don’t know if there is a word for that technique where you bend the G up to match the note you fretted on the B, but I’m prepared to say Mike Campbell does it better than anyone. I will not argue about this. It’s now called The Mike Campbell.

The short little solo in "You Wreck Me" FTW.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Unison bend.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So it turns out that in 2014, Gibson custom shop released a "long scale" Les Paul with a 25.5" fender scale length.  Otherwise, they are R0's with the slim 1960 neck profile.  Both of those are my preferences.  I'm going to pick one up if I can find one at a decent price when I have the necessary funds available.

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Goredho said:

So it turns out that in 2014, Gibson custom shop released a "long scale" Les Paul with a 25.5" fender scale length.  Otherwise, they are R0's with the slim 1960 neck profile.  Both of those are my preferences.  I'm going to pick one up if I can find one at a decent price when I have the necessary funds available.

This corresponds to my interests.  

I also note they do not have the trapezoidal inlays.

Edited by Chad Fuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Goredho said:

So, tomorrow?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, topochico said:

Pics of Alt T? For research purposes.....

https://reverb.com/item/60937930-suhr-alt-t-with-rosewood-fretboard-2018-present-seafoam-green

If anyone here wants it, I'll sell it outside of reverb for $2100 + cost to ship (basically what I paid for it).  They are $3099 MSRP.  PM if interested.

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Goredho said:

What pickups do they have in them?  If 59 Tributes, grab it for sure.  I have those in my 2014 Traditional, and they are fantastic.

Go ahead and hate, but damn this thing plays great. Nitro on the neck already worn in where I'll be playing rhythm. Definitely relic'd on the paint job and not a decal with poly over it like the old ones. You can feel the different layers of paint. If I wasn't such a fan of Joe, I wouldn't have done it. December will be 20 years since he passed so suddenly. Still the only musician death that really left a hole for me. 

20220919_165737.jpg

20220919_170340.jpg

20220919_170350.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 6

And those pickups...holy shit! They say they are specifically wound for this guitar. I play a lot of Clash songs. My other Teles never sounded as spot on in terms of tone as these just straight into an amp. Nice job, Fender.

The difference in sound I'm hearing could just be the six saddle bridge, though. Not used to those on a Tele.

Edited by Deej

5 hours ago, Goredho said:

LP with Fender scale would feel strange to me at first.

Played for an hour before work this morning. That Tele is so comfortable to play and sounds really good. This has convinced me that on Fender-style guitars, I really prefer a 7.25" radius neck and vintage-style frets. My Esquire has the same and both just play so much more easily to me.