The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

1 hour ago, Deej said:

"What the fuck happened to my Black Magick? Why does it sound like it has a blanket over it?"

Fiddles with amp, before realizing the guitar tone knob is turned all the way down. 

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC

59 minutes ago, G650 said:

Man this hits close to home. I think it was either last week or week before and I'm losing my shit about how weak my Jubilee is sounding. I'm sure its got a tube going or something....

I honestly can't say how long the tone knob was turned all the way down on my Goldtop before I realized it lol. Could have been a half hour easily.

57 minutes ago, Deej said:

I don't even know how it got turned down.

Reminds me of this:

7fcc8c2033512e32186f625be5bb626516b72c44

Edited by dcbc

1 hour ago, DougO said:

I've seen some green PRS guitars that I liked. If somebody forced this one on me I'd probably take it off their hands.

ngxqluym6gmwnq9hhcww.jpg

I think they call that trampas green, and I have seen examples I like and examples I thought were too… I dunno, green.

16 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I always thought the deep green with gold looked good.

image.thumb.png.d52b3549e2645a8d2e9fb689017e49f3.png

fender_mij_ltd_super_deluxe_thinline_tel

image.thumb.png.a5768acc4d0421fcca87c972f7b602f6.png

That thinline Tele with filtertrons is the tits.

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Brad Alan Williams (UNT alum) played this badass refinished vintage Tele Thinline w/ Brittany Howard at ACL a couple years back.  It's what turned me onto the the Gold/Green Tele:

image.png.15f7bb4b316e48ead3a02d364f217aca.png

And then you lost me😜

I think I just don't like my Bassbreaker 15. I'm gonna try one more time to find a sweet spot with it, but I think it's likely that I'll dump it and try to find something more "Fendery". I kick myself all the time for not jumping on a vintage Fender amp when they were findable for around $600 years ago, but at this point I'm not interested in paying what those are now fetching. The reissues are pricey too. It looks like I'll be lucky to get $400 for the Bassbreaker: any thoughts on what to swivel to? Blues Junior?

15 hours ago, Goredho said:

That thinline Tele with filtertrons is the tits.

And then you lost me😜

The heavy flake may not be for everyone, but I thought it was cool for someone standing on a big stage at a relatively long distance from the crowd.  I'm a sucker for showy stage stuff.  I don't have a Nudie suit, but if I could pull it off when all my other bandmates on stage are doing the plaid shirt and jeans thing, I would. 

image.thumb.png.2862a3854204aef2171fd8ab2e740d46.png

image.png.34b72a560f85079a40d1f22ed5569880.png

image.thumb.png.815001d64d87f36b9f8eafa7fbfdbe99.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Also, if you're ever passing through Corsicana there's a small Lefty Frizzell museum and some of his Nudie suits and boots are on display inside. I drove out there with my Dad not long before he got sick.

Blind Lemon Jefferson is buried in an overgrown graveyard nearby in Wortham too, we cleaned it up.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I just rode a loud ass Super Glide 450 miles down coast on HWY 1 from San Francisco to Los Angeles with Rock and Roll blasting into my in-helmet unit. Pretty sure I'm a little more deaf now. I think ill need to leave the music off on the return and get a quieter bike if I ever do it again.c70d13a14449bb7290d2879dc3d4feee.jpg

Neal Peart and his BMW says hi
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandioso said:

The one on the right seems like it would be fairly simple to imitate, except for maybe trying to find an ashtray pickup cover.

8 minutes ago, Deej said:

It's a shame that video helped end his career. Some of his guitar work was Zeppelin-esque. He had some good riffs. 

Honestly he had 4 years of insane good output. But also he was a lunatic, and the scene really changed and he didn't keep up. I think he got a little shafted by changing tastes somewhat but I don't think he was built for the late 80s.